more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tonight's game

Started by Bartender 14, July 11, 2010, 12:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartender 14

Hi friends of Fulham,

As some of you will know, I'm following Fulham since their defeat against M'brough in August 2007 (1-2, Schwarzer holding the ball back over the line and Mc Bride getting a serious injury). Last season I watched their only away win at Pompey and saw the Mighty Whites win at the Cottage against my countrymen Matthijsen and Van Nistelrooij, EL semi-final. Also I saw them play the EL final in Hamburg and felt very sad together with 14.000 other Fulham fans that night. You will understand I was stressed when the Dutch had to play against Forlan in the semi-final after Forlan scored two times in de EL final against FFC. Fortunately we scored more goals than Uruguay and are playing the final tonight.

I felt very sorry for the English national team after their loss against Germany. What a terrible referee, even after a clear goal of a representative of the scum! It's a riddle that even with such class players your country has, the national team achieves so poor. They seemed too tired and even more important: they did not act as a team. The Dutch team is really not better than the English team, but they are far more determined and focussed and form a team. Maybe Capello can work on this. But Roy Hodgson would attain more I'm sure.

My question is: who do you support tonight? Spain or The Netherlands? Ik hope you all will support ' Oranje'  like I supported Fulham last years.

Maybe see you in August at the Cottage (Werder Bremen / Ozil).

Enjoy this beautiful summer,

Bartender 14

GoldCoastWhite

Oranje all the way for me - and mine's a pint of Grolsch thanks Bartender ! Proost  :beer:

TheDaddy

Ik steun de oranje vandaag 
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Fletchino

i am holish for the day

Fletchino

as long as ronald kuman is not at the game if i see him in the ground i will want spain to win

Jimbobob

I vote for Roy Baty: :dft012: :dft012: :dft012:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Lighthouse

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on July 11, 2010, 02:47:44 PM
I vote for Roy Baty: :dft012: :dft012: :dft012:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attacking teams on fire off the shoulder of The Spanish. I've watched cross shots glitter in the dark near the Spanish Goal. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like goals...in Spain.

Time to Lose
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimbobob

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attacking teams on fire off the shoulder of The Spanish. I've watched cross shots glitter in the dark near the Spanish Goal. All those ... moments will be lost in time, like goals...in Spain.

Time to Lose
[/quote]

That is damn brilliant!!!!!   :54: :dft012: :sir_roy: :beer:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Tom

Fulham for life!

Bartender 14

Quote from: TheDaddy on July 11, 2010, 01:49:13 PM
Ik steun de oranje vandaag  

Dat is fijn om te horen Daddy!  :047:

Bartender 14

T
Quote from: Tom on July 11, 2010, 04:14:30 PM
The Dutch.   :beer:

Thanks Tom, as a bartender I have always to stay sober, but tonight will be difficult after a win

Tom

Quote from: Bartender 14 on July 11, 2010, 04:18:55 PM
T
Quote from: Tom on July 11, 2010, 04:14:30 PM
The Dutch.   :beer:

Thanks Tom, as a bartender I have always to stay sober, but tonight will be difficult after a win
No problem, have fun tonight my friend! Go Orange!!!
Fulham for life!

FatFreddysCat

Spain has much better beer, i dont smoke dope anymore, I dont want Mayonaise on my chips (and everything), and Spain has much better weather and food, though i prefer Dutch people to Spanairds, and i have no ill feeling towards Athletico Madrid, so i'm Espana for the night.

sipwell

As I said in the other message: Spain for me. The mere idea of over-cocky Dutchmen bragging for four years in our common language is already horryfying me. But in any case: good luck
No forum is complete without a silly Belgian participating!

cebu

Someone told me that FIFA have made a last minute change to the "Golden Boot" award. Instead of the top scorer getting it, the player with most goals + most assists will get it, i.e. Thomas Mueller.

Has anyone else seen some form of confirmation about this?

HatterDon

Quote from: cebu on July 11, 2010, 07:37:15 PM
Someone told me that FIFA have made a last minute change to the "Golden Boot" award. Instead of the top scorer getting it, the player with most goals + most assists will get it, i.e. Thomas Mueller.

Has anyone else seen some form of confirmation about this?

I heard this during the 3rd place match yesterday. The greatest number of goals is the tie breaker. Mueller, David Villa, and Schneijder all had an equal number of goals. Since neither David Villa or Schneijder scored today, Mueller gets the boot by virtue of his having more assists.

Speaking of brilliant baby wingers, any chance we could land that Spanish kid Jesus Navvas who came on in the second half? He's 24 and plays for Sevilla. Jesus, the kid can play.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

BarryP

I thought the number of assists served as the tie breaker because there was a tie for the most goals scored.
"Never give in. Never give in. Never, never, never, never--in nothing, great or small, large or petty--never give in, except to convictions of honor and good sense."