News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Blackpool away. Dont book travel or hotel just yet.

Started by FatFreddysCat, July 11, 2010, 11:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatFreddysCat

My mates just rang and told me their ground is having more work done on it to get it up to Premier standards and very good chance it wont be ready in time for our match.

TheDaddy

BLACKPOOL have been forced to switch their first home game in the top flight for nearly 40 years.

The Seasiders are struggling to bring Bloomfield Road up to scratch for Premier League.

So instead of hosting Wigan on August 14, Ian Holloway's men will now play an away match at the DW Stadium.

And if the 109-year-old ground is still not ready for Fulham on August 28, then Blackpool fans' first taste of Premier League football on their own territory will be the Lancashire derby against Blackburn on September 25.

Blackpool are building a 5,700-seat temporary East Stand to raise capacity to 17,600 - still the smallest in the Premier League.

But they have lost a race against time to meet all the Premier League's requirements before the opening weekend. Rules about the number of press seats and TV camera positions are believed to have caused particular problems.

The club are also in a hurry to bolster their squad after only 16 professionals reported for pre-season training on Thursday.

Boss Holloway is back at work tomorrow after a holiday and will need to be busy in the transfer market to pull together a full 25-man squad.

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Admin

I'm down there for the 23rd, 24th and 25th of this month, jolly boy's outing and all. I will be wearing the famous black 'n' white shirt so i'll try to give you some feedback, if i come back alive..