watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

JOL and KEANE to Fulham ?

Started by tingtawng, July 16, 2010, 09:37:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tingtawng

Football transfer rumours: Martin Jol and Robbie Keane to Fulham?

Today's grapevine is bitter

* Paul Doyle
    * guardian.co.uk, Friday 16 July 2010 09.24 BST
    * Article history

Martin Jol and Robbie Keane

Could Martin Jol and Robbie Keane be set for an emotional reunion by the banks of the Thames? Photograph: Dave Thompson/AP

Every morning Martin Jol must wake up and wonder why he didn't buy fish fingers. Or shepherd's pie. Or moose balls with sag aloo. Why, he must ask himself as his sweat-drenched pyjamas cloy to his chest and memories of sickly faces and horrendous squirting sounds torment him like an Arsenal-supporting ghost, did we have to have lasagna?

But for that dodgy dish and, if truth be told, his players' lack of bottle, Jol would have taken Tottenham into the 2006 Champions League and might still be at his beloved White Hart Lane, Juande Ramos might still be considered employable in England and Harry Redknapp might be sinking with Portsmouth rather than preparing to swank it up with the cream of the continent, the very people with whom Jol should have been consorting.

Sure, he went on to enjoy a decent stint at Hamburg and is now at Ajax, where he was pipped to the Eredivisie title by fellow Dutchman Steve McClaren, but when he looks at himself in the mirror (and sees The Gruffalo staring back) he knows he should still be living it up in London. Happily for him, Fulham think that too and are about to invite him to set up home at Craven Cottage. What's more, Mohamed Al-Fayed is even preparing to welcome him with a little memento of his good times at Tottenham: Robbie Keane. So it's crummy cartwheels of joy all round.
IN SVEN VE TVUST

White Noise

Top article. Take a bow Mr Doyle.

AlFayedsChequebook

The guardian do the best football rumours roundup. Always a joy to read.

I like the reasoning that Doyle is using - IS Jol haunted by the lasagne??

Hazey

If we got Robbie Keane I'd be freaking stoked!
At clubs with bigger memberships, their supporters only touch their colours, but at FFC we have spirit. Fulham people can touch that spirit - they are the real Cottagers, they are the club

Serotonin

Keane and Jol would almost make the interminable wait worthwhile... Bring it on. Bring ANYTHING on.

Tom

Fulham for life!

manxman

"What in the hell is diversity?"
"Well, I could be wrong, but I believe diversity is an old, old wooden ship that was used during the Civil War era."

Abbotsbury White

Jol is now 4/7 with hills,when I checked earlier he was 6/5,also most of the betting on the next manager has been smallish amount £10-£20 with a total this morning of about 25k laid with betfair(cant access it from work to see latest) and 13k of that was on Jol with several £250 bets so fingers crossed.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

we have always said we miss an out & out striker, and Robbie Keane would tick all the boxes :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands: :clap_hands:

Abbotsbury White

The power of Bobby Z with the guile of Robbie K up front makes my mouth water especially if Bobby can maintain last seasons form.
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town.

clintclintdeuce

I think bringing in the likes of Martin Jol will help us keep Schwartzer and Dempsey for sure. The possibility that we could have Robbie Keane up front with BZ, plus the ability to keep our best players, would see our small Fulham side finish in the top 7 again. I am very excited about these possibilities.
The Dude abides.

HatterDon

am I the only person left on this board who believes that Harry will NEVER let a player with any quality go to Fulham?

remember last summer? remember last January? remember all the Spuds players we coveted? remember how many we signed?
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

FatFreddysCat

Like we need anouther oldie player, how about a 22 year old potential Robbie keane. If it is Jol, which i'm sure it will be, surely he can bring a few Dutch players with him?

AmericanJames

Yea  I would be happy if he brought Luis Suarez with him from Ajax and maybe Christian Eriksen as well
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Mr Fulham

Quote from: AmericanJames on July 16, 2010, 11:15:30 PM
Yea  I would be happy if he brought Luis Suarez with him from Ajax and maybe Christian Eriksen as well

No way.

AmericanJames

Quote from: Mr Fulham on July 16, 2010, 11:25:34 PM

No way.

One can always dream can't he?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

WhiteJC

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Spurs-are-keen-to-sell-Robbie-Keane-to-Aston-Villa-in-order-to-finance-a-move-for-Craig-Bellamy-article529069.html
Redknapp Keane to finance Bellamy move

Harry Redknapp is ready to sell Robbie Keane to Aston Villa – to finance a move for Craig Bellamy.

Tottenham boss Redknapp is keen on a £5million deal for Bellamy, who is set to be offloaded by Manchester City to accommodate their latest influx of top players.

And Redknapp is willing to sacrifice Keane, 30, with Spurs already understood to be negotiating with Villa.

Keane, currently on tour in America with Spurs, will not be allowed the leave the club on loan next season after spending the second half of the last campaign at Glasgow's Celtic.

The Irishman went on to score 16 goals in 19 games for the Old Firm giants and new Bhoys assistant boss Johan Mjallby confirmed only last week they want Keane back on loan.

But Redknapp said: "I wouldn't think that's a possibility because we paid good money for him and to loan him out again, it wouldn't be a goer."

Villa – who reached the Carling Cup final and the FA Cup semi-final last season – missed out on Champions League football by just six points because of a lack of firepower up front.

Boss Martin O'Neill is targeting reinforcements with a move to rival Sunderland for City's Stephen Ireland also believed to on the cards.

Midfielder Ireland is being targeted as a replacement for James Milner, who remains determined to move in the opposite direction.

And in a bid to raise funds, Villa have slapped a whopping £4m price tag on Nigel Reo-Coker.

The midfielder, signed from West Ham in July 2007 for £7.5m, has been made available for transfer.

Reo-Coker, 26, had a famous bust-up with O'Neill last season, but the price tag has frightened off interest from Bolton and Blackburn.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/Transfer-news-Spurs-are-keen-to-sell-Robbie-Keane-to-Aston-Villa-in-order-to-finance-a-move-for-Craig-Bellamy-article529069.html#ixzz0tv7z7TBS

boxhockcycsock

I'm beginning to think you've got a point HD.

Redknapp seems to have something against selling to Fulham, maybe he feels like we both compete too directly for the same spot in the table. Perhaps  :009: can caJOLe him out of his star players?  :011:
Time is blind.
Make sure in the parking lot of life, you do not take it's handicapped spot because then you'll be occupying time's space, the ticket for which is being thrown into a wormhole.

clintclintdeuce

No way.

Theres always a way, but there needs to be a will as well.
The Dude abides.

Mr Fulham

Quote from: clintclintdeuce on July 17, 2010, 04:13:25 PM
Yea  I would be happy if he brought Luis Suarez with him from Ajax and maybe Christian Eriksen as well

No way.

Theres always a way, but there needs to be a will as well.

http://www.goal.com/de/news/968/transfermarkt/2010/07/17/2029567/st%C3%BCrmernot-ajax-sucht-pantelic-nachfolger

Important excerpt:
Luis Suarez could also leave the club, if another club comes to pay the requested €30-40 millions.