more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

"Curbishley can help Fulham"

Started by FPT, March 19, 2015, 01:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FPT

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/31964551

Fulham manager Kit Symons says the addition of Alan Curbishley to his backroom staff will benefit the club in their Championship relegation battle.

Former Charlton boss Curbishley, 57, rejoined the Whites earlier this month.

"Curbs has come in to bring his wealth of experience," Symons told BBC Radio 5 live after Wednesday's defeat by Leeds. "He will be a sounding board to help me and the staff in every way he can. He hasn't got a magic wand but I will be tapping into him at every opportunity."

Curbishley spent 15 years as Charlton Athletic manager between 1991 and 2006, establishing the club in the Premier League, and subsequently had a two-year spell in charge of West Ham until he resigned in September 2008.

He had a brief stint as Fulham's technical director last season, but left Craven Cottage in February 2014 - less than two months after his appointment - when Felix Magath became manager.

Curbishley, who is in an advisory capacity until the end of the season, was on the Fulham bench as the west London club lost 3-0 at home to Leeds on Wednesday.

The defeat left the Whites 21st in the table, six points above the relegation zone with eight games of the season remaining.
Having won just one of their last 11 league fixtures, Symons says he is "very concerned" about their position, but remains confident of guiding the club to safety.

"I am aware of exactly what we need to do to get out of it," he told BBC London 94.9.

"It is not good where we are and I am under no illusions. But when I took over after one point from the first seven games, I knew it wasn't going to be easy.

"At that stage things were looking very, very bleak.

"We managed to galvanise things and rally the troops to an extent and pick us up a little bit, but results have tailed off and we need to get a few wins and pretty sharpish."

Lighthouse

I love these bits of nonsense. Aimed at the befuddled and bewildered. Half expect the comment to be 'we need to score more and let in less'.

Still it is easy really. We need to stop the opposition crossing and scoring. Then we will be fine. Hope Curbs with all his experience can pass that on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Artful Dodger

Since Curbs arrived....played 3, lost 2, drawn 1.....not seem much improvement yet???
Faber est suae quisque fortunae

Roberty

He's not made it into the squad yet - maybe he's not match fit?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

SouthIslandWhite

Curbs did such a great job at The Valley years ago.  Surely he can help Fulham.  You don't suddenly lose that knowledge.  Curbs can be key.  Like him lots!
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

Wearethewhites

We've just gone 5 unbeaten, it's not been fantastic mind, but something's obviously changed, and Curbishley would have had something to do with it.

Some fans are just impatient, it takes time to sort out a mess, not 2 games.

SouthIslandWhite

Curbs is so experienced he just needs some actual authority at the club to affect change.

hovewhite

IF KIT IS STAYING ALAN NEEDS A BIGGER INPUT.

fulhamfan

Curbs is always in middle east being a pundit. he was the other day

epsomraver

Quote from: fulhamross on April 27, 2015, 04:38:54 PM

That's funny he was on the football league  show Saturday night, does he go into a phone box and come out with his underpants on the outside and soar away? :005:

Berserker

Probably a booth like Embarrassing  Bodies but without the body bit
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

westcliff white

I actually thought they sat in a studio in London
Every day is a Fulham day

SouthIslandWhite

Quote from: epsomraver on April 27, 2015, 05:37:08 PM

That's funny he was on the football league  show Saturday night, does he go into a phone box and come out with his underpants on the outside and soar away? :005: