News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who can we realistically get in in January ?

Started by colinwhite, December 18, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

colinwhite

:023:

Ive been thinking hard and long about this question and I am really struggling to come up with any names . Anybody got any ideas ?

Two Ton Ted

You're not fooling anyone Kit, go speak to the Scouting department...
Never ever bloody anything ever.

FPT

There's a couple of options within the country; players out of Premier League sides, and top players in League One.

I think looking in France is a good bet, in Ligue 2, Idriss Saadai is a machine; but a risk as he's not top level proven. He's a big powerful striker that would slot into English football quite well. The French league is packed with young players, so if it's experience you're after as well as quality, then this maybe isn't the place to look.

Kris Commons would be an excellent signing for someone like us. He's been too good for Scotland for two years now; and at the right price it's a replacement for Bryan Ruiz. Can play on either flank or behind the strikers, wonderful left foot, would slot into our squad quite well. Scotland could be quite an effective place to go if you can get a player with the right profile; look at Andy Robertson. Another risky SPL signing could be Stuart Armstrong from Dundee. He's an old young player, he's played a lot of games but still only 22, one of the best youngsters in Scotland.

There are a few Championship players we could get, but I'd stray away from that, if you're poor in that market, you will become a Championship side.

I do think we'll be able to pull fairly high calibre players to us, but I think this window will be frustrating for Fulham as we look to balance cost with quality.

Walsh

Quote from: colinwhite on December 18, 2014, 11:09:44 AM
:023:

Ive been thinking hard and long about this question and I am really struggling to come up with any names . Anybody got any ideas ?

Hi Kit. Every transfer window we're linked with Carlton Cole also known as Can't Control. Throw 5m at Tottenham for Moussa Dembele. Also, Maksimović looks like a decent defender from Torino. Good luck and Merry Christmas kit!

Putney

Quote from: Walsh on December 18, 2014, 12:01:40 PM

Hi Kit. Every transfer window we're linked with Carlton Cole also known as Can't Control. Throw 5m at Tottenham for Moussa Dembele. Also, Maksimović looks like a decent defender from Torino. Good luck and Merry Christmas kit!

Maksimovic wouldn't get a work permit.

spikey norman

Might get some bargain quality players from Serbia with all the problems their league is having at the moment with players wages not being paid.

Putney

Quote from: spikey norman on December 18, 2014, 12:22:05 PM
Might get some bargain quality players from Serbia with all the problems their league is having at the moment with players wages not being paid.

Aside from the fact none of them will get work permits, I doubt the club scouts in the Balkans. Also wage issues is nothing new there.

We'll get a few players in on loan.

Two Ton Ted

Jason Koumas is always a popular link for us.
Never ever bloody anything ever.

David Allen Crankshaw

I would like to see us offload certain players but I can't see any other clubs willing to sign them. Pointless having players who don't feature at any level.

VicHalomsLovechild

Any idea what the value of players, out on loan is? We'll be lucky to get anything for Ruiz. I can't see us going after anyone unless we get some cash in. There's no point in getting into any problems with the FP rules when our chances of reaching the playoffs is so slim.

f321ffc

BBC SPORT: Fulham interested in Belgian defender Mark de Man.

Apparently, they are also interested in his compatriots, striker Skor de Gaulle and goalkeeper Bloek de Schott. fp.gif
:merry christmas:

Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

Stefano Okaka Chuka

We need a back-up keeper and an enforcer in midfield à la Etuhu (but possibly better).
She's a Flamenco girl
and dancing is her life
she said stay with me, stay with me
Viva el Fulham!

FishaPrice

Quote from: f321ffc on December 18, 2014, 03:29:31 PM
BBC SPORT: Fulham interested in Belgian defender Mark de Man.

Apparently, they are also interested in his compatriots, striker Skor de Gaulle and goalkeeper Bloek de Schott. fp.gif

this is funny

Humbled

Scott Sinclair, Roger Johnson, Chris Baird, Liam Rosenior, Harry Maguire

SuffolkWhite

What about Charlie Adam? be good for this division!

Guy goes into the doctor's.
"Doc, I've got a cricket ball stuck up my backside
"How's that?"
"Don't you start"

Jims Dentist

Harry Maguire. Anthony Knockhardt from Leicester,  Mat Phillips of QPR.
The second two are struggling for games in the Prem, but were both top Championship players.

Would be good for us, but suppose it comes down to them being injury free prepared to come and not on too higher wages!!

@jolslover

Lewis Mcgugan and Diego Fabbrini are available from Watford. West Ham are keen to sell Ravel Morrison. Cardiff want to offload Magnus Wolf Eikrem
Also Newcastle are keen to offload Hatem Ben Arfa but wages would be a problem
STH H3

FPT

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 18, 2014, 05:28:31 PM
What about Charlie Adam? be good for this division!

Quote from: Jims Dentist on December 18, 2014, 09:15:36 PM
Harry Maguire. Anthony Knockhardt from Leicester,  Mat Phillips of QPR.
The second two are struggling for games in the Prem, but were both top Championship players.

Would be good for us, but suppose it comes down to them being injury free prepared to come and not on too higher wages!!

Quote from: @jolslover on December 18, 2014, 09:21:09 PM
Lewis Mcgugan and Diego Fabbrini are available from Watford. West Ham are keen to sell Ravel Morrison. Cardiff want to offload Magnus Wolf Eikrem
Also Newcastle are keen to offload Hatem Ben Arfa but wages would be a problem

All excellent suggestions; though I don't think Ben Arfa would be worth the headache; if Knockhaert's head is straight he could be an excellent addition to our side, especially as we'll like change to a 442 post-Ruiz. Matty Phillips, eh, decent player could be worth it, but more than £1m-£2m and we've been ripped. Charlie Adam would be another useful addition, but not a favourite on here; I personally quite like him, but would be fearful of the signing for formation issues.

YoungsBitter

It an interesting conundrum for Ali Mac and Kit. They obviously have bought into the balanced long term approach - 'sustainable' team building of Khan. The platform is the academy and certainly Kit feels very comfortable with players he has coached there over new comers.
Are we really in contention for promotion? If they all believe 'yes' then you will see some slightly higher wages, older Championship players coming in on short-medium term contracts, a central midfield, a left back, a Ruiz replacement if he goes. If they think its at best maybe I believe they will look to use people Kit feels comfortable with such as Kaca and Tunnicliffe and then you might see a couple of younger players with potential - another keeper, left back and probably not much more. We have a squad with depth in most positions plus spares - Eisfeld, David, Mesca, Dembele, Kavanagh are all there or there abouts so why add more to make their game time option even less? The spares like Fotheringham, Chihi, Voser, Cole ( if he has survived) maybe get shipped on but otherwise its not the lack of players in my mind - its more a question of time to bed in and mature - both Kit and the players we have so I am not expecting any major transfer activity......sorry if that disapoints.
Quark, strangeness and charm

The Rock

Quote from: SuffolkWhite on December 18, 2014, 05:28:31 PM
What about Charlie Adam?

So I dream of the future sometimes. Drop dead serious. I dreamt Charlie Adam was in the team and just assumed it was fact when you mentioned it.

There is a very finite kind of player that we could acquire with zero funds from our stingy owner and that is really one of them (taking we sell).

Can't really picture anyone else that fits as he has the skills that are needed at this time.