more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

We are fickle...OR Aren't we

Started by rogerpbackinMidEastUS, March 02, 2015, 03:02:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Kit - at the moment he's the dogs bo***x after saturday
       I, for one was dying for HIM to show some cohones with the players, which he did

Betts:   Lots said "Loan him out" after a couple of iffy mistakes

Grimmer  "Best we've got"
Richards   "Better than Grimmer", "Send him back to sheep country"   "he's better that Finnan" (I made that last one up)
Bods        Not a lot of mixed opinions here
Stafy Duck   "Immature" "Useless and quick tempered"  "Gives the winger too much space"   "Great player"   "Much better when Kav supported him"

Parker     "Well past his sell by date"   "Far to slow" "Not commanding enough"   "MOTM"
Tunnicliffe     One minute he's on the Home Page delighted with his name being sung...next......"he's useless"  "Weak link"

LVC            Mostly positive
Ruiz            ......................... say no more
Hynman       Superb start to the season "accomplished on the ball"     Hardly been mentioned since.
Riise             I forgot, he's gone

Hoogland        "Useless, gets caught upfield a lot"  "Constantly beaten by wingers"    "He's found his best position, beside Parker"  (my opinion)

Kavanagh         Mostly positive (for me, the 'youth team' find of the season)
Hugo              "Enthusiastic"  "All over the park"   "Useless first touch"   "couldn't hit a barn door' (that's not his criteria)
Woodrow          "Great enthusiasm"   "Runs into space"  "Runs down blind alleys"  "bring back Hugo. when he's fit"  "Knows where Row Z is"

McCormack         Not a lot of negatives, mostly berating his over enthusiasm for being all over the pitch. "He should stay up front, poaching (like Bent)          
Dembele            "Not ready yet"    "A great cameo"
Kaka                  The jury is out

Enough of my waffling..

Are we fickle or just have differing opinions ?
VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Peabody

Roger, Roger, Roger, you haven't learnt , have you
You are never going to make this lot happy, whatever you do. I appreciate you try to say things with humour but quite a few on here do not possess a sense of humour and they much prefer to wallow in thier misery.

VicHalomsLovechild

We only get to see 90minutes a fortnight. So our feeling, thoughts and frustrations are based on this. Kit sticking by the same players and formation will draw criticism given the results and if you've moaned at that you can hardly go full circle and say how brilliant things are without having a little moan.

snarks

Whilst to an extent I agree, the thing is players performances vary week to week. The only one that really amazes me, and about whom I really can't make up my mind is Cauley. His performance on Saturday was great in terms of all around effort, capped by a good finish from a great burst by parker and good chip by Ross.

However, he didn't get the chance to shoot, which would have left Zamora fans in row Z feeling safe for another week. The rest have been up and down this season without doubt, as a consequence some people's views will change week to week. If you can't let of steam here about a woeful performance/player then where can you.

Peabody

Quote from: snarks on March 02, 2015, 08:40:30 AM
Whilst to an extent I agree, the thing is players performances vary week to week. The only one that really amazes me, and about whom I really can't make up my mind is Cauley. His performance on Saturday was great in terms of all around effort, capped by a good finish from a great burst by parker and good chip by Ross.

However, he didn't get the chance to shoot, which would have left Zamora fans in row Z feeling safe for another week. The rest have been up and down this season without doubt, as a consequence some people's views will change week to week. If you can't let of steam here about a woeful performance/player then where can you.

Very true but far too often, that letting off steam is expressed as fact and ignores the fact that what is said is opinion.

snarks

Quote from: Peabody on March 02, 2015, 09:23:51 AM
Quote from: snarks on March 02, 2015, 08:40:30 AM

Very true but far too often, that letting off steam is expressed as fact and ignores the fact that what is said is opinion.

Ahh but it's a fact that my opinion is better than anyone else

alfie

The thing is everybody has an opinion on opinions, my opinion is better than your opinion, your opinion would be great if only you would listen to my opinion. Everyone sees things in different ways Someone says A.N.Other was MOTM someone else says immediately after that A.N.Other was useless and should not even be in the squad.

Oh our lovely word   OPINION
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Lighthouse

If you look how easily people are at being manipulated. Politicians make a good comment and suddenly the party they represent are wonderful. Next day they eat a small child and they are scum. Not because they ate a child but they dribbled while they were doing it.

Best dress lists are usually repeated in worst dress lists and so on and so.

People and fans especially want to make instant judgements. If we lose it has to be someone's fault. If we win we are wonderful. If we are inconsistent then our minds have trouble coping.

Human Beings are fickle. Nowadays we all have an opinion. We all need our opinion to be the one we all agree on. When I kept on saying I don't blame Symons for our poor run and don't think he should be sacked. But said that IF it was his fault we didn't sign anybody in January then he IS to blame. Some fans couldn't understand it. We seem to need to be loyal to an opinion even if facts change.

We are human and fickle and have opinions. Just the same as everybody else.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Peabody on March 02, 2015, 07:50:08 AM
You are never going to make this lot happy, whatever you do. I appreciate you try to say things with humour but quite a few on here do not possess a sense of humour and they much prefer to wallow in thier misery.

I'm not sure if I agree with you or not.
If we had got thumped on Saturday I probably wouldn't, but for now I think I do.
I'll see how I feel later today or at 10pm tomorrow evening and give a provisional opinion then,
which I might change on Wednesday morning or afternoon, I haven't made my mind up yet
and am not sure when I will.

Some days I'm fickle other days I'm not.

Sorry what was your point  :0)

Nick Bateman

Richards was far better than Jack "I'll go to the foot of me stairs" Grimmer and looks a first-teamer.  Only Tunnicliffe still looked a tad of a  'weak link' but he tried and threw his body in the way of a shot such was his commitment.

It appears also the absence of Rod Laver (Hugo) changed our style for the better.  But it may have been more than that and I for one am giving the majority of the credit to Symons.  Time will tell if this is the turning point.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

love4ffc

Quote from: Peabody on March 02, 2015, 07:50:08 AM

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Roger is a funny man
and so are you....

I really love the players....no I really hate the players....no I think I love them....wait how did they do on their last performance? 
Anyone can blend into the crowd.  How will you standout when it counts?

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2015, 04:31:46 PM
The word Opinion, as defined in the Oxford English Collins Dictionaries is,  "A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge".

I thought it came from black papaver poppies grown in Afghanistan (Taliban brand) and scythed down by locals with lisps using fykles and shipped to the UK via a convoy of drones bypassing the air space above Dover and with new moons painted on the wings,
Then smoked in pipes in 'Opinion Dens"  like the one in Millwall which is run by Edwin Drood.

Obviously I think I'm wrong, but might not think so by the time I finish this.
If I change my mind after I've hit send I might come back and amend it, if I decide to.

Parker was excellent

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 02, 2015, 04:49:19 PM
The word Opinion, as defined in the Oxford English Collins Dictionaries is,  "A view or judgement formed about something, not necessarily based on fact or knowledge".

I thought it came from black papaver poppies grown in Afghanistan (Taliban brand) and scythed down by locals with lisps using fykles and shipped to the UK via a convoy of drones bypassing the air space above Dover and with new moons painted on the wings,
Then smoked in pipes in 'Opinion Dens"  like the one in Millwall which is run by Edwin Drood.

If I change my mind after I've hit send I might come back and amend it, if I decide to.

Parker was excellent

Ha ha, and there's me thinking it was a range of ladies perfumes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2015, 06:36:01 PM

Parker was excellent

Are you telling me you are opining that it was a perfume   :0)  (Probably grammatically incorrect)

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on March 02, 2015, 07:07:11 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 02, 2015, 06:36:01 PM

Parker was excellent

Are you telling me you are opining that it was a perfume   :0)  (Probably grammatically incorrect)

I think I will go and have a lay down.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.