News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Griffin Park Grapevine - They Are Loving It!

Started by White Noise, July 14, 2010, 09:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fernhurst

Bloody hilarious .... thanks WN  :clap_hands:

LBNo11

Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

The Equalizer

Classic:

Bee#1: Anyone know what the crowd is?
Bee#2: Depressed probably.
:54:
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

big opinion of themselves these muppet's haven't they? anybody told them that League 1 isn't that impressive? They are supposedly singing about Diego Forlans goal in the Europa league,can any of those inbred pikey trigger wanna be's even spell Europa????

os5889

Poor ba-bees, hope they can move forwards this season instead of plummet back to the basement league

RidgeRider

Thanks for the link WN! Some pretty funny posts. To be honest I had no idea Brentford was actually not so far away from Fulham until I Googled it. They're practically next door neighbors. Now the posts make even more sense.

Signed,

Clueless in California,  :032:

CorkedHat

Quote from: RidgeRider on July 14, 2010, 11:13:36 PM
Thanks for the link WN! Some pretty funny posts. To be honest I had no idea Brentford was actually not so far away from Fulham until I Googled it. They're practically next door neighbors. Now the posts make even more sense.

Signed,

These days, Mr R, next door to me means getting a packed lunch, a compass and a couple of Sherpas to guide me, but growing up in London I only had a faint idea where Brentford was. I didn't think it was practically next door. That other team in SW6 is next door, QPR wasn't that far away and neither was Wimbledon in the other direction but as far as I knew Brentford was somewhere down the Great West Road near the airport - but exactly where I didn't know - and do you know what? After seventy years I still don't wish to know. :038:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

RidgeRider

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 15, 2010, 12:48:49 AM
Quote from: RidgeRider on July 14, 2010, 11:13:36 PM

Signed,

These days, Mr R, next door to me means getting a packed lunch, a compass and a couple of Sherpas to guide me, but growing up in London I only had a faint idea where Brentford was. I didn't think it was practically next door. That other team in SW6 is next door, QPR wasn't that far away and neither was Wimbledon in the other direction but as far as I knew Brentford was somewhere down the Great West Road near the airport - but exactly where I didn't know - and do you know what? After seventy years I still don't wish to know. :038:

It never ceases to amaze me what Londoners most likely think is all very normal, which is there appears to be as many football teams in London as there are liquor stores in San Francisco.  :dft012:

Lighthouse

And because of the underground they were all very easy to get to. Fulham,Scum,Wimbledon (Plough lane) all within a few stations. QPR an easy change, Arsenal at Highbury was easy,Spuds a bit more of a hike but easy enough. Palace a main line little trip etc etc. No wonder Fulham struggled to survive.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

tjl

As a youngster i liked a trip to the bees it was never any trouble getting in they were glad to see you, also plough lane was a nice walk from home, through the park a nice pint at the pub by the railway bridge then over the bridge and 500 yards to the ground.
In retrospect  we were spoiled for choice living in that part of London.

Jimpav

Have you been to Plough Lane recently TJL? my brother in law lives across the road and pointed it out to me when I went to visit. It's all flats now but there is a weird sculpture/shrine commemorating their FA cup final win. Lots of bumps and notches that are supposed to symbolise key events. Sanchez is still held in high regard in that part of town it seems.

Peabody

Yes, it true that London has a fair share of professional football clubs. However, our part of London, west and south west, has a very high level.  There is of course us and Chelsea, QPR and Brentford, also on the fringes of the catchment area, are teams like AFC Wimbledon, Carshalton Athletic, Sutton Utd, Kingstonian and Tooting and Mitcham. I honestly beleive that within a very short time AFC Wimbledon will be entering the Football League, thus adding to the number of clubs in West and South West London. 

TheDaddy

Quote from: Jimpav on July 15, 2010, 12:01:34 PM
Have you been to Plough Lane recently TJL? my brother in law lives across the road and pointed it out to me when I went to visit. It's all flats now but there is a weird sculpture/shrine commemorating their FA cup final win. Lots of bumps and notches that are supposed to symbolise key events. Sanchez is still held in high regard in that part of town it seems.

Here you go .
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Vinnieffc

Is the bloke in front of the camera the leader of the BNP ?

RidgeRider

Quote from: Peabody on July 15, 2010, 12:17:44 PM
Yes, it true that London has a fair share of professional football clubs. However, our part of London, west and south west, has a very high level.  There is of course us and the dark side, QPR and Brentford, also on the fringes of the catchment area, are teams like AFC Wimbledon, Carshalton Athletic, Sutton Utd, Kingstonian and Tooting and Mitcham. I honestly beleive that within a very short time AFC Wimbledon will be entering the Football League, thus adding to the number of clubs in West and South West London. 

Thanks for that Mr. Peabody...there are a few more local clubs I don't think I had heard of yet.

I think as a child, or adult, growing up in London it would be like being 'a kid in the candy store' with that many clubs to choose from, and my guess would be to see a match live would have been just a stroll down the street or a very short subway ride. How wonderful that must be.

ron

[/quote]
[/quote]

The monument looks like a page torn from Sanchez's autobiography "My Triumphs in Football Management"....written in fluent Pikey.

EdenRob

I think as a child, or adult, growing up in London it would be like being 'a kid in the candy store' with that many clubs to choose from, and my guess would be to see a match live would have been just a stroll down the street or a very short subway ride. How wonderful that must be.
[/quote]

You're right RidgeRider, I lived in Wimbledon when I was a kid a walked to Plough Lane to see the likes of Bishop Stortford and Enfield get thrashed by, what was then a very good Dons team. A couple of stops on District Line would take me to Putney Bridge for Fulham, or with a friend another station along the line to Fulham Broadway for the blue team. I suppose we all take for granted what is right on our doorstep without further thought. Despite living in Wimbledon again after I left the first time I still didn't get to go to the tennis until my then wife dragged along many years later!