more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

tonight's pre-season match

Started by HatterDon, July 14, 2010, 05:50:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HatterDon

Guys,

Any Internet links that would provide running commentary [or at least starting lineups/reserves] for this match? Would one of the London-based radio stations have at least intermittent coverage?

The official web site acknowledges that it is on the schedule, but PROVIDES NO INFORMATION.

Can y'all tell I need a Fulham Fix bad?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Hazey

At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Fernhurst

EDDIE JOHNSON!!!!! just scored the 4th ... he sticks like sh** to a blanket.... I thought we had managed to lose him.

Stoor and Johnson will be suffering from de sha vue at the weekend with a game at Bournemouth same as last year..... I thought they both would've gone by now......

didn't hear the first half was Brede on the pitch????? 

mccscratch

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 14, 2010, 09:19:19 PM
EDDIE JOHNSON!!!!! just scored the 4th ... he sticks like sh** to a blanket.... I thought we had managed to lose him.

Stoor and Johnson will be suffering from de sha vue at the weekend with a game at Bournemouth same as last year..... I thought they both would've gone by now......

didn't hear the first half was Brede on the pitch????? 

So bad that he scored 5 goals in 16 apps for Aris including 2 against Olympiakos (regular CL qualifier) on their run to the Europa League.... Aris also wanted to buy him this summer but we have asked too much...obviously Fulham have not given up on him since they would not sell him for 1.5 million that Aris was willing to pay...

Just remember that we are very very thin up top at the moment and with no manager the time to get a quality striker paired with Bobby may be tough...don't start pissing on guys yet, we may need them...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Fernhurst

Ok Scratchie point noted - we need another forward or two...... however opinion seems pretty universal   Eddie is NOT Premiership quality.

The Greek league might suit

mccscratch

Quote from: Fernhurst on July 14, 2010, 09:40:59 PM
Ok Scratchie point noted - we need another forward or two...... however opinion seems pretty universal   Eddie is NOT Premiership quality.

The Greek league might suit

Well I certainly wish we would have accepted Aris' offer as they have now gone and bought Carlos Ruiz instead of Eddie for the money they had allotted to by him with... If we are not going to use him he is just a wasted 15k a week on our books.
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

Brede Butter Pudding

To be fair, neither Stoor nor Eddie put a foot wrong this evening. Stoor ran their wingers ragged, his defending was sound and he showed great attacking prowess, I was genuinely impressed with him. Also, I accept that we were playing league 1 opponents but even so, it was the first match he's played in a while and Eddie really played well. He showed his pace for the first time in ages, showed great control, his finish was neat, he set up the first and played a role in the 5th, and he had two other good efforts well saved. I'd definitely like to see a bit more of him, particularly against tiring defences.

HatterDon

Quote from: Brede Butter Pudding on July 14, 2010, 11:29:29 PM
To be fair, neither Stoor nor Eddie put a foot wrong this evening. Stoor ran their wingers ragged, his defending was sound and he showed great attacking prowess, I was genuinely impressed with him. Also, I accept that we were playing league 1 opponents but even so, it was the first match he's played in a while and Eddie really played well. He showed his pace for the first time in ages, showed great control, his finish was neat, he set up the first and played a role in the 5th, and he had two other good efforts well saved. I'd definitely like to see a bit more of him, particularly against tiring defences.

Thanks for the review Mr. Pudding. I'm one of those who hope that AJ and EJ can give us two quality forwards for the first-team squad with no transfer fee required, but there's about 5% of us who think AJ is worth the bother and 0.5% of us who believe that EJ is worth a shout. The guy had two late 2nd half substitutions in league matches last season. I don't think he's had a chance to prove anything, but that's just me.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

Lighthouse

Fulham: Stockdale (Etheridge 77); Stoor (Marquez 86), Hangeland (Hughes 45), Kelly, Konchesky (Smith 45); Duff (Davies 45), Greening (Harris 77), Baird (Marsh-Brown 63), Riise (Saunders 63); E. Johnson (Trotta 79), Elm (Gera 45).

Great to have football back. A great workout.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope