watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Hugo

Started by Robbie, March 01, 2015, 12:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

westcliff white

Hugo should be on the bench at least for the rest of the season, Cauley, Ross and possibly Dembele in before him
Every day is a Fulham day

Luffy86

I'm not slating Hugo one bit but I can't believe Kit has stuck with him for so long, I would of given Cauley a run of games a few weeks ago....

St Eve

Quote from: filham on March 01, 2015, 06:15:56 PM
Come on who on here seriously thought we would beat Derby, it was the surprise of the season for us therefore it just has to be same again providing everyone is fit.
I did and predicted 2-0

NJFulham

Hugo has to play because of his wages. Also, has been fairly productive.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 02:50:36 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2015, 02:46:13 PM
Quote from: Mince n Tatties on March 01, 2015, 02:43:40 PM
Quote from: MJG on March 01, 2015, 02:38:16 PM
Only downside to yesterday is the almost hateful response to Hugo.
Woodrow has had a few games from start and apart from Wolves has nut deserved to then start next game. Yesterday he played the way those of us who watched him come through the younger teams know how he can play.
Remember this is the Woodrow who after one game recently many were saying should be loaned as fans at the back of the hammy end were more in danger of his shots.
There is a place for all four of the main strikers,  and all should have been rotated more than they have.

Dont think anyone hates Hugo at all, strong words.
Im more angry with Kit for not dropping him weeks ago when he has constantly
been out of form in that time..
Nobody should be exempt from the boot if they are under performing, and I should
think he would have picked him again if not injured yesterday. .
I was advocating dropping Hugo as far back as Bournemouth away due to him looking turned the previous couple of game.
For whatever reason Kit has kept with him and while I'm a fan of his I would have dropped him way before yesterday's game. So that injury may help all concerned in the long run.
I'm sticking with the word hate,  because that's what a lot of people do feel towards him for some reason.

I dont hate him.
I hate my wife today for only giving me one egg with my Sunday Breakfast.. :005:

That's your fault, you should have insisted on 4 as usual.

If my wife doesn't give me at least 3 boiled eggs at the weekend I ma forced to say
"What's the problem here b***h"

That normally gets a frosty reception  :0)

Haven't Hugo and Mc got over 20 goals between them, which isn't bad although I'm not
a Hugo fan.
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

NewYorkYank

To me, Fulham has always played its best when it had a striker up top who could hold up the ball to relieve pressure, and then lay it off on the counter, be it McBride, Zamora, or even Pogrebnyak.  I thought Woodrow not only held the ball up extremely well, but on several occasions turned his man and started the counter himself.  In addition, on occasions where he did not hold up the ball, he was sufficiently disruptive to allow Fulham to get the second ball off Derby.
Rodellaga was playing better earlier in the season when Fulham was attacking at a faster tempo, and he finished the counter more often than he started it.  It seems to me that the team's build up play has become much more deliberate over the past weeks, so that Hugo's strength (i.e., his speed) is off less use, and his weakness (his technical ability) is more apparent.  I agree with some of the comments that this was just one game and that Woodrow has to show some consisitency, but I have wanted to see him start for some time and he deserves another start.

Harold Shand

Suprised to see in the Millwall programme that Hugo is joint second in the division for assists.

westcliff white

Quote from: Robbie on March 01, 2015, 02:48:53 PM
HATEFUL - totally inappropriate. Hugo has not been playing great. OK at Millwall he was robbed by a very poor decision. The general principle is "if ain't working, change it".  Give Cauley a chance for a few matches.
I think playing great is stretching it to be honest, One goal in 12 or 13 games for a "striker" isnt great, in fact it is droppable form.
Every day is a Fulham day

snarks

Quote from: epsomraver on March 01, 2015, 05:48:16 PM
Quote from: snarks on March 01, 2015, 05:40:32 PM
Two different types of striker. Cauley has a better work rate outside the box, Hugo is a better finisher. Regardless of that it relies on the midfield giving them a chance by being on the front foot.

Sorry but no way is Hugo a better finisher than Cauley, Cauley deserves a decent run in the team, what happened to play for the shirt Kit?there should be no changes to that team unless injuries

Matter of opinion. Cauley's shooting is far more erratic IMHO, and it was only a couple of weeks ago views on here were that he needed a lot of shooting practice. I think Hugo is better at that, but his work rate doesn't match Cauleys.

TheManOnTheBus

Quote from: westcliff white on March 02, 2015, 08:17:13 AM
Quote from: Robbie on March 01, 2015, 02:48:53 PM
HATEFUL - totally inappropriate. Hugo has not been playing great. OK at Millwall he was robbed by a very poor decision. The general principle is "if ain't working, change it".  Give Cauley a chance for a few matches.
I think playing great is stretching it to be honest, One goal in 12 or 13 games for a "striker" isnt great, in fact it is droppable form.

Yes, but at a time when the whole team's performance was of droppable form.

I'd still let Cauley start again.  Confidence must be high.  Hugo over Dembele on the bench.

RaySmith

Magath was criticised for  keeping changing the team from week to week - and for leaving Hugo, Ruiz and Amore out completely.

Kit likes to play a settled team, and was initially praised for this, and for including Hugo, who has scored  quite a few  goals for us since his re-inclusion in the side - his last being at Millwall - a marginal offside, and this  goal would have  gained the three points for us.

So, it's understandable why Kit kept including Hugo, given his policy of trying to keep the same side. Hugo has generally been  close to scoring in games, even when we haven't scored, and have thus lost - and with strikers it's all to do with confidence.

However, Cauley played very well in Saturday's victory, and thus deserves to be kept in the team, with Hugo on the bench - but I trust Kit to make these hard decisions based on all his experience in the game.

alfie

Quote from: RaySmith on March 02, 2015, 09:10:04 AM
Magath was criticised for  keeping changing the team from week to week - and for leaving Hugo, Ruiz and Amore out completely.

Kit likes to play a settled team, and was initially praised for this, and for including Hugo, who has scored  quite a few  goals for us since his re-inclusion in the side - his last being at Millwall - a marginal offside, and this  goal would have  gained the three points for us.

So, it's understandable why Kit kept including Hugo, given his policy of trying to keep the same side. Hugo has generally been  close to scoring in games, even when we haven't scored, and have thus lost - and with strikers it's all to do with confidence.

However, Cauley played very well in Saturday's victory, and thus deserves to be kept in the team, with Hugo on the bench - but I trust Kit to make these hard decisions based on all his experience in the game.

I totally agree with what you are saying, but the team has to progress and get better, unfortunately the team KS keeps putting out has not progressed, he has to be big enough to recognise this, after all probably around 90% of Fulham supports have.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

snarks

Alfie, Interesting viewpoint. From where do you put your line in the sand to say the team haven't improved. If you go after 7 games into the season, it has, if you go from 8 games in it has. If you stop 7 games ago, until saturday I'd agree. But saying 7 games has seen a lack of progress is a little harsh All teams have a slump, Bournemouth are having theirs now, a few weeks ago Forest couldn't buy a win.

alfie

Yours is a much more interesting viewpoint than mine, and probably more accurate, I go to each game and just see the same thing happening again and again, substitutes seem to be made by appointment rather than need, no attempt to try a different set up from the one he seems to think is best, although I guess he knows his players.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't