more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Sheffield fans

Started by terryr, December 21, 2014, 10:13:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

terryr

What were they singing all game?

I was sitting in the Riverside Block X and they were bouncing up and down and chanting as hard as they could but I couldn't make out a word.
Anyone pick it up?
They gave Ross a lot of stick when he took corners but again I couldn't make out anything they were saying.
I know it wasn't  complements they were shouting......
I did see, before  the start of the game, a group chanting drunkenly at the Johnny Statue, which drew vitriolic response from FFC fans.
Horsey police moved in quickly
You have to give them credit as they didn't stop singing even when they were down 3-nil
Still I'd be interested in what they were singing. Banter isn't banter if you cant understand a word.

Andy S

I don't know and I couldn't care. I was there to see the game and the biggest laugh they gave me all afternoon was when their shot at goal missed and they thought it had gone in.

snarks

In terms of support very impressive, 4000 who didn't stop singing all game, most vocal home support I've heard for a while too.

MoussasGawn

I understand it's meant to be motivational to the team (allegedly) but I personally find the majority of `singing/chanting' to be unrecognisable jibberish.

Either that or it is disrespectful and vulgar.

My personal favourite from (all) supporters of the opposition that visit CC is the legendary rant about the level of our support.

Childish.
30 years through thin and thin, our time is now. Forget Torquay at your peril ...

Mince n Tatties

They were singing "You Southern Softies Cant Make Proper Yorkshire Puddins"
So I started singing back"YEAH BUT WERE GOOD AT TOAD IN  THE HOLE"  :dft011:

Me-ate-Live, innit??

Lighthouse

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on December 21, 2014, 10:24:06 AM
They were singing "You Southern Softies Cant Make Proper Yorkshire Puddins"
So I started singing back"YEAH BUT WERE GOOD AT TOAD IN  THE HOLE"  :dft011:

I hate the needless culinary abuse. Worse in the Seventies when they started throwing quiche at middle class white players. Sickening.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Travers Barney

We are the whites

dannyboi-ffc

Anyone else hear the group of them singing "who the f#####g hell is that" pointing at the JH statue outside before the game?

I'm all for banter but surely someone with a statue regardless of whether it's outside Wembley or Craven Cottage deserves to be admired and respected because they must've achieved something special.

Not to mention the gentleman they didn't know was one of the greatest talents england has ever produced and played 56 times for england and captained england at a world cup.

It's not just northerners because I can imagine London fans being that ignorant but it strikes me as a lack of intelligence.

Maybe I'm just sensitive about these things but it wound me up
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

nose

I understand it's meant to be motivational to the team (allegedly) but I personally find the majority of `singing/chanting' to be unrecognisable jibberish.

My personal favourite from (all) supporters of the opposition that visit CC is the legendary rant about the level of our support.

Childish.
[/quote]

I just wanted to say that I love your AKA and wished i had thought of it first!

049:gif xma2 xma2 :wine: xma2 049:gif

Take Me Home MAF

They were signing 'if you dont f......g bounce, if you don't f.....g bounce then you're a blade' hence the bouncing

Blade being shef uniteds nickname, derby did this same this year but to red in reference to notts forest

I thought the Wednesday fans we arguably the best i have seen in my 15/16 years i have been to the cottage, the volume was impressive and set there platform for a great atmosphere and a great day

MoussasGawn

Quote from: nose on December 21, 2014, 10:44:41 AM

Childish.

I just wanted to say that I love your AKA and wished i had thought of it first!

049:gif xma2 xma2 :wine: xma2 049:gif
[/quote]The AKA in respect of the day `my' Fulham began the slippery slope ...

In Kit I trust ....
30 years through thin and thin, our time is now. Forget Torquay at your peril ...

@jolslover

When Mccormack was taking they corner they chanted "Leeds scum, We fu**ing hate Leeds scum"
STH H3

ScalleysDad

A decent, chatty and ever so slightly drunk group in the Brickies. For some of them the day had started at 7am with beer and a full breakfast. One of the young guns had just been fined for texting his girlfriend and had to down a pint, SheepDip was chosen and the poor lad suffered. I trust his girlfriend loves him dearly. The downer for me was the fourth pint, they made me do it, required a visit to the gents just before half time to avoid the rush, the just before half time when Hutchison scored. Damn them all!!!
Did anyone see what happened to the older Wednesday fan who tripped up the kerb by the entrance into the Palace. I offered to help but the constabulary took over. He looked in a great deal of pain.

Forget about the boinging up and down and the constant singing what about the backdrop. An awesome sun set.

VicHalomsLovechild

Reminded me of Portsmouth. They sang win or lose. Brought the Hammy to life.

Burt

I swapped over to the neutral end (or "mixed", as it said on the ticket) for this match as I went with a Wednesday mate from my uni days, and I have to say that their support was amazing. Fair play to them, they got royally stuffed (the shoreline was a bit flattering, perhaps) but they kept on having a good time right to the end.

They were quite vocal in the Ox before too, but generally a sociable bunch.

Good my meet you yesterday ScalleyDad... Thanks for the half time snack!

ScalleysDad

Likewise. The pies actually came from The Enclave where half time munchies is almost like a game of spoof. "Sir I will trump your bolognaise tartlets with a fine selection of cheeses on slithers of home baked Mediterranean ciabatta". I am not sure what the pie filling in the middle was but no side affects thus far. 
I would like to point out that I did wash my hands before offering aforementioned snack.

HillingdonFFC

Brilliant support from them so close to Xmas.Dont think I've ever seen so many p×@*%d up away fans in my life, I thought those northerners could drink

leonffc

I got to the game late and there were a fair few wandering around drunk that either weren't allowed in or had been ejected. Was chatting to a couple as they just wanted to know the nearest pub.
One bare chested 50 year old was surrounded by about 8 coppers by the gates though.

Berserker

Yeah Mr B said look their doing then Celtic Bouncy Bouncy, obviously being a Scot and Hearts fan he's seen it a lot. I asked him what they were singing and he said mostly a mixture of  swear words!!

xma1
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.