watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Watford Tuesday

Started by Admin, March 01, 2015, 10:47:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Possibly one of the best teams in the Championship going forward, they have Deeny, Vydra and another player called Odion Ighalo who's scored 14 goals for Watford so far. Was injured against Leeds, but back for our game apparently.

Unlike Derby, this game will be a completely different kettle of fish, and one I will be expecting to lose on the night, but if we can get it right, how should we approach this game? 

grandad

Not sure if Parker & LVC will be fit to play. Kit´s love child Rodallega will probably step straight back. Tough task to repeat yesterdays performance.
Where there's a will there's a wife

Admin

Plus, was reading somewhere, that Watford have come from a losing position to win 20 times this season.

St Eve

I certainly would not write off the game. Most wrote off the Derby game!

Admin

Quote from: St Eve on March 01, 2015, 11:22:10 AM
I certainly would not write off the game. Most wrote off the Derby game!

Agreed, but it'll be like us to go and get trashed after a superb win against the League leaders. I'm trying not to be / sound negative here, but it's how our current form is. I'll take a point all day long..

LukeJennings

Maybe he'll start Smith and have a different approach?
Twitter; @lukealele

My YouTube channel - http://m.youtube.com/user/LukeJennings9

Please subscribe!

PaulJ123

Those strikers will definitely score at least 1

Max Headroom

If you ranked all games from hard to easy this would be in the three hardest. Losing is not a disaster but let's at least continue where we left off yesterday.

I do expect points against Bournemouth though

Robbie

Overall, if we get FOUR points from these three games, that will be a major result. I think Watford may be too strong BUT don't forget they went down 2-0 to Leeds and then Leeds defence collapsed !         

MJG

Let's be honest we looked at the five game run including Millwall and would have taken four points if on offer.

Twig

Quote from: Robbie on March 01, 2015, 12:34:52 PM
Overall, if we get FOUR points from these three games, that will be a major result. I think Watford may be too strong BUT don't forget they went down 2-0 to Leeds and then Leeds defence collapsed !         

Well, many people predicted nil points from these three games and I posted on here predicting 2 (and thought I was being a tad optimistic) so any more than three will have exceeded our wildest dreams (well most of us).

Sgt Fulham

If theyve come from behind that many times it means that their defence is penetrable. We need to attack the game from the start but be as disciplined in defence as we were against Derby. Big ask but not out of our reach.

Skatzoffc

Quote from: Admin on March 01, 2015, 10:47:41 AM
Possibly one of the best teams in the Championship going forward, they have Deeny, Vydra and another player called Odion Ighalo who's scored 14 goals for Watford so far. Was injured against Leeds, but back for our game apparently.

Unlike Derby, this game will be a completely different kettle of fish, and one I will be expecting to lose on the night, but if we can get it right, how should we approach this game? 

Agreed. I think it will be the toughest of all.
They are such a great attacking, wing play team, if we play the diamond again we've had it.
I watched the 5 goal drubbng and to be fair it should have been 10-0.

They had 3 astonishingly bad misses BEFORE we went down to 10 men!

How we should approach?

I'd go 5 across the middle with Woody up top alone to chase down their keeper/defenders.
We have to pressure starting from the front.  In fact, right though the team otherwise we will be over-run as before.

Cant see us getting a result, but hey ho, I didn't see the Derby win coming either. 8-)

Think we may have more chance of a result against Bournemouth on Friday tbh. They are in a lul at the moment imo.

COYW!

Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

YoungsBitter

Parker will be rested. LVC probably too so I think we will see Hoogland and Tunnicliffe anchor mid with Fofana or kavanagh behind Ruiz and Mcormack and Cauley up front. Diamonds again but Ross can drop in to make a more crowded mid.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Mince n Tatties

They do concede goals as well, if we get off to a good start again
you never know...

bobbo

Getting excited at the prospect of Watford but they're the best team I seen at the cottage this season.can we cope with ths speedy wingers. I'm london bound from sydney this afternoon get in Tuesday morning and big temptation despite tiredness to get to Watford.All buzzin after Saturday.
1975 just leaving home full of hope

Jimpav

Can see this being a high scoring draw.

filham

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2015, 12:41:40 AM
Quote from: Admin on March 01, 2015, 11:21:07 AM
Plus, was reading somewhere, that Watford have come from a losing position to win 20 times this season.

Blimey. Let's make sure they score first then.  

That usually comes natural to us.