watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Monday Fulham Stuff (02/03/15)...

Started by WhiteJC, March 01, 2015, 07:11:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

Derby County: Fulham boss Kit Symons hails 'big three points' against table-topping Rams

Kit Symons (left)

FULHAM boss Kit Symons was delighted with a "big three points" for his side against Championship leaders Derby County.

The Rams lost 2-0 at Craven Cottage on Saturday as their seven-game unbeaten league run was ended.

Fulham, meanwhile, ended a run of eight games without a win in all competitions to ease their relegation worries.

"It's always nice to get a win, especially against the team at the top of the table, and the manner in which we got it," said Symons.

"It's only three points but it's a big three points given who it was against and how we did it.

"We scored two goals, we could have scored more and we kept a clean sheet, so it's very pleasing."

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Fulham-boss-Kit-Symons-hails-big/story-26101423-detail/story.html?#ixzz3TA9u5aiv
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

WhiteJC

Quick Match Round-Up: Fulham 2-0 Derby County

Watch a quick review of Derby County's 2-0 away defeat at Fulham on dcfc.co.uk.

First half goals from Nikolay Bodurov and Cauley Woodrow condemned Derby to defeat at Craven Cottage.

Read more at http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/quick-match-round-up-fulham-2-0-derby-county-2302498.aspx#XWaGvGdEftcFzwmB.99

WhiteJC

Cauley: We Back Ourselves

Cauley Woodrow says the Whites were always confident about beating Derby and will approach Watford in the same way.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/march/01/woodrow-reaction?

WhiteJC

Former Airdrie kid Jordan Allan is set for the big time with Wolves after two collapsed moves to Fulham and Liverpool

The Wolves youngster regularly visits home in Hamilton

ALLAN became the youngest player to ever play in Scottish football at 14 before moves to Fulham and Liverpool fell through but now he's got his sights set on being in the Wolves first team by 18.

JORDAN ALLAN once played for Liverpool in front of Anfield legend Robbie Fowler.

He also hit two goals for Fulham in a 
London derby against Chelsea – then 
went back to school the next day. Oh, 
and he's still Scottish football's 
youngest-ever player.

He achieved all that at just 14. Throw in a Spurs trial, being wanted by both Old Firm clubs and signing a four-year deal at Wolves and it's fair to say the kid has enjoyed a whirlwind start to 
his career.

And he's still only 16. So how does a 
working-class boy from Burnbank cope with that kind of pressure and media 
exposure at such a tender age? You'd have
forgiven him – or his parents who were inundated with offers from London agents – for going weak at the knees and being swept away by it all. But not Allan. A move from Airdrie to Fulham fell through after the Londoners changed their owner.

Then his switch to Liverpool collapsed when their academy chief was fired.

At that point, certain boys might have buckled.

Worried that their dream was over before it had started, they could easily have allowed it to have a negative impact on their career. But this kid is made of sterner stuff.

And one year, 10 months and three days after he made his debut for Airdrie against Livingston he's still as grounded as he was then.

He's a Scotland Under-17 international who has his sights set on being in the first team at Molineux before his 18th birthday. Allan made history in April 2013 when he came off the bench at 14 to become the youngest player to appear for a senior Scottish club.

And he still remembers it as if it was yesterday. He said: "I had just come in from school and was in a bath listening to music. My phone rang and it was Jimmy Boyle, the manager. He told me to wear a shirt and tie to the game the next day.

"I asked what he was talking about and he told me I was in his squad to play 
Livingston. I couldn't believe it, I still 
struggle to explain the feeling. It was just sheer excitement.

"I was only in third year at Calderside Academy. When I phoned my dad he thought I was taking the p***. He was 
convinced I was having a laugh. Once it had sunk in that I was being serious he just congratulated me.

"That phone call probably changed my life. Trying to get to sleep was torture. I cheekily asked Jimmy if I'd be playing but he wouldn't tell me. If I'm honest, I wasn't sure about going on the next day. I was so nervous.

"I got a few touches and even had a shot on target. I remember getting a couple of elbows off their big defender as well. I wasn't aware how big a deal it was. I didn't have a clue about being Scotland's 
youngest-ever player until I was put in front of the media afterwards.

"Allan Lawrence came in to the interview with me. Nipper answered most of the questions for me because I was so young. But I thought I dealt with it all quite well.

"The next day I was playing with Airdrie's Under-17s against Alloa and I scored six goals. That was a decent weekend! Then it was back to school on Monday."

So what happens next after a moment like that in a 14-year-old's life? For Allan, it was a flurry of media interest and, more importantly, clubs all over the UK 
falling over themselves to sign him.

He said: "I had been down at Fulham and had an agreement I'd sign for them.

"The weekend after I made my debut, Airdrie were due to play Dunfermline and I was in the squad. But instead I had to go 
to London to play for Fulham against 
Chelsea. We lost 4-3 but I scored two.

"Everything was in place to join them but suddenly the club had a change of owner and the deal fell through.

"That was a big blow to me. But before I knew it Liverpool got me down on trial after watching me for Airdrie. I went there, did really well, and they wanted to sign me. But this time, Liverpool's academy 
manager Frank McParland was sacked and everything was up in the air again.

"I had been at the club for a couple 
of months and was all set to sign. I 
remember Robbie Fowler watched me 
in a game against Stoke.

"After Fulham, I had my heart set on going there but it just wasn't to be."

Eventually, despite being courted by Spurs, Allan signed a contract with Wolves after being impressed by their set-up.

He feels at home now in the Midlands, living with a family who work for the club in helping talented young players settle into their new surroundings.

Allan said: "It was a crazy time but I tried not to think about it too much. One thing was happening, then another. It was 
surreal. I had agents and reporters phoning me and my parents ever day, it wasn't particularly easy to deal with.

"But I handled it quite well for 
someone so young. There was a lot of hype about me. And I was only 14.

"I'm quite mature for my age and old beyond my years. And if anything like that happens again in my career I'll know how to deal with it because I've been through it.

"I've wanted to be a 
footballer for as long as I can remember. I remember kicking a ball when I was 18 months old.

"Rangers and Celtic were after me but my heart was set on playing in England. I've always felt my best chance of becoming the best player I could be was in England. And I've felt welcome at Wolves from the minute I walked in the door. It's a family club and that appealed to me from the start.

"I feel looked after. There's little separation of the first team from the academy players, which I like. The first-team boys, like Kevin McDonald, will say, 'Awright wee man' when they see me.

"When the Fulham and 
Liverpool moves fell through I did worry it wasn't for me and I might not make it. But it just made me more determined to be successful.

"My goal is to make it into the first team in the next couple of years."

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/former-airdrie-kid-jordan-allan-5252534?

WhiteJC

Symons hails Fulham performance

Fulham boss Kit Symons has praised his side following Saturday's battling 2-0 victory over promotion chasing Derby.

Goals from Nikolay Bodurov and Cauley Woodrow saw the Cottagers end a recent run of eight games without a win and they now sit 19th in the table, eight points clear of 22nd place Millwall. Symons admits he was pleased with his side's performance against the league leaders, especially the way in which they outplayed Steve McClaren's men for long periods of the game. "It's always nice to get a win, especially against the team at the top of the table, and the manner in which we got it," he told BBC Sport. "It's only three points but it's a big three points given who it was against and how we did it. "We scored two goals, we could have scored more and we kept a clean sheet, so it's very pleasing."

Read more at: https://www.clubcall.com/championship/symons-hails-fulham-performance-1760759.html?

WhiteJC

Derby County: Rams are given another reminder by Fulham that the leaders are there to be shot at

NOTTINGHAM Forest, in the second half, Rotherham United and Sheffield Wednesday all provided a reminder to Derby County that as leaders they are there to be shot down.

Fulham can now be added to the list of teams to have ruffled Derby's feathers in the past six weeks.

The Rams still top the Championship following another round of twists and turns.

They remain the team to catch with a dozen matches to play in the promotion race but being floored by Fulham highlights how they can be punished if not on their game.

Read more: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/Derby-County-Rams-given-reminder-Fulham-leaders/story-26102642-detail/story.html?#ixzz3TCRMy13K
Follow us: @DerbyTelegraph on Twitter | derbytelegraph on Facebook

WhiteJC

Slav Calls On Fans

Slavisa Jokanovic has called for Hornets fans' full support on Tuesday, as they host Fulham at Vicarage Road on the back of a 3-2 comeback victory away to Leeds United.

"The supporters must believe all the time - especially because I am saying to my players that they must believe in themselves more and more," the Serb said to the club's official site.

He added, "I cannot keep asking for more from my players if I am not allowed to ask for more from the Watford supporters. I hope everyone can see the situation is very positive and I want it to be even better, all the time.'

Watford are now sitting in fourth position in the league, four points pushed into the play-offs, with three points off top spot and two off second, thanks to Derby, Bournemouth and Boro dropping points.

Fulham are coming into this game also on the back of a victory, with them the ones on their home soil to defeat the Rams.

"It is an important moment; the biggest thing right now is to get three points against Fulham on Tuesday so the more help we can get to do this the better it will be for everybody," the Hornets boss stressed, going on to say "I got a feeling around the stadium of too much expectation during the Norwich game at our home - and it didn't help anyone deal with some difficult situations. Everything was quiet, just when we needed it to be alive.

"It is not anyone`s problem, anyone`s fault. Everyone is wanting great things for the team. We are all trying to achieve something special.

'None of us must wait to see what happens. We must make it happen for ourselves - this is a champion's mentality and everyone can do what they can, on or off the pitch.

"I want to say now that we should believe together because it will help take away the expectation and we can have the mentality together to face the challenge, the fight and the suffering."

http://www.watford.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=390730