watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow dive

Started by ffcthereligion, December 20, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ffcthereligion

Absolutely chuffed with today's result, once McCormack buried that beauty of a free kick we always looked like we were going to win! Comfortably mid table and a few wins away from the play offs. Excuse the optimism but its not all that often we win so convincingly.

However I was desperately disappointed with Woodrow's blatant dive inside the box late on. Sad to see that from a Fulham player I was really quite annoyed when he could have just tapped home. Everyone around me agreed he threw himself to the floor. I don't expect to see a replay on the football league show but am interested to know what everyone else thought. I know for a fact that had that been a Sheffield Wednesday player going down like that we would have absolutely slaughtered him for it. And of course, why was there no action at all from the referee?

Dont want this to take away from the result, fantastic!

colinwhite

Shaun and jim thought he dived on the commentary.

ChesterTheTabby

I could only hear the match from the GJ commentary, and although he was certain it was a penalty, Sean Davies instantly called it a dive. No offense to GJ, but I believe Davies when he said it looked to be a huge dive on Cauley's part. I hope he gets a talking to from the gaffer and some teammates, we don't do that. I'll have to see for myself from the replay.

As for the Playoff spot indication, I am with you. We still have the entirety of the 2nd half of the season to play, nothing to say it can't be accomplished, no matter what the odds.
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

Rhys Lightning 63

From where I was in the Hammy End, it looked a stonewall pen. But if it was a 'blatant' dive, why didn't either the ref or linesman pick up on it?
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

Ordar

Looked a blatant penalty from where I was sitting, so will be interested to see it again. Dunno why he'd dive as he could have just tapped it into an open goal.

Ref didn't book him either

fulhamben

Quote from: colinwhite on December 20, 2014, 06:24:20 PM
Shaun and jim thought he dived on the commentary.
jim thought it was a pen sean thought it was a dive
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

Buffalo76

Was in the Hammy End and thought it was a dive. He had a great opportunity to score so disappointed he didn't try and stay on his feet. That's one element of football i hate.
That's it and that's all.

J.Perkins

Pathetic refereeing from Mariner. If it was a dive, Cauley should have had a yellow. If it wasn't, red for Westwood.

fulhamben

Quote from: Buffalo76 on December 20, 2014, 06:45:54 PM
Was in the Hammy End and thought it was a dive. He had a great opportunity to score so disappointed he didn't try and stay on his feet. That's one element of football i hate.
it might not have been a dive though
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

madffc

I'm convinced the keeper caught him with his hands.. view from h4

Andy S

Thought it was a pen from where I was sitting in H6. If not should have been Booked

VicHalomsLovechild

Quote from: madffc on December 20, 2014, 06:50:22 PM
I'm convinced the keeper caught him with his hands.. view from h4

It looked a pen to me as well. Two thirds up and right above it in H4. Thought both lino's were rubbish. The bloke Staf got booked for fell over the ball right in front of one.

Supermitch

I'm H6 as well and looked a certain penalty from my angle.  Do appreciate that different angles can give a different perspective.

If it was a dive then certainly should have been a yellow but surely easier to slot the ball into the net?

Rhys Lightning 63

The only POSSIBLE explanation, is that the ref thought the keeper got the ball, then the ball ricochet'd off Woodrow's foot and out for a goalkick. 
@MattRhys63 - be warned, there will be a lot of nonsense

snarks

H2 thought it was a dive, but couldn't understand why he wasn't booked.

The keepers reaction at blaming the defenders was what made me think there may have been contact, he looked like he was prepared to go and seemed surprised nothing was given.

nose

LOOKED A PEN TO ME BUT HIOPEFULLY WILL SEE IT ON tv TONIGHT

capslock off now just an error nopt shouting

i suppose i could have retyped quicker than this explanation

Neil D

Viewed from the very end of the S block, it looked like a clear penalty but then Woodrow was on the Stevenage rd side when he went down.  The Hammersmith lot closest to the Stevenage Rd would have had the best view. 

Nick Bateman

We should leave diving to the experts, namely Chelsea!
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

grandad

In a radio interview Kit said that Cauley told him that the GK caught him. There were 3 Fulham players waiting for a tap in so why should he have dived.
End of.
Where there's a will there's a wife

cheerupjimmyhill

H4 looked a pen and to be fair to him even if not touched he would have had to avoid the keepers attempt.