watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hugo

Started by Robbie, March 01, 2015, 12:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robbie

We can't start him now?   Woodrow offered so much more.  As with Berbatov, we don't have the luxury position of being able to support a "poacher" / tap in striker.  I got the impression that McCormack clicked better too.

hovewhite

cauley should stay in the next game he offers a lot more and deserves a run in the team.

snarks

I like Hugo, but think after yesterday, Cauley deserves to start.

Lighthouse

I agree that Woodrow deserves another start. But he runs into areas that close the space down leaving those around him unable to find him with a pass. Rodders does find that space. But we will all come down to earth again after Tuesday and start blaming players. But give them another chance and hopefully Woodrow can continue.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

alfie

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 01, 2015, 02:05:47 PM
I agree that Woodrow deserves another start. But he runs into areas that close the space down leaving those around him unable to find him with a pass. Rodders does find that space. But we will all come down to earth again after Tuesday and start blaming players. But give them another chance and hopefully Woodrow can continue.
Not trying to be rude Mr L,  but sometimes i am confused as to what you want to see out there.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: alfie on March 01, 2015, 02:08:40 PM
Not trying to be rude Mr L,  but sometimes i am confused as to what you want to see out there.

He confuses me as well Alfie... :005:

Lighthouse

Quote from: alfie on March 01, 2015, 02:08:40 PM

Really? Let me explain. I am saying that what Rodders offers to the team is a pass because he finds space. Woodrow sometimes runs into areas that have no space. I am saying that after Tuesday , due to the inconsistency of said players. We will all stop praising the players playing and go back to blaming them and wanting the players not playing to play. But nevertheless, as said players did put in a good performance we should allow them another chance to play.

Now what can be confusing about that?
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

MJG

Only downside to yesterday is the almost hateful response to Hugo.
Woodrow has had a few games from start and apart from Wolves has nut deserved to then start next game. Yesterday he played the way those of us who watched him come through the younger teams know how he can play.
Remember this is the Woodrow who after one game recently many were saying should be loaned as fans at the back of the hammy end were more in danger of his shots.
There is a place for all four of the main strikers,  and all should have been rotated more than they have.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2015, 02:38:16 PM
Woodrow has had a few games from start and apart from Wolves has nut deserved to then start next game. Yesterday he played the way those of us who watched him come through the younger teams know how he can play.
Remember this is the Woodrow who after one game recently many were saying should be loaned as fans at the back of the hammy end were more in danger of his shots.
There is a place for all four of the main strikers,  and all should have been rotated more than they have.

Dont think anyone hates Hugo at all, strong words.
Im more angry with Kit for not dropping him weeks ago when he has constantly
been out of form in that time..
Nobody should be exempt from the boot if they are under performing, and I should
think he would have picked him again if not injured yesterday. .

MJG

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 02:43:40 PM

Nobody should be exempt from the boot if they are under performing, and I should
I was advocating dropping Hugo as far back as Bournemouth away due to him looking turned the previous couple of game.
For whatever reason Kit has kept with him and while I'm a fan of his I would have dropped him way before yesterday's game. So that injury may help all concerned in the long run.
I'm sticking with the word hate,  because that's what a lot of people do feel towards him for some reason.

Robbie

HATEFUL - totally inappropriate. Hugo has not been playing great. OK at Millwall he was robbed by a very poor decision. The general principle is "if ain't working, change it".  Give Cauley a chance for a few matches.

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2015, 02:46:13 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 02:43:40 PM

I was advocating dropping Hugo as far back as Bournemouth away due to him looking turned the previous couple of game.
For whatever reason Kit has kept with him and while I'm a fan of his I would have dropped him way before yesterday's game. So that injury may help all concerned in the long run.
I'm sticking with the word hate,  because that's what a lot of people do feel towards him for some reason.

I dont hate him.
I hate my wife today for only giving me one egg with my Sunday Breakfast.. :005:

St Eve

Woodrow should play every game intsread of Hugo

Skatzoffc

I like what Woody brings to the game tbh.

His engine is great. Working hard chasing down the opposition all the time he is on.

I do agree with some on here tho that he sometimes makes the wrong run. But he is young so I can forgive him getting it wrong sometimes.
COYW!
Siblings, let us not be down on it.
One total catastrophe like this...is just the beginning !

YoungsBitter

I think that to save face all round Hugo's mystery swelling might still be causing him issues on Tuesday so Woodrow gets the start. If he does perform to the same high level again it's easy for Kit to stick with him.
Quark, strangeness and charm

Steven Ageroad

Quote from: Skatzoffc on March 01, 2015, 04:16:46 PM
I like what Woody brings to the game tbh.

His engine is great. Working hard chasing down the opposition all the time he is on.

I do agree with some on here tho that he sometimes makes the wrong run. But he is young so I can forgive him getting it wrong sometimes.
COYW!

And he wins a lot more balls in the air than Hugo.

Also"Hate" is a bit of a strong word why not try try "don't like"!

snarks

Two different types of striker. Cauley has a better work rate outside the box, Hugo is a better finisher. Regardless of that it relies on the midfield giving them a chance by being on the front foot.

epsomraver

Quote from: snarks on March 01, 2015, 05:40:32 PM
Two different types of striker. Cauley has a better work rate outside the box, Hugo is a better finisher. Regardless of that it relies on the midfield giving them a chance by being on the front foot.

Sorry but no way is Hugo a better finisher than Cauley, Cauley deserves a decent run in the team, what happened to play for the shirt Kit?there should be no changes to that team unless injuries

PaulJ123

Quote from: epsomraver on March 01, 2015, 05:48:16 PM
Quote from: snarks on March 01, 2015, 05:40:32 PM

Sorry but no way is Hugo a better finisher than Cauley, Cauley deserves a decent run in the team, what happened to play for the shirt Kit?there should be no changes to that team unless injuries

:plus one:

Rodallegas finishing is woeful at times. Woodrow's has always seemed ok and hes just a better player to bring Mccormack and Ruiz in.
Be a joke if Kit drops him for footballing reasons, hes a young lad whos just scored a goal against top of the league, he'll be raring to go again against  Watford.

filham

Come on who on here seriously thought we would beat Derby, it was the surprise of the season for us therefore it just has to be same again providing everyone is fit.