watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Schwarzer To Leave Next Week

Started by White Noise, July 09, 2010, 07:39:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.tribalfootball.com/schwarzer%E2%80%99s-arsenal-deal-be-completed-next-week-961241

Schwarzer's Arsenal deal to be completed next week

09.07.10 | Andrew Slevison

Fulham goalkeeper Mark Schwarzer's proposed move to London rivals Arsenal is expected to completed next week.

News emerging from the UK, particularly from the Daily Mail, suggests that the Australian number one will sign a $6million (£3.5million) early next week after recently passing a medical at the Emirates Stadium.

Schwarzer moved to Fulham from Middlesbrough in May 2008 and helped the Cottagers to the Europa League final last season but is now set to move on.

Fulham are reportedly targeting England veteran David James as Schwarzer's replacement.

Lighthouse

The depressing bit is David James as replacement. Swart is way passed his best and the thought of some dosh makes good business. But James? Oh dear god. Only we would replace a sprightly pensioner with a senile one.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tom

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 09, 2010, 07:45:50 AM
The depressing bit is David James as replacement. Swart is way passed his best and the thought of some dosh makes good business. But James? Oh dear god. Only we would replace a sprightly pensioner with a senile one.
+1
Fulham for life!

OldBrownShoe

I am a pensioner too and the lights are beginning to go out. No, you will be pleased to hear, I am not going to offer to take MS's place between the sticks if in fact he does go elsewhere. However I do wish we could stop commenting on speculation (usually by lazy journalists and planted by agents) as if they are facts. I know that in many ways it is all part of the fun but we could fill a book of players we are linked with every transfer window.

I am surprised we haven't been linked with goalie Richard Wright just released by Ipswich but give it a day or two and in will be in a paper or somebody's mum will have seen him in a chip shop in  which can only mean...
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Lighthouse

Ah OBS that's what they said about Roy - No point on commenting on idle speculation, it will never happen, but be on your guard I said,for the evil one never rests,but the evil inside them grew and grew ... sorry went off on a Jeff Wayne War Of The Worlds moment there.

But sadly this story has been going on longer than Roy going to Liverpool. It is true. Possibly.

Just heard (keep this under your hat) that we are going for Richard Wright of Ipswich. He was seen in a chip shop ... oh no hold on that was you wasn't it OBS. Oh sorry scrub that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Tktd

Fools - the lot of you.

Arsenal made a statement saying that they would announce something GK related after the world cup - why would they wait till after the world cup if they were going to sign Schwarzer.

OldBrownShoe

When it seemed to take an age for Roy to agree a contract with us and then only a twelve month roll-on one, and we knocked over a few trees in Europe it seemed pretty clear he wasn't staying. Plenty of clubs here and abroad would have come in for him and, in any case, his career record shows he is forever on the move.

Sorry the nurse has just arrived...
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

finnster01

I hear Gordon Banks was spotted at Motspur as well. Evidently he had to bring his passport to prove he is old enough to play for Fulham (72)
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

FC Silver Fox

Quote from: finnster01 on July 09, 2010, 10:05:46 AM
I hear Gordon Banks was spotted at Motspur as well. Evidently he had to bring his passport to prove he is old enough to play for Fulham (72)

Even with one eye and a walking stick, Gordon Banks is probably a better prospect than David James.
Finn and Corked Hat, you are forever part of the family.

Burt

Is this Pascal Zooooberbooobervuvuzela's big chance??

Ugh... Hope not. Lets get Stockdale "blooded in"!

JBH

New Twist on Sky Sports

Skysports.com understands Arsenal are ready to turn their attentions to Slovenia star Samir Handanovic as they look to bring in a new goalkeeper.

Wenger has made recruiting a shot-stopper one of his top priorities this summer as he looks to solve the somewhat problematic position at the Emirates.

The Gunners have been linked with a host of keepers and it appears Udinese custodian Handanovic is at the top of Wenger's wanted list after impressing the Frenchman at the World Cup, especially in the narrow defeat to England.

Handanovic is regarded as one of the best young goalkeepers in Europe having impressed for club and country in recent years.

Arsenal have seen a bid for Fulham keeper Mark Schwarzer rejected and the Gunners could now switch their focus to Handanovic as an alternative, with the player seen as a long-term option for the club as he is only 25-years-old.

Udinese are reluctant to lose Handanovic, but they would find it hard to turn down a sizeable offer for the player.

Jimpav

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 09, 2010, 09:05:25 AM

But sadly this story has been going on longer than Roy going to Liverpool. It is true. Possibly.

It's almost as old as Hangeland going to Arsenal and that hasn't happened...yet!

FatFreddysCat

Sorry have to disagree with you all. If Swartcher goes for that money it's very good business. David James is still a very good keeper and for a season on a freebie is also a sound investment.

Serotonin

Steve Harper from Newcastle. I saw him in the Agora Amusements on North End Road.

alfie

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 09, 2010, 01:48:28 PM
Sorry have to disagree with you all. If Swartcher goes for that money it's very good business. David James is still a very good keeper and for a season on a freebie is also a sound investment.

I  Agree with FFC on this, yes James makes the odd error, but then so did the big Aussie, but they are both still damm good keepers.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

richardhkirkando

Every goalkeeper makes an error here and there, those don't concern me much.  The difference is what you don't notice so much - good keepers like Schwarzer will position themselves to save shots that would go in against James and deemed to be "not his fault" or "nothing he could do".  

Sorry, David James is horrible.

CorkedHat

Portsmouth have offered a player-coaching role to England goalkeeper David James.
Full story: Daily Mail

What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

Tom

Quote from: richardhkirkando on July 10, 2010, 01:33:02 AM
Every goalkeeper makes an error here and there, those don't concern me much.  The difference is what you don't notice so much - good keepers like Schwarzer will position themselves to save shots that would go in against James and deemed to be "not his fault" or "nothing he could do".  

Sorry, David James is horrible.
+1
Fulham for life!

Tom

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 10, 2010, 03:42:39 AM
Portsmouth have offered a player-coaching role to England goalkeeper David James.
Full story: Daily Mail

Portsmouth can keep him!   :54:
Fulham for life!

Logicalman

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 09, 2010, 01:48:28 PM

Totally agree.

James has been a good servant as is still considered one of England's best keepers (OK, so there's not THAT much competition around), and at a sprightly 40, he still has a few years left in him in the top flight, even if it's just to hold the fort while we bring another keeper up to speed.