News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who can we realistically get in in January ?

Started by colinwhite, December 18, 2014, 11:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whiteroom

Quote from: Putney on December 18, 2014, 01:01:22 PM
Quote from: spikey norman on December 18, 2014, 12:22:05 PM
Might get some bargain quality players from Serbia with all the problems their league is having at the moment with players wages not being paid.

Aside from the fact none of them will get work permits, I doubt the club scouts in the Balkans. Also wage issues is nothing new there.

We'll get a few players in on loan.

I can see the argument about not having scouts in the area, but I always think that if someone from the Balkans was sent over here they could get a pretty good grasp of who is playing well in our leagues by talking to a few clued up fans. They could then send over someone to watch them a few times. Surely that's not too expensive.

hovewhite

would like to see baird come back in as he can play in a number of roles across the back and also do a defensive midfield role.Also wouldn't cost a great deal of money budget wise.

valdeingruo

Um maybe try and get a youngish german midfielder who runs his socks off and provides the grit in midfield?

Even that seems a bit dreaming.
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

PaulJ123

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 19, 2014, 04:13:07 PM
Ravel Morrison ?  On second thoughts, maybe not such a good idea, as his track record for settling at various clubs, does not fill me with any confidence, I think high maintenance and baggage is another reason to steer clear maybe.

Had a good few games, done nothing since and looks a right pain for the management.

Max Headroom

What do we need.....

a good reserve goalie. That they tried to get someone ex Crawley shows they want one

another good centre back, depending how good Casasola is, but Burn doesn't have the speed to be good enough I'm afraid. Maybe what Magath was doing by playing him at right back was to prove that he didn't have the necessary pace, as a slow centre back is actually more dangerous than a slow left or right back...

Left and right back we are OK (Kav, Amore and Staf on the left, Hoog and Grimmer on the right)

Bring back Kaca and Tunnicliffe.

Ruiz will go, but McCormack, Eisfeld, Roberts or Kaca can play there (Kit doesn't like Chris David).

Would be nice to have a good wild card coming in somewhere....

JackyFulham90

Bring back Kacaniklic & Tunniclife
Extend Fofana loan until end of the season
Look at a loan signing players like Harry Maguire & Serge Gnabry

David Allen Crankshaw

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 19, 2014, 04:13:07 PM
Ravel Morrison ?  On second thoughts, maybe not such a good idea, as his track record for settling at various clubs, does not fill me with any confidence, I think high maintenance and baggage is another reason to steer clear maybe.

Currently awaiting trial for assaulting an ex-girlfriend. Didn't Kit recently say that he only wanted to sign players of good character. Apparently Twitch is thinking of signing him for QPR. Russell Slade didn't want him at Cardiff and terminated his loan spell early.

MrProphet

Morison can go in the box marked talented but brain dead along with Nile Ranger and Marlon King. Don't want him anywhere near us.

Would love Ritchie but why leave bournemouth at the moment. Knockhart is a great shout was impressed when I watched him at yeovil last year.

Kaca and Tunnicliffe recalled is a given but what we need depends on if kit wants to stick with a diamond (quality replacement for Ruiz) or go 4-4-2 (need a couple of wingers)

I'd like to take Lee from Bolton and with their troubles it's unlikely to break the bank

Apprentice to the Maestro

I am unclear why we should be looking for short term `Championship' players when we could be looking for those who can offer the quality for the long term and the Premier League. January is probably not the best time to pick these up so I would rather be patient and wait for the summer. I would rather go to the end of the season with those we have, giving playing time to our improving youngsters, than bring in just another squad player.

Also suggestions of players like Ravel Morrison and Ben Arfa are strange because of their known attitude problems.

Yes, let's get Kacaniklic and Tunnicliffe back. And yes, we should also offload, if we can, those out of favour.

Andy S

Lets leave it to the youngsters to slowly get better just a tweak in the squad to add a bit of cover. while we can also pick up some promising young players for the under 21 squad