watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Woodrow dive

Started by ffcthereligion, December 20, 2014, 06:22:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cravenawin

Kieron Westwoods reaction said it all. Tore into his defenders when Woodrow went over. He knew he'd got away with it. Should be looking at a one game ban like Bettinelli. Funny how Mariner gave the pen a couple of minutes later when the defender clearly won the ball. Making up for his howler methinks.

premFlem

sitting 20 feet away the keeper  made clear contact, nearly buster bloodvessel despite us being 3-0 up at the time.
You are my Fulham, My only Fulham,
You make me happy, When skies are grey,
You'll never know just, How much I love you,
So please don't take,My Fulham...Away

domprague

Same here

Quote from: Riether Lightning 63 on December 20, 2014, 06:29:16 PM
From where I was in the Hammy End, it looked a stonewall pen. But if it was a 'blatant' dive, why didn't either the ref or linesman pick up on it?
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

domprague

The bloke behind me said 'If you're not giving a penalty then you're saying it's a dive so why no booking?' I was right in front of it and I saw their keeper take his ankle out.
You came all this way ... and you lost, and you lost.

Skatzoffc

From where I sit I thought it a pen. But the guy behind thought no contact and a dive. I need to see the replay.

He should have kicked it in the net before taking it round the keeper either way.

On another note Mariner is possibly the worst ref in the league at the moment. He's been relegated to this game due to shocking performances, and, imo, should be relegated to to a league 1 game next week.  I really don't understand how they can take their massive salaries and sleep soundly at night with such inept displays. In any other industry they would be sacked immediately.

Good result mind. COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

FFCpmd

H3 - couldn't be clearer - never seen such a brick wall penalty - thought the Prem officials were bad, but this lot!!!

SouthfieldWhite

I was right in line with it in the Hammy End and looked a pen to me.

I did look at the lineman first as he had a better view than what the reddish.

If it wasn't a pen then he should of bookedWoodrow

dannyboi-ffc

I couldn't tell from the JH. And the indecisive reactions probably means my opinion is the most accurate.  I didn't have a clue lol.....

Don't understand why he wasn't booked though.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Black, White and Fred

It'll be pretty embarrassing if it was a dive as kit said in the press this week that it isn't something he expects for his players
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Why would you assume  that the lad went down  ????
Westwood got Woodrow which was why no  cards were shown  and the ref gave a goal kick.

As you are incorrect ,      .......   . Can you please change the title of this thread  

SouthfieldWhite

I think KCat is the female version of me as was just thinking the same , if the OP had put question marks in the title , then I may be different, but you're saying it was a dive when no one has shown any stonewall evidence that it was a dive.

Cauley is an honest lad and I don't believe he'd of dived to win a pen

bobbo

Couldn't tell from halfway line in riverside , but you more often see them given,and yes the ref was poor throughout for SW  and us and as already said he gave a pen very soon afterwards , didn't get a clear shot of that either, but the decision speaks volumes. Old sayin "one swallow doesn't maker a summer " but a great result giving me a feel good factor for the rest of the weekend
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Bill2

Sitting in H2 and had a great view, stonewall penalty in my mind.

As expected no comment on the Football league prog, maybe it will be on the club website.

ffcthereligion

Until Ive seen a replay showing clear contact Im standing by my opinion that there was minimal contact and that he went down looking for a penalty taking the easy option. If it was as clear cut as some are suggesting then there would be no debate there is no smoke without fire. I also think that for some the Fulham shirt is clouding their evaluation. I know for a fact that had a Sheffield Wednesday player gone down like that in front of the Hammersmith end 4000 people behind the goal would have absolutely pelted the player with abuse. From H6 it looked soft at best and I dont want to see that from our younger players especially.

Who knows I may see a replay and completely change my mind on the matter! I do hope this happens.

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: ffcthereligion on December 21, 2014, 01:49:23 PM
Until Ive seen a replay showing clear contact Im standing by my opinion that there was minimal contact and that he went down looking for a penalty taking the easy option. If it was as clear cut as some are suggesting then there would be no debate there is no smoke without fire. I also think that for some the Fulham shirt is clouding their evaluation. I know for a fact that had a Sheffield Wednesday player gone down like that in front of the Hammersmith end 4000 people behind the goal would have absolutely pelted the player with abuse. From H6 it looked soft at best and I dont want to see that from our younger players especially.

Who knows I may see a replay and completely change my mind on the matter! I do hope this happens.

So you're 100% sure it was a dive??? From H6

F(f)CUK

Disappointed with the coverage on the Fulham ap, as you cannot tell. However I had a great view and thought it was a dead cert pen.

callumc513

From my (not gonna lie, great view) it looked a stonewall penalty!

St Eve

From my view in New York and I couldn't get a stream or hear GJ it was a stonewall penalty

Fernhurst

Brilliant  St Eve  064.gif
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Peabody

At the time, I could not tell if contact was made, I sit in S Block and felt that Cauley should have shot earlier. But after seeing the replay then I feel that it was definate pen. Just look at Westwoods reactions, because he obviously felt the same.