more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Welcome to another Managerial Contender

Started by Lighthouse, July 09, 2010, 03:18:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lighthouse

BAXTER THE FUTURE FOR FULHAM?
STUART BAXTER, currently Finland manager, has been gambled on to get the job as Fulham manager with William Hill, who now make him 2/1 second favourite to get the role, behind 4/7 favourite Sven Goran Erikkson.'We've had people coming into our branches looking to back Baxter at any price, and even suggesting that they know he has been offered the job' said Hill's spokesman Graham Sharpe.'We've slashed his price from 16/1 to 2/1 and wouldn't be surprised to see him go odds on.'
Hills also offer 7/1 Bilic; Curbishley.

FROM WILLIAM HILL VIA NEWS NOW

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Huge

Just read his bio on Wikipedia, it doesnt really get me excited at all, i think Sven would be better than him:

Playing career
Baxter, who has a Scottish father and an English mother, was born in Wolverhampton[1] and began his playing career with Preston North End in 1971. He later moved north to Scotland to join Dundee United before returning to England with Stockport County. Baxter then moved to Sweden, Australia and the United States respectively with Helsingborgs IF, South Melbourne FC and San Diego Sockers. His playing career ended in 1983. Although born in England, Baxter was brought up in Scotland and considers himself Scottish.

[edit] Coaching
Baxter returned to Scandinavia to begin his coaching career; he worked with Örebro SK's youth team. In 1986, he was appointed manager of minor Norwegian side Idrettsforeningen Skarp. The following year he landed a larger managerial role with Portuguese team Vitória de Setúbal before returning to Sweden for a three stint at Halmstads BK between 1988 and 1991. In his first year with Halmstads he guided them to promotion to the Allsvenskan but the club was relegated at the end of his tenure. Baxter moved to Japan to first coach Sanfrecce Hiroshima, between 1992 and 1994, and then Vissel Kobe, in 1997. He took over as manager of Kobe only days after an earthquake caused devastation in the city and spent 2 weeks living in a makeshift caravan in the Club carpark.

In 1998, Baxter was bought back to Sweden by AIK Solna, where he guided them to the Swedish championship. Having qualified for the UEFA Champions League, Baxter took AIK into the group stages where the Swedish champions played against some of Europe's largest teams, such as FC Barcelona, Arsenal and Fiorentina. Unsurprisingly, AIK finished bottom of the group. After two years, he moved to Norwegian side Lyn Oslo.

Baxter was hired by the Football Association to coach the England Under-19 national team in 2002. After two years, he was hired as South Africa's manager. By autumn 2005, he quit this role having failed to qualify for the 2006 World Cup. He later had another short spell at Vissel Kobe before moving back to Helsingborgs, this time as manager in 2006. He took the Swedish side past the group stages of the UEFA Cup in 2007 but he resigned at the end of the year.

At the beginning of 2008, he was appointed manager of Finland on a two-year contract.[2] In January 2009 it was announced that he has signed an extended contract that will keep him in charge of the Finland team through the 2012 European Championships campaign.[3]

[edit] Family
He has a son, Lee, who is also a former professional football player and now a goalkeeping-coach
The Dude abides

TheDaddy

I would just like to clear all speculation that ! "I will not be the next Fulham manager " ! .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Tom

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 09, 2010, 03:41:20 PM
I would just like to clear all speculation that ! "I will not be the next Fulham manager " ! .
Go Daddy! I wish you the best of luck.
Fulham for life!

jarv

Might as well add Stanley Baxter to the list. At least the players would have a good laugh. (although he is probably dead now).