more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What a result!

Started by ChesterTheTabby, December 20, 2014, 04:55:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrProphet

Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2014, 05:45:28 PM
No I'm not always right,  but I'm protective of the younger players and just keep asking for people to have patience with them.
Apologies if offended anyone just happy the guys proved some people wrong today.

That's what everyone wants however we did persist with long ball football for several games and it was ineffective and quiet rightly critisised. I don't get the original point?

This tit for tat posting is getting a little boring now people have different opinions but ultimately we all want the same thing.

Max Headroom

I put £20 on Christensen to score at 7 to 1... Crazy odds.  Happy Xmas

Ordar

Just coming back from the game. Thought the first half was pretty even, and neither team played that well. A beautiful free kick from Ross who I thought played well, and Hutchinson header, who I thought was outstanding again, put us 2 up without us looking particularly good.

Second half was much better. We looked like scoring on the break all the time, and the third goal was a thing of beauty. I'd like to see the non given penalty again as it looked stone wall from the Hammy End and the keeper would have had to go. I didn't think the ref had a very good game at all.

Couple gripes would be Parker slowing the game down and generally going backwards with every pass. Was especially frustrating second half, and I personally would prefer Hyndman in there. Secondly Ruiz just looked uninterested. I've never been a fan, so I'm biased, but he'll be off in a couple of weeks anyway.

Positives were Hutchinson and LVC (as always), both who I thought played very well. Also I thought both fullbacks did very well, especially as they were pretty exposed in that first half. I feel the counter attack style we played second half suited the players a lot more than how we've been playing. Granted it helps to be ahead to play it. Nice Christmas present for everyone.

Special appreciation for the Wednesday fans who were superb throughout the game, and we're singing even when getting hammered

watfordwhite

Great result but cost me my 5 game both teams to score acca... well worth it. 077.gif

fulhamben

No I'm not always right,  but I'm protective of the younger players and just keep asking for people to have patience with them.
Apologies if offended anyone just happy the guys proved some people wrong today.
but once again you are more protective over man citys kid than one of our own. why not be more patient with one of our kids
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

premFlem

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 20, 2014, 05:28:33 PM
Very proud today and 4-0 didn't flatter us.

Did Woodrow dive? I was certain we should have had another penalty but he wasn't booked for diving.  It was hard to tell from the JH stand,  anyone in the hammy get a better view of it?
standing 20 feet away 100% penalty.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

Mince n Tatties

Ordar...Your right about Bryan he just going through the motions.
I think he is counting the days for Werder Bremen to  come back
for him..

MJG

Quote from: fulhamben on December 20, 2014, 06:04:54 PM
but once again you are more protective over man citys kid than one of our own. why not be more patient with one of our kids
Smacks head on table and gives up

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 20, 2014, 06:09:57 PM
for him..

Hey may be going through the motions, and it will be best for everyone when he is off to be fair. He has the talent, but he just doesn't fit in with the British game. That being said, a beautiful free kick for Hutch by the sounds of it.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2014, 06:11:49 PM
Quote from: fulhamben on December 20, 2014, 06:04:54 PM
Smacks head on table and gives up
or you could just answer why fofana should get special treatment over hyndman george tunnicliffe kaca staffy kavenagh and the likes. and yes it will be relevent if kit decides to extend the loan beyond january.

westcliff white

if we can get a point or more from Bournemouth then we are setting ourselves up to be in the top ten come mid Jan
Every day is a Fulham day

fulhamben

Quote from: westcliff white on December 20, 2014, 06:21:19 PM
if we can get a point or more from Bournemouth then we are setting ourselves up to be in the top ten come mid Jan
which will make us a little more attractive in the window.

Bill2

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 20, 2014, 05:28:33 PM
Very proud today and 4-0 didn't flatter us.

Did Woodrow dive? I was certain we should have had another penalty but he wasn't booked for diving.  It was hard to tell from the JH stand,  anyone in the hammy get a better view of it?
I thought it was a penalty and a red card for the keeper, although the guy behind me thought he went down rather easy. It may get shown on the box tonight so will watch then.

MasterHaynes

for him..
Thought exactly the same, so many times he was passed the ball only to pass the ball straight back. \Great corner kick but definitely looked like he was trying to ensure he did not pick up any sort of injury but you can't blame him for that if he is off in Jan

Neil D

Quote from: Lighthouse on December 20, 2014, 05:33:08 PM

Over 21,000 today and poor old QPR ONLY 17,000. Can't believe how our gates have held up.
Very big presence from Wednesday fans, however.  Probably 4000.  They were in good voice too despite not having anything to cheer about.

jms

Really enjoyed today. What a change after that debacle against Watford. Also, great crowd...thought they'd all be off shopping. Credit to the Owls supporters, and with us being a bit more vocal than in recent games, it created a wonderful atmosphere. But the highlight for me was that lad LVC. He is a complete joy to watch. Let's hope no Premiership scouts were there today.
:wine: xma2

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on December 20, 2014, 09:39:47 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on December 20, 2014, 05:37:11 PM
Quote from: MJG on December 20, 2014, 05:32:57 PM
So anyone want to talk about our long ball football?
Fofana and what he offers to the team,  can you see it now?
Grimmer second half was a rock and some proper old fashioned tackles.
I'll even back Ruiz and say he played well.

No need to be that way, you're not always right.  Today was a very good team game. I actually don't think ruiz played well at all, seemed frightened to get injured from where I was sitting.

I thought fofana played a lot better but kit was right to take him off, I hold my hands up about Grimmer.  He played very well.

Overall apart from Ruiz I think everyone gave their heart and soul today. I don't think ruiz was bad but he looked uninterested.  I think Hutchinson deserves praise too. Most of us wrote him off, I'm sure you didn't though

Lots of pluses today, lots of positives, pleased for Hutchinson. And Grimmer, LVC was sheer quality, Super Mac, was super, Parkers work rate was an example to us all. Bodurov had his best game for a while. But it was also a great team performance against a well organised and well drilled team. I entirely agree with you about Ruiz, he didn't track back to protect Grimmer in the first half, and as you say he didn't look interested and looked as though he didn't want to get injured. He couldn't tackle a boiled egg or foul a footpath, which is a shame as if he could convince himself his future is with Fulham, we could see a different Ruiz, that would be committed, but it just isn't going to happen I am afraid, as for Fofana, I think Kit decided to take him off to avoid a possible second yellow card, but I was pleased to see three subs used to keep others involved. As for Ruiz, I think he may very well be gone in the Window. Now that Staff is suspended for Boxing Day, I assume if he is fit, Sean Kavanagh will replace him.
What an intriguing game this match v Bournemouth is going to be, it will be a great test for us, but we can hold our own against a very good inform team, who are expected to win, so all the pressure is on them.

Staf being suspended is the big worry isn't it (especially since that was the least of all offences to be bookable)? I think Kav will be fine, but I fear for our defense with a young player that hasn't featured much and is injury prone. As for Fofana - he is turning into quite the player with some game time under his belt, and I was rather critical my first few times of watching him, pleased to say I was way off the mark.

Bournemouth are definitely expected to win and will more than likely be trying to wreck havoc down the wings - they must be stopped at all costs from doing this. Kit using three subs shows  that he is growing in managerial expertise and is learning along with his players. For example, may on the match day thread were off saying that couldn't understand why Roberts was brought on with 5 minutes of regular time left to play, but behold he did his part, forced a foul, and a resulting penalty and 4th goal to seal the day and a position higher in the table.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: MasterHaynes on December 20, 2014, 07:57:12 PM
I think he is counting the days for Werder Bremen to  come back
for him..
Thought exactly the same, so many times he was passed the ball only to pass the ball straight back. \Great corner kick but definitely looked like he was trying to ensure he did not pick up any sort of injury but you can't blame him for that if he is off in Jan

I'm glad it wasn't just me who thought ruiz played that way. It was so obvious and at times it felt like we had 10 men but that's an even bigger credit to the other 10 who were all outstanding and the subs of course.  

Woolly glad we agree again. I meant fofana was right to go off to prevent a red card, the first booking was so stupid so hopefully kit has a word about that. He's only young.

Very impressed today and lvc is turning into a superstar. I haven't seen a goal like that or a player run the length of the pitch at pace since Boa Morte used to do it. Special player and motm today although it could've gone to any of them (bar ruiz)
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Baszab

I could see Ross tell KS - about Fofana - "the ref said one more foul and he's off" -- so a great sub by KS

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Baszab on December 20, 2014, 10:48:22 PM
I could see Ross tell KS - about Fofana - "the ref said one more foul and he's off" -- so a great sub by KS

He brought down there player on the touchline right by the dugout just before he went off. He was lucky not to go off then. The first booking was ridiculous but he's only young and will learn.

It was a good decision by kit but to be fair it was an obvious correct decision.

Very very happy today, well done kit. Merry christmas son!
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging