watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Introducing a new feature- The Poster of the Month Award

Started by dannyboi-ffc, March 25, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Berserker

Yes I agree. Wonder what the club will make of it?
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Burt on March 31, 2015, 12:13:41 PM
Look no further than this post:
http://www.friendsoffulham.com/forum/index.php?topic=46791.0

Just my opinion, of course...

It is brilliant but this was written for another site. Which makes this whole poster of the month thing a little silly. 
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Burt

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 31, 2015, 01:52:20 PM

It is brilliant but this was written for another site. Which makes this whole poster of the month thing a little silly. 

Indeed it was but it has generated a lot of response and interest on this site.

Whether the post of the month thing is silly or not is down to personal preference.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Burt on March 31, 2015, 05:45:11 PM

Whether the post of the month thing is silly or not is down to personal preference.

Sorry but it isn't down to personal preference because you Mods have already changed it to Thread of the Month. All we need is Quiz of the week and we will have Sale of the Century live form our Fulham studio.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 31, 2015, 05:51:26 PM

Sorry but it isn't down to personal preference because you Mods have already changed it to Thread of the Month. All we need is Quiz of the week and we will have Sale of the Century live form our Fulham studio.

It's called moving the goalposts. But you have forgotten Man of the Match, Supporter of the Week. Joke of the Day, Rant of the Hour. Criticism of the minute.
The list is endless, but look at the plus side.
There is a prize for potentially everybody and anybody if we had a prize for each those subjects. Even I might stand a chance, no on reflection I probably wouldn't. But that way there is a prize for potentially everyone, if you use that method.
The positive posters and the negative will stand a chance, as will the reactive and the proactive.
Think if we had a rant of the hour award, how many potential winners are there in that one. You also add a Mr Angry Award each month, that also has it's candidates. Plus it will keep Danny busy with all the Prize Givings.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 30, 2015, 04:30:08 PM
The answer I believe is 3000 years.

But you're here, posting, so how can you be extinct then?  :023:
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Logicalman on March 31, 2015, 07:05:38 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 30, 2015, 04:30:08 PM
The answer I believe is 3000 years.

But you're here, posting, so how can you be extinct then?  :023:

I have returned through Public Demand.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 31, 2015, 06:58:06 PM

It's called moving the goalposts. But you have forgotten Man of the Match, Supporter of the Week. Joke of the Day, Rant of the Hour. Criticism of the minute.
There is a prize for potentially everybody and anybody if we had a prize for each those subjects. Even I might stand a chance, no on reflection I probably wouldn't. But that way there is a prize for potentially everyone, if you use that method.
The positive posters and the negative will stand a chance, as will the reactive and the proactive.
Think if we had a rant of the hour award, how many potential winners are there in that one. You also add a Mr Angry Award each month, that also has it's candidates. Plus it will keep Danny busy with all the Prize Givings.

Also perhaps some suggestions regarding prizes. This is where Danny comes in. I knew he would come in handy at some stage.

Ist Prize    a Bus Lane.
2nd Prize.   A Low Bridge.
3rd Prize.  A Request Stop.
4th Prize. A Clippie for the night or day depending on your shift pattern.
5th Prize. A No Right Turn Buses only Sign Post.

Booby Prize. Is a personal Tour By Danny at 3am on an open top Routemaster round the back streets of Peckham Rye, now that should be popular.

Never forget your Roots.

dannyboi-ffc

Even before I became a mod I have never understood the way people distance moderators from the rest. "You mods have already changed it" is a bit unnecessary. The idea of this is to create a bit of banter when the poll is posted and to try and encourage better or more interesting posts.

You can see by the list of prizes that it isn't something to take to heart, obviously there isn't actually a prize. I felt in the end poster of the month was I suppose a little silly because it would always end in someone feeling the winner was "our mate" etc etc.

I realise you have been on here for a long time but sometimes change is good, if everything was to remain so that we were set in our ways then it would eventually become stale. Just give it a chance OR let us know you don't want to be apart of it and let us give it a go without the criticism.

Its only a bit of fun and just initially a trial period. People were sceptical about the tipping cup but that worked out eventually especially for you.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 31, 2015, 08:38:14 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on March 31, 2015, 06:58:06 PM

Also perhaps some suggestions regarding prizes. This is where Danny comes in. I knew he would come in handy at some stage.

Ist Prize    a Bus Lane.
2nd Prize.   A Low Bridge.
3rd Prize.  A Request Stop.
4th Prize. A Clippie for the night or day depending on your shift pattern.
5th Prize. A No Right Turn Buses only Sign Post.

Booby Prize. Is a personal Tour By Danny at 3am on an open top Routemaster round the back streets of Peckham Rye, now that should be popular.

We need a coffee machine available, I'm like a zombie when I start at 4am. Shift work is so hard at times!!!! All aboard the bus ride to HELL!!!!!!!!! ....... I mean White City     :dead horse: :dft007:

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Lighthouse

'Even before I became a mod I have never understood the way people distance moderators from the rest. "You mods have already changed it" is a bit unnecessary. The idea of this is to create a bit of banter when the poll is posted and to try and encourage better or more interesting posts.'

Sorry but why so sensitive? The Mods decided to create a Post Of The Month. The Mods decided to change it. What is unnecessary about the statement?  I am not distancing myself from the Mods, just pointing out the facts. I have always gone out of my way to defend the moderation on the site. Even when it was against me. Which was always wrong and needless. The uniform of black thigh boots, crisp knee length undergarments and strange handshakes are unnecessary. But you do what you like. However the statement was meant as a fact and is a fact.

As you may heave realised I think the idea is ridiculous. However that doesn't mean I think all Mods are ridiculous. Some of my best friends would be Mods if I had any friends.

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 31, 2015, 09:20:23 PM
Burt - Even before I became a mod I have never understood the way people distance moderators from the rest. "You mods have already changed it" is a bit unnecessary. The idea of this is to create a bit of banter when the poll is posted and to try and encourage better or more interesting posts.

Sorry but why so sensitive? The Mods decided to create a Post Of The Month. The Mods decided to change it. What is unnecessary about the statement?  I am not distancing myself from the Mods, just pointing out the facts. I have always gone out of my way to defend the moderation on the site. Even when it was against me. Which was always wrong and needless. The uniform of black thigh boots, crisp knee length undergarments and strange handshakes are unnecessary. But you do what you like. However the statement was meant as a fact and is a fact.

As you may heave realised I think the idea is ridiculous. However that doesn't mean I think all Mods are ridiculous. Some of my best friends would be Mods if I had any friends.

Sensitive? I'm not sensitive, I just thought it was quite a blunt way to say it. I can read between the lines of what you just said and I'm glad the other mods are your good friends. I also assume that by saying you don't think all mods are ridiculous means that you think I am.

At the end of the day I respect your view of this idea and i'm sure you are not alone. If it turns out to be a stupid idea and no one is interested then it will be scrapped.

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Lighthouse

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 31, 2015, 09:32:20 PM
Burt - Even before I became a mod I have never understood the way people distance moderators from the rest. "You mods have already changed it" is a bit unnecessary. The idea of this is to create a bit of banter when the poll is posted and to try and encourage better or more interesting posts.

Sensitive? I'm not sensitive, I just thought it was quite a blunt way to say it. I can read between the lines of what you just said and I'm glad the other mods are your good friends. I also assume that by saying you don't think all mods are ridiculous means that you think I am.

At the end of the day I respect your view of this idea and i'm sure you are not alone. If it turns out to be a stupid idea and no one is interested then it will be scrapped.

No I do think all Mods are ridiculous. I was just covering myself. I am a rebel without a cause, a free thinking mad, wild, wind in the hair and down the trousers sort of person. I aint going to let the 'Man' shackle my free thinking spirit. You aint going to take me alive. You Mods all look the same to me. I aint going to take no truck from the oppressor. Nobody going to tap me on the head and say I conform and was a good dog. No man I am free to say what I want the way I want to say it.

Now to conform to the Man I need to put  :005: or is it  :dft011: Just in case the 'Man' or the Oppressor is unable to realise in every society you need somebody to fight against.  :028: :dft011:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 31, 2015, 09:44:05 PM

No I do think all Mods are ridiculous. I was just covering myself. I am a rebel without a cause, a free thinking mad, wild, wind in the hair and down the trousers sort of person. I aint going to let the 'Man' shackle my free thinking spirit. You aint going to take me alive. You Mods all look the same to me. I aint going to take no truck from the oppressor. Nobody going to tap me on the head and say I conform and was a good dog. No man I am free to say what I want the way I want to say it.

Now to conform to the Man I need to put  :005: or is it  :dft011: Just in case the 'Man' or the Oppressor is unable to realise in every society you need somebody to fight against.  :028: :dft011:

Maybe its me still not used to this mod enemy banter. I know some people think I am going to let this go to my head but I promise you I'm not. I felt it was a compliment when I was asked to become one, one I assume was given to me because of the way I interact with everyone and the passionate style I have. I see no need to become a power freak telling everyone what not to say, common sense will hopefully prevail and a little maturity too. I have made friends on here for being me and being a mod wont change me one bit.

For all my faults when I was advised by a mod to stop swearing or doing something that they didn't like I was very apologetic and cooperative, they/ we are not school teachers but I've quickly realised if they wasn't there then this forum wouldn't be half as good as what it is. Imagine a football match without a referee, actually don't answer that lol.

So to summarise I have no problem with you thinking this idea is stupid and I certainly don't want you to not have a voice. But at the same time despite what you or any other member might think of the mods especially me because I am probably the least accommodated amongst a certain chunk, you have had your say so give it a chance before criticising it any further. It wasn't too long ago I referred to you as the educated member, I don't know if you remember that but I didn't have to say that. Maybe be a bit more lenient on someone who once looked up to you on here rather than brand me ridiculous

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

So are you letting me down gently and saying that there will be no Bus Lane for 1st Prize. 

Never forget your Roots.

Berserker

Sorry but why so sensitive? The Mods decided to create a Post Of The Month. The Mods decided to change it. What is unnecessary about the statement?  I am not distancing myself from the Mods, just pointing out the facts. I have always gone out of my way to defend the moderation on the site. Even when it was against me. Which was always wrong and needless. The uniform of black thigh boots, crisp knee length undergarments and strange handshakes are unnecessary. But you do what you like. However the statement was meant as a fact and is a fact.

Now to conform to the Man I need to put  :005: or is it  :dft011: Just in case the 'Man' or the Oppressor is unable to realise in every society you need somebody to fight against.  :028: :dft011:

what about the 'Woman'
Twitter: @hollyberry6699

'Only in the darkness can you see the stars'

- Martin Luther King Jr.

Burt

Some people will like this sort of initiative. Others won't. And others won't feel that strongly about it one way or another.

dannyboi's thinking was to see whether it could be something different and generate a bit of fun particularly when times are tough and the mood on the board not at its most positive.

If it works, great, we may do it again.

If it sort of works but with a few glitches along the way, so be it, we can do some tweaking to see if it gets better.

If it doesn't work then we will relegate it quietly to the Blue Square league division 27.

But nothing to lose in giving it a go...

Lighthouse

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 31, 2015, 09:59:32 PM

Now to conform to the Man I need to put  :005: or is it  :dft011: Just in case the 'Man' or the Oppressor is unable to realise in every society you need somebody to fight against.  :028: :dft011:

Maybe its me still not used to this mod enemy banter. I know some people think I am going to let this go to my head but I promise you I'm not. I felt it was a compliment when I was asked to become one, one I assume was given to me because of the way I interact with everyone and the passionate style I have. I see no need to become a power freak telling everyone what not to say, common sense will hopefully prevail and a little maturity too. I have made friends on here for being me and being a mod wont change me one bit.

For all my faults when I was advised by a mod to stop swearing or doing something that they didn't like I was very apologetic and cooperative, they/ we are not school teachers but I've quickly realised if they wasn't there then this forum wouldn't be half as good as what it is. Imagine a football match without a referee, actually don't answer that lol.

So to summarise I have no problem with you thinking this idea is stupid and I certainly don't want you to not have a voice. But at the same time despite what you or any other member might think of the mods especially me because I am probably the least accommodated amongst a certain chunk, you have had your say so give it a chance before criticising it any further. It wasn't too long ago I referred to you as the educated member, I don't know if you remember that but I didn't have to say that. Maybe be a bit more lenient on someone who once looked up to you on here rather than brand me ridiculous

I think you are taking yourself far too seriously. You seem to be missing the point of everything I was saying. Clearly my fault. You didn't have to say I was an 'educated member'. Are you trying to guilt me into agreeing with everything you suggest? I never branded you ridiculous. Just the idea. Still  I really was trying to be funny after that.  I even put the funny icons in. But you clearly want to take offence and this is where I shall bow out. As a Mod you really will have to learn not to get involved in arguments of your own making.

RaySmith

Quote from: Burt on March 31, 2015, 10:15:21 PM
Some people will like this sort of initiative. Others won't. And others won't feel that strongly about it one way or another.

dannyboi's thinking was to see whether it could be something different and generate a bit of fun particularly when times are tough and the mood on the board not at its most positive.

If it works, great, we may do it again.

If it sort of works but with a few glitches along the way, so be it, we can do some tweaking to see if it gets better.

If it doesn't work then we will relegate it quietly to the Blue Square league division 27.

But nothing to lose in giving it a go...

:plus one:

As always the voice of reason Burt.

Yes, give Dannyboi a break -he's been a breath of fresh air with his enthusiasm on here, and he is attempting something new as a new Mod. Let's give it a chance- see how it goes.

Woolly Mammoth

I know you have been busy Danny, but I am worried about that Bus Lane being first prize.

Never forget your Roots.