watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introducing a new feature- The Poster of the Month Award

Started by dannyboi-ffc, March 25, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Hello to all FOF members, My wonderful moderating team and I have decided to introduce a monthly award, recognition to the member we feel has made the best contribution over the duration of a whole calendar month. As I know most of you are like big kids I'm hoping you all take this opportunity to resist the temptation to insult, swear or go absolutely mental for whatever reason (we've all been there). Anyway here is the criteria that will be considered when choosing the contenders
*No swearing
*Interesting posts
*Reasonably sensible posts
*Sense of humour
*Regular posts
*Good topics started
*By all means disagree but don't cross the line
*Jokes but no offensive jokes (good luck)
*And most important of all (woolly!!!!) a limited use of the word 'doomed'. Its not banned yet but not in every thread ay? (not my decision so don't shoot the messenger)

I think you get my drift.... As I still consider myself one of you guys I don't want to be blamed for favouritism or my fellow mods becoming an enemy to anyone. Therefore at the end of every month Myself, Logical Man, Berserker, LBNO11, Burt, possibly WhiteJC and FriendsofFulham and any other mods that may join in the future will all nominate one person each who we feel deserves it. I will then post a 3 day poll for everyone to pick the winner, exactly like the way MOTD goal of the month works. This way you only have yourselves to blame if you feel the wrong person wins and you cant blame us. It should create good banter, fun and the continuation/ slight improvement of the quality of posts overall. Most of you are brilliant anyway but we can all step up our game to become the monthly King/Queen. And the most likely winner will be the member who's nicest or most respectful to their voting peers, so sometimes it pays to be nice.

Me however, well I will remain the same because Mods cannot be nominated to prevent any suspicious minds (thankyou very much).

WHATS THE PRIZE?????

I'm glad you asked that, I realised that the honour of being voted the best wouldn't be enough for you greedy Fulham fans so I made some calls to a few contacts, people who owed me a favour or two and I'm delighted to say the winner will receive a goodie bag.

Here's what you win
1) A copy of the novel 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' signed by Papa Bouba Diop.
2) A Felix Magath fitness dvd "Get fit or die trying"
3) A Facundo Sava mask
4) A replica Shahid Khan moustache
5) Frustration the board game
6) Two tickets to see the new musical based on the classic 80's film "3 men and a baby", but adapted to tell the story of last season "3 managers and a Berbie"
7) An inflatable Intertoto Cup
8) A goat called Big Phil
9)A question and answer session with Larnell Cole
10)An Ernie Clay MUG

I know, I know....... what a prize!

The first award will be for April so the nominees will be polled out to you guys on the 30th April.

Good luck and keep posting!  049:gif  084.gif
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

snarks

Can I enter on the basis that I only want the fake moustache if I win?

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: snarks on March 25, 2015, 09:05:51 PM
Can I enter on the basis that I only want the fake moustache?

Everyone is entered as soon as they post for the first time in that Month. So like it or not you could win the lot. Just sell the rest on ebay.

I reckon you could get away with a Khan moustache, not many men can. I can't.........   :012:

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 25, 2015, 09:14:57 PM
I may need to consult my legal team of Lawyers.

Ok lads and Berserker, we've got a difficult one over here....... well that's your chances of winning gone...... oops did I say that out loud........

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Fernhurst

Can I go on the "ignore" list ...... Far too cantankerous for that nonsense!!!
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Fernhurst on March 25, 2015, 09:26:50 PM

That's the attitude Fernie, can I call you Fernie? You get my vote........

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

ProfficerFFC

BestOfBrede

Can we also introduce an award for 'bad man poster of the month', i.e. Upset the most other posters?

I wanna chance of winning somit!
093.gif

Fernhurst

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 25, 2015, 09:30:54 PM
Quote from: Fernhurst on March 25, 2015, 09:26:50 PM

That's the attitude Fernie, can I call you Fernie? You get my vote........

You can call me anything you like Danny Boi, but my preference would be Sir!

I'm one those fans sadly dying out you described earlier (although not sure how we got here since 1897)and if I wanted to be involved in anything remotely akin to glorification I'd have not have supported Fulham..

So for those reasons ..... I'm out.

Innovation....... Pah!!!!

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

ProfficerFFC

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 25, 2015, 09:53:04 PM
Quote from: ProfficerFFC on March 25, 2015, 09:40:30 PM
We could also have "Post of the Year".
The Post of the year has already been won by the right hand Goal Post at Huddersfield Town on Saturday which was struck by the penalty kick that rebounded to safety.
The Goal Post itself is now residing in my back garden where it belongs, if you wish you may come along at your leisure and observe it for a small fee, although Bus Drivers are exempt.
OK,I think that's the winner settled.
To all other posters: Don't bother posting funny comments until January 1,2016 , unless you are happy with a honourable mention...

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 25, 2015, 09:01:28 PM
Hello to all FOF members, My wonderful moderating team and I have decided to introduce a monthly award, recognition to the member we feel has made the best contribution over the duration of a whole calendar month. As I know most of you are like big kids I'm hoping you all take this opportunity to resist the temptation to insult, swear or go absolutely mental for whatever reason (we've all been there). Anyway here is the criteria that will be considered when choosing the contenders
*No swearing
*Interesting posts
*Reasonably sensible posts
*Sense of humour
*Regular posts
*Good topics started
*By all means disagree but don't cross the line
*Jokes but no offensive jokes (good luck)
*And most important of all (woolly!!!!) a limited use of the word 'doomed'. Its not banned yet but not in every thread ay? (not my decision so don't shoot the messenger)

I think you get my drift.... As I still consider myself one of you guys I don't want to be blamed for favouritism or my fellow mods becoming an enemy to anyone. Therefore at the end of every month Myself, Logical Man, Berserker, LBNO11, Burt, possibly WhiteJC and FriendsofFulham and any other mods that may join in the future will all nominate one person each who we feel deserves it. I will then post a 3 day poll for everyone to pick the winner, exactly like the way MOTD goal of the month works. This way you only have yourselves to blame if you feel the wrong person wins and you cant blame us. It should create good banter, fun and the continuation/ slight improvement of the quality of posts overall. Most of you are brilliant anyway but we can all step up our game to become the monthly King/Queen. And the most likely winner will be the member who's nicest or most respectful to their voting peers, so sometimes it pays to be nice.

Me however, well I will remain the same because Mods cannot be nominated to prevent any suspicious minds (thankyou very much).

WHATS THE PRIZE?????

I'm glad you asked that, I realised that the honour of being voted the best wouldn't be enough for you greedy Fulham fans so I made some calls to a few contacts, people who owed me a favour or two and I'm delighted to say the winner will receive a goodie bag.

Here's what you win
1) A copy of the novel 'The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe' signed by Papa Bouba Diop.
2) A Felix Magath fitness dvd "Get fit or die trying"
3) A Facundo Sava mask
4) A replica Shahid Khan moustache
5) Frustration the board game
6) Two tickets to see the new musical based on the classic 80's film "3 men and a baby", but adapted to tell the story of last season "3 managers and a Berbie"
7) An inflatable Intertoto Cup
8) A goat called Big Phil
9) An Ernie Clay MUG

I know, I know....... what a prize!

The first award will be for April so the nominees will be polled out to you guys on the 30th April.

Good luck and keep posting!  049:gif  084.gif

I would have thought that a man in your position of authority would have thrown in one of your Route Masters as one of the prizes.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

VicHalomsLovechild

Would you need to blow up the inflatable Intertoto cup?

Out of interest who doesn't hum the song, every time the word Intertoto is mention?

dannyboi-ffc

Did you actually see the size of the trophy when we won it lol? If you can blow up a balloon then you're laughing. And yes I sing it all the time!

Right guys bit of breaking news regarding the prize goodie bag. I've managed to throw in a once in a lifetime opportunity to meet Larnell Cole. You just simply cant get a better prize than that!

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

ffc_beason

Who is Larnell Cole?? I think I saw him once driving down the M1 towards london on the way to sunderland away. He was in a 3 wheeler with Pizza hut stickers on the side.
and if you disagree.. well come along and see

Berserker

Sean Bean would be good
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

valdeingruo

Not too keen on the idea to be honest. I have the same lurking doubt's about that kind of system like the "like/dislike button" that was debated awhile back. A post of the month however, I could get behind that. There's always a few gems and the Huddersfield post comment on this thread had me rolling
Self proclaimed tactical genius, football manager approved.

http://imgur.com/a/A1mhi

Berserker

Yes I like thread of the month idea, the pond sludge one is an example. There was many funny comments from lots of posters on that thread. We could all meet Sean Bean at the charity match as a prize : )
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Holders

Non sumus statione ferriviaria

sunburywhite

Why don't you make it so that as soon as someone types "doomed" it changes to another word

Just like you changed the g1nger to be special one

Have I won the prize?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me