Main Menu

Murf & Bobby To Feature At The Weekend

Started by White Noise, July 15, 2010, 11:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Fantastic Condition

Thursday 15th July 2010

Fulham FC News

Fulham's pre-season got underway with five goals at Griffin Park on Wednesday night and Ray Lewington was evidently delighted with the Team's performance after just one week's training.

"It was the way we played rather than the result that pleased me," said Lewington on Wednesday night. "We played some good football and the lads looked really, really fit.

"They've come back in fantastic condition. There's still plenty of work to be done in terms of fitness but for our first game I thought it was excellent and we carried on from where we left off last year.

"I thought they all played well and collectively it was a good team performance. That's what we're about – we try not to single out individuals and keep a team ethic and that came through against Brentford."

The Team is certainly sticking together following Roy Hodgson's departure and Lewington was keen to stress that the Fulham squad is determined to kick-on and enjoy further success over the coming years under a new manager.

"Everyone will say good luck to Roy," said Lewington. "He did fantastically well for us but we're here and we're going to carry on and hopefully improve on last year.

"We're not going to sit and sulk. We're going to get on with it and we've got a fantastic bunch of players. We've got to remember managers and coaches don't win games – the players do.

"They a tight group of players and it's all about the players. The manager can push and prod but at the end of the day it's the players that go out and play and their achievement last year was fantastic. They're here and they'll keep the same Team spirit. They're all geared up for the new season and want to do as well as last season. I thought they were really professional against Brentford."

Fulham travel to Bournemouth this weekend| for their second pre-season match ahead of the 2010/11 campaign and the Club's travelling army of supporters can look forward to seeing Danny Murphy and Bobby Zamora in action on Saturday.

"Danny has stiffness and he'll train on Thursday but we said why risk him on Wednesday night when we can get him training on Thursday and we know he'll be alright for Saturday's game against Bournemouth.

"It's the same with Bobby and he'll almost certainly play 45 minutes on Saturday. Bobby's been looking good but we want to manage him so we don't rush him back and undo all the good work the boys have done with him during the off-season. Both players will feature against Bournemouth on Saturday|."

Read more: http://www.fulhamfc.com/Club/News/NewsArticles/2010/July/RayBrentfordReaction.aspx#ixzz0tkDCMlP8