watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

US Manager?

Started by FFCSteve, July 13, 2010, 03:25:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FFCSteve

I see today the Current Bun is touting Bob Bradley as our next manager!

Do we know much about him? Apart from the obvious!
COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!

HatterDon

I only found out last week that his brother is Scott Bradley, former Montreal Expo and current baseball coach at Princeton. He has another brother who is a soccer journo in the states, and of course his kid can kick it about a bit.

I don't think this will happen, but I'd really love us to go after son Michael, who is JUST what we need to replace an aging Murphy.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Logicalman

Quote from: FFCSteve on July 13, 2010, 03:25:39 PM
I see today the Current Bun is touting Bob Bradley as our next manager!

Do we know much about him? Apart from the obvious!

Then again, putting it all into perspective, the Sun would tout the editor's grandmother as Prince Andrews latest sack-partner if they thought it would sell the rag.

bigalffc

I'd take bradlet if he brought his son with him
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Tom

Quote from: bigalffc on July 13, 2010, 07:41:46 PM
I would love it if we got Bradley's son. He is a class player and young.
Fulham for life!

boxhockcycsock

Quote from: bigalffc on July 13, 2010, 07:41:46 PM

Here, here!  :54:

This shows that recently Bob Bradley has allegedly been connected with Fulham. This describes his achievements on wikipedia. To summarize his CV:

1. Played football at princeton.
2. Graduated Ohio University with degree in Sports Management
3. Managed Princeton University Football programme winning two Ivy League titles and reaching NCAA final four.
4. Manager of Chicago Fire 1998-2002, winning MLS Cup/US Open Cup double in 1998, named 1998 MLS Manager of Year.
5. Manager New York/New Jersey MetroStars, leading to US Open Cup finals.
6. Manager ChivasUSA.
7. USA Men's National Team Manager, 2007 Gold Cup Champions, 2009 Gold Cup Finals, 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup Finals.
8. Manager Fulham FC, 2011 Europa League champions. GOTCHA!   :52:
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

mccscratch

Back from holiday!!

Just a reminder...Bob Bradley vs SGE.... 2-0 USA over Mexico and the match was not even that close...

A big name is not always everything... Bob employs the same general style as Roy...he is a great motivator and is very very intelligent... My biggest concern would be his ability to attract big name players...Sven takes the cake by miles in that regard...

That being said... it would be something totally new and original giving a Yank his shot at the big time... Hard to say where it would end up...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

HatterDon

I want Bob to stay with the USMNT. And if he doesn't, I'd rather he didn't move on to us. Why?

Whoever replaces Roy is going to have a very tough time with the supporters -- it's always the case when replacing a legend. With Tottenham and Man City upping their game, I can't see us getting into Europe based on league position again for a long time. Roy did that for us, and his successor [whoever he is] won't -- neither is he likely to beat United two seasons in a row without conceding. So unless we go on a successful domestic cup run, this coming season is going to be considered a failure in comparison to Roy's last two campaigns.

When the knives come out, I'd rather see vituperation heaped on the Swedes or the Germans. I've had enough of the Yank bashing on Fulham sites over the years.*

* Something that doesn't happen on FofF. Thank the makers!
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FFCSteve

I wouldn't mind betting that's who we get!

Another manager off the normal radar. Did a good job with the US team. 5 months contract left. Nothing to lose. Everything to gain!

All depends if he wants to move from the US.

COYW!!! Bring back Rene! But I do like Slav!