more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham fans lay into Derby County striker Darren Bent on Twitter after defeat

Started by Admin, March 01, 2015, 06:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Fulham fans lay into Derby County striker Darren Bent on Twitter after defeat

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/02/28/fulham-fans-lay-into-derby-county-striker-on-twitter-after-defea/

Derby County slipped up today in their pursuit of the Championship title and promotion to the Premier League as they struggled to get off the ground in a 2-0 defeat against Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Goals from Nikolay Bodurov and Cauley Woodrow proved enough for The Cottagers, who could have had more and were good value for their win.

One man who will want to forget this game sooner than any other Derby player would be Darren Bent.

He spent an unhappy season on loan at Fulham in 2013/14. He scored just six goals in 30 appearances for the club as they were relegated from the Premier League.

Fulham fans are not so keen on Bent and he did not make things any better when scoring against the club whilst on loan at Brighton earlier in the season. He celebrated by cupping his ears to the Fulham fans.

Fulham fans had the last laugh that day, when they came back to win 2-1. They had it again today.

Despite his excellent form for The Rams he was terrible this afternoon and was subbed off in the 64th minute of a display he would not have enjoyed with a hamstring injury.

Especially as the Fulham fans booed him off the pitch.

Mince n Tatties

Dont know why people have to take to sites like Twitter and
abuse people, same on that Facebook or whatever.
Im glad im not on them, as I would be constantly abused by some
from on here... :012:

Fulham1959

The only reference to Twitter is in the headline  -  but there's none in the body of the report.  It's a kind-of non-sequitur.

Lighthouse

Have to be honest and say it is a cheap and cowardly act to attack people through Twitter etc.

However Facebook and the people there have saved my sanity over recent years (many from FOF who I have never actually met) Twitter I am on but not much but have always had good chats.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

Darren Bent was poor last season, but as a striker who relies on people getting the ball to him in the box it's no surprise. Fulham were so poor last season than any striker would have struggled. Lets not forget Hugo was taken off against Sheffiels United when there was no other striker on the bench as he hadn't scored. Management last season was catastrophic and the style of play non existant.

I dislike the barracking of him, and don't think it was deserved. If the story about him being abused by a "Fan" in front of his wife and child are true, then he should get an apology not more criticism.

ffc_beason

It's true, a bloke offered to fight him outside the school where the players park
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

Logicalman

Quote from: Fulham1959 on March 01, 2015, 08:02:21 PM
The only reference to Twitter is in the headline  -  but there's none in the body of the report.  It's a kind-of non-sequitur.

Well, the story wasn't copied in full, here is the lower portion of the report online ...

Hi @DarrenBent nice TWO see you again TWO day.
— Andie (@fulham_girl) February 28, 2015

Only one person has been beaten home and away this season by Fulham. And we all know who that is, don't we @DarrenBent ?
— C.J.H (@CHFULHAM) February 28, 2015

@DarrenBent GREAT RESULT today Darren. Here is a crab holding a Fulham scarf to celebrate pic.twitter.com/CWoDrectyj
— Samson McMuffin (@samsonmcmuffin) February 28, 2015

Is Darren Bent the only person Fulham have beaten home and away in the league this season?
— Thomas McIlroy (@thomasmcilroy) February 28, 2015

Hardly warm reception for returning Darren Bent. Booed whenever his on the ball. #fulham
— Robert T. Błaszczak (@RobertBlaszczak) February 28, 2015

@fulham @DarrenBent #ffc Darren whats the score Darren Darren whats the score
— Karl Kent (@kkent399) February 28, 2015

Fulham win, a clean sheet, cauley hopefully cementing a starting position and to top it off darren bent getting injured. Must be dreaming
— Matt King (@MattKing_FFC) February 28, 2015

Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Baszab

Apart from the fact that he didn't try, didn't train properly, didn't adhere to the health regime (was caught smoking at MP), didn't make any effort to fit in, played rubbish (except for a tap in at ManU) - he was great and we should all have given him a hero's welcome

leonffc

Quote from: Logicalman on March 02, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Well, the story wasn't copied in full, here is the lower portion of the report online ...

Only one person has been beaten home and away this season by Fulham. And we all know who that is, don't we @DarrenBent ?

@DarrenBent GREAT RESULT today Darren. Here is a crab holding a Fulham scarf to celebrate pic.twitter.com/CWoDrectyj

Is Darren Bent the only person Fulham have beaten home and away in the league this season?

Hardly warm reception for returning Darren Bent. Booed whenever his on the ball. #fulham

Fulham win, a clean sheet, cauley hopefully cementing a starting position and to top it off darren bent getting injured. Must be dreaming

Wow, we're a nasty bunch aren't we. I've not seen abuse that bad for years!!

J.Perkins

Quote from: leonffc on March 02, 2015, 05:39:27 PM
Quote from: Logicalman on March 02, 2015, 02:39:59 PM

Wow, we're a nasty bunch aren't we. I've not seen abuse that bad for years!!

Mate, there was much worse, but obviously can't report it.

leonffc

I did wonder but presumed they'd have blanked the swear words out to show how bad it was.

Nick Bateman

Bent was pretty disgraceful however, diving all the time so blatantly, even the pro-Derby ref Mike Jones didn't give him one free kick.  So I have no sympathy for him.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

colcliff

if players do not want to get abused on twitter
then the obvious thing is don't  go on there
I don't contribute to twitter cant see the point of telling everyone about my life
many players hate the notoriety that goes with been a footballer then spend there whole time on face book and twitter telling us all what they are doing all day
don't tell me you played well or had a bit of a bad game I can see that for myself

Burt

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 04, 2015, 03:01:31 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 04, 2015, 07:10:14 AM
Twitter is solely for Twits.

My guess is that you are over the age of 50

If you haven't read Ben Elton's "Blind Faith" then it is worth a read. Basically anyone who doesn't live their life through live-streaming every minute of their life is considered a freak. It is the logical extension (albeit exaggerated, perhaps) of where we are at the moment with social media...