News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

nfr house of cards season 3 (yank version)

Started by fulhamben, February 27, 2015, 08:35:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fulhamben

the entire new series is now on netflix for those interested. i cant recommend the first two highly enough, so im hoping this season will follow suit
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

MJG

Currently downloading all the episodes ready to watch over next few days.

HV71

MJG

Quote from: HV71 on February 27, 2015, 08:59:58 PM
No spoilers please ....it is soooooooo good
Well don't look at this thread or your find out that Doug is actually......

HV71

.....Matt Smith in disguise ( well I have only seen him for 13 minutes in a minor part at Reading )

Logicalman

Quote from: MJG on February 27, 2015, 09:03:09 PM
Quote from: HV71 on February 27, 2015, 08:59:58 PM
No spoilers please ....it is soooooooo good
Well don't look at this thread or your find out that Doug is actually......

.. Darlene!!

Thanks for the heads-up, looking forwards to this.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

fulhamben

Quote from: MJG on February 27, 2015, 08:58:36 PM
im putting off watching it, as i know once i start i wont stop. nailed the first two series in 2 and half days

Lighthouse

You may say that but I couldn't possibly comment.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

fulhamben

Well its been a long 23 hours but I've finally finished the season. All I'm gonna say is I preferred frank when he was the whip

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: fulhamben on February 27, 2015, 09:22:18 PM
Quote from: MJG on February 27, 2015, 08:58:36 PM
im putting off watching it, as i know once i start i wont stop. nailed the first two series in 2 and half days

Over here they call it 'binge watching"

I've done it with a few series
Sons of Anarchy
Game of thrones
Breaking Bad (probably the best of the lot)
Happy Valley
Vikings (superb)
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Holders

Quote from: Lighthouse on February 27, 2015, 11:57:39 PM

Do they say that in the yank version as well? After the original I won't be watching it but interested to know how similar it is.
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

The Equalizer

Quote from: Holders on March 02, 2015, 08:53:13 AM
Quote from: Lighthouse on February 27, 2015, 11:57:39 PM
After the original I won't be watching it but interested to know how similar it is.

This ^^^^^

The original was brilliant drama, and the follow up series were also superb. I can't bring myself to watch the American version because it could taint the memory of the original.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Harold Shand

I was reticent about watching the new version, but have to say it's excellent.

Holders

There are some things that are just best left alone and never so good when re-worked.

Harold Shand

Quote from: Holders on March 02, 2015, 10:08:52 AM
There are some things that are just best left alone and never so good when re-worked.

But this isn't one of them.

You've not watched it then ?

Lighthouse

It is so different compared to the original that I don't have any trouble divorcing the series from each other. I loved the original.

As for binge watching. I don't often do that. A few episodes at a time is my limit. Like books I prefer to have several on the go at a time.

Holders

I wasn't criticising, LH, just saying that personally I couldn't watch it as I'd be comparing it to the original. Besides, I think things (especially political) are more realistic and harder-hitting when set in the home, as opposed to unfamiliar, context.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Holders on March 02, 2015, 10:16:19 AM
I wasn't criticising, LH, just saying that personally I couldn't watch it as I'd be comparing it to the original. Besides, I think things (especially political) are more realistic and harder-hitting when set in the home, as opposed to unfamiliar, context.

I understood  and appreciate your point. Nowadays because there are so many 're imaginings' of well loved films and series I try not to compare. The new House of Cards could be called 'A bucket of worms' and other than a few names you probably wouldn't connect the old series with this.

Logicalman

Hmm, started on Saturday afternoon, watched the first 4 episodes, will do 2 a night this week and have it done by Friday.

Agreed about Frank, he was better as a whip than potus, but it's all still good fun. Hey, we're visiting DC this year for the first time - I'll keep an eye out for him.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Barry White

four episodes in and so far definitely not as good as the first two seasons, I think it's about to turn around though...