News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Does anyone know what Sanchez actually do for a living these days?

Started by finnster01, July 15, 2010, 12:15:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

finnster01

He must be doing something surely, but what?

Anyone in the know?
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

The Equalizer

I saw him standing outside Putney station with a copy of the Big Issue the other day. And he still cocked that up.
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

Lighthouse

Well he had a good job, left it to come to Fulham and failed. No idea why he is not back in management. There must be clubs in the Championship etc who would love his style of play. I never had any great dislike for the bloke. He was unlucky and ironically the tide turned when Swart cheated and pulled the ball back from behind the line when he played for Boro and denied us a dramatic late equaliser.

Maybe he is aiming to high. Fulham can spoil people like that.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

blingo

The knut should fek off and die. He nearly destroyed us. Worst manager in our HISTORY. If I had my way he would never work in football again. Cant feking stand him, fekkin w@nka.

TheDaddy

"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

mccscratch

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2010, 12:50:54 PM
Well he had a good job, left it to come to Fulham and failed. No idea why he is not back in management. There must be clubs in the Championship etc who would love his style of play. I never had any great dislike for the bloke. He was unlucky and ironically the tide turned when Swart cheated and pulled the ball back from behind the line when he played for Boro and denied us a dramatic late equaliser.

I never had issues with him until he left Fulham and accepted none of the blame and went on to say how Roy was never going to be able to do the job...should have swallowed his pride and said it just did not work out...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

TonyGilroy

It's as if he's been blacklisted. The fallout from his leaving the club seems to have stopped any other club taking a punt on him.

His record with us actually wasn't dreadful. He inherited a poor team that just escaped relegation. His signings were mixed but let's not forget that he signed Hughes, Konchesky, Murphy, Baird, Keller and Kamara. Initially he had no luck at all but his failings were not to replace Brown, Knight and Diop adequately leaving us short of muscle and then playing a style utterly unsuited to the players he did have.

Given his undoubted success at Northern Ireland though you'd think a League 1 or 2 club would think he's worth employing. It seems though that the word is out.

I actually don't know why he's a hate figure amongst supporters. To me he's just a guy that wasn't quite good enough at our level and was too proud to admit it.

Teabag

HatterDon

Quote from: mccscratch on July 15, 2010, 01:12:40 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on July 15, 2010, 12:50:54 PM

I never had issues with him until he left Fulham and accepted none of the blame and went on to say how Roy was never going to be able to do the job...should have swallowed his pride and said it just did not work out...

This is the key. If you trash the organization that gave you a chance and then let you go, you can't expect for other organizations to beat down your door. Had he wished MAF and Roy good luck, and acknowledged that things didn't go as he'd hoped, he'd be working now. Instead, he blamed the players for getting him fired, claimed credit for Fulham's Great Escape, and then said Roy wasn't up to managing in the Prem.

Lawrie, that silence you hear is your phone NOT ringing.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

blingo

So we should forget that the tw@t would have got us relegated?  He made a complete hash of it at FFC, and only got the job because Liverpool screwed up and not because he knew what he was doing. He had a couple of lucky wins in his managerial career but the rest of his managerial career is less the impressive to say the least. If anyone made a mistake it was MAF's advisors who wrongly informed MAF that the clown was a real manager. Take a proper look at his record with us Tony....it's rubbish.
Why won't any other club take a chance with him? Because they don't want to end up ruined that's why. MAF gave him a £25million kitty and he may have bought a couple of decent players, but they would NEVER have done anything with him in charge would they? Example? Chris Baird. Funny how ALL of the players came out and said that his style of management was rubbish isn't it?

Perhaps that is why a lot of our supporters do not like him. He was an arrogant self centred prat, who's ego walked through the door two minutes before he did.

Remember the day he was screaming at the crowd to cheer the team on, when we were all sick of watching the lacklustred performances created by his lack of tactics? Who the hell did he think he was?

He wanted to be bigger than FFC and all he proved himself to be was totally inadequate and completely useless in premiership management.

You've started something here Finny. :028:

TonyGilroy

Quote from: blingo on July 15, 2010, 02:07:35 PM
So we should forget that the tw@t would have got us relegated?  He made a complete hash of it at FFC, and only got the job because Liverpool screwed up and not because he knew what he was doing. He had a couple of lucky wins in his managerial career but the rest of his managerial career is less the impressive to say the least. If anyone made a mistake it was MAF's advisors who wrongly informed MAF that the clown was a real manager. Take a proper look at his record with us Tony....it's rubbish.
Why won't any other club take a chance with him? Because they don't want to end up ruined that's why. MAF gave him a £25million kitty and he may have bought a couple of decent players, but they would NEVER have done anything with him in charge would they? Example? Chris Baird. Funny how ALL of the players came out and said that his style of management was rubbish isn't it?

Perhaps that is why a lot of our supporters do not like him. He was an arrogant self centred prat, who's ego walked through the door two minutes before he did.

Remember the day he was screaming at the crowd to cheer the team on, when we were all sick of watching the lacklustred performances created by his lack of tactics? Who the hell did he think he was?

He wanted to be bigger than FFC and all he proved himself to be was totally inadequate and completely useless in premiership management.

You've started something here Finny. :028:

So what are you saying?

6/10 for LS

10/10 for your rant, by the way. Top quality.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he is a pundit on radio 5 live and Radio Berkshire, he does "stuff around Reading were they still think highly of him,his brother used to have a "bar" in Reading but thats been sold on now-he also guests on Radio 5 Live's "Fighting talk" as the host Colin Murray is a massive Northern Ireland fan and has a soft spot for him-I have met the guy and he plays "the big I am" all the time,massive ego,massive muppet :doh:

Logicalman

Well, here's LS's professional Bio online, for perspective employers:::

Lawrie  Sanchez
Football Manager

Location Reading, United Kingdom

Summary

Experienced and successful Football Manger with full technical qualifications and high level of academic qualifications.
Open to all managerial opportunities in sports or sports related industries.

Lawrie Sanchez's Specialties:

contract negotiations,formulating and carrying out organisational strategies, dealing with all forms of media, motivational ablities.

so, whose gonna call him first?

Vinnieffc

Apparantly he applied for the (then) vacant Poland job, stating on his covering letter that he was confident he would get them into the 2012 Euro Finals. Since Poland are joint-hosting it I believe his CV went straight to the shredder.. twit..

mrska

Sat behind him on a flight to Orlando..  the flight passed without incident...

(is this the sites most pointless post ever??)

finnster01

Quote from: mrska on July 16, 2010, 10:22:18 AM

(is this the sites most pointless post ever??)
Not so sure about that Mr Ska.
I think it is important that the general public knows what this twit is up to so we all (and our children/relatives) can make sure we unknowingly do not end up crossing paths with the tosser. 

If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

Logicalman

Quote from: mrska on July 16, 2010, 10:22:18 AM

would you expect ANYTHING to happen with LS? I mean, you have to have personality and skill to make things happen, two things he has sadly failed to exhibit at Fulham.

Anyways, what were you doing in 1st Class then? Hob-nobbing, no doubt  :59:  :005:

HatterDon

Quote from: Vinnieffc on July 16, 2010, 10:14:30 AM
Apparantly he applied for the (then) vacant Poland job, stating on his covering letter that he was confident he would get them into the 2012 Euro Finals. Since Poland are joint-hosting it I believe his CV went straight to the shredder.. twit..

Wow, he really IS Irish.
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

timmyg

Quote from: Vinnieffc on July 16, 2010, 10:14:30 AM

Woah now, let's cut Lawrie some slack.

This assumes that the Polish FA has a) a fax machine b) the internet or wiring ability to post a job opening c) a committee to then vet the candidates and d) a paper shredder.

We do know however that they are constantly drunk, as former coach Leo Beenhakker once said:

Quote"[Grzegorz Lato, president of the Polish FA] came up to me a couple of hours later and he had clearly had too much alcohol."
"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick