watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The real heroes of a fantastic season

Started by CorkedHat, July 03, 2010, 08:51:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

I must confess that I find it a little strange when I read comments such as, "Roy saved us from relegation"  and "Roy took us to Europe".
I don't wish to denigrate what he did as a paid servant of our club but surely the players who made the tackles, that scored the goals and saved the shots also had something to do with our success? Would they have performed as well under another manager - who knows for sure? But what I do know is that the players never gave up.
So may I thank the real heroes of a spectacular season – the players who played under enormous pressure when the chips were down. Well done lads. :clap_hands:

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

epsomraver

It's the same as Montgomery won El Alemein and Rommel lost it though Corkie. Roy had to set the battle plan!

CorkedHat

Quote from: epsomraver on July 03, 2010, 10:25:02 AM
It's the same as Montgomery won El Alemein and Rommel lost it though Corkie. Roy had to set the battle plan!

Fair enough ER but let's be thankful that Monty didn't have Italians for his army :019:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Peabody

I think the new Liverpool manager would agree with you CH.

VicHalomsLovechild

It was a group effort. All team sports are. That's what makes them so good. Everybody had their part to play over the last two and a half years.
I don't begrudge Roy going to Liverpool good luck to him and if any of the squad get to benefit from last year good luck to them as well.
At the very least, He leaves us in far better shape than we've been in for years and as long as the club get the next manager right we should be able to have another successful season.

epsomraver

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 03, 2010, 10:59:55 AM

Fair enough ER but let's be thankful that Monty didn't have Italians for his army :019:
they would have cheated  and dived their way to Alex  :005:

Ichabod Magoo

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 03, 2010, 10:59:55 AM

... or the French.  :016:
If your nose runs and your feet smell, you must have been born upside down. ~ Chudley Rippington III