Started by dannyboi-ffc, March 25, 2015, 09:01:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on March 31, 2015, 11:48:55 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 31, 2015, 09:59:32 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 31, 2015, 09:44:05 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on March 31, 2015, 09:32:20 PM
Quote from: Lighthouse on March 31, 2015, 09:20:23 PM
Burt - Even before I became a mod I have never understood the way people distance moderators from the rest. "You mods have already changed it" is a bit unnecessary. The idea of this is to create a bit of banter when the poll is posted and to try and encourage better or more interesting posts.

Sorry but why so sensitive? The Mods decided to create a Post Of The Month. The Mods decided to change it. What is unnecessary about the statement?  I am not distancing myself from the Mods, just pointing out the facts. I have always gone out of my way to defend the moderation on the site. Even when it was against me. Which was always wrong and needless. The uniform of black thigh boots, crisp knee length undergarments and strange handshakes are unnecessary. But you do what you like. However the statement was meant as a fact and is a fact.

As you may heave realised I think the idea is ridiculous. However that doesn't mean I think all Mods are ridiculous. Some of my best friends would be Mods if I had any friends.

Sensitive? I'm not sensitive, I just thought it was quite a blunt way to say it. I can read between the lines of what you just said and I'm glad the other mods are your good friends. I also assume that by saying you don't think all mods are ridiculous means that you think I am.

At the end of the day I respect your view of this idea and i'm sure you are not alone. If it turns out to be a stupid idea and no one is interested then it will be scrapped.

No I do think all Mods are ridiculous. I was just covering myself. I am a rebel without a cause, a free thinking mad, wild, wind in the hair and down the trousers sort of person. I aint going to let the 'Man' shackle my free thinking spirit. You aint going to take me alive. You Mods all look the same to me. I aint going to take no truck from the oppressor. Nobody going to tap me on the head and say I conform and was a good dog. No man I am free to say what I want the way I want to say it.

Now to conform to the Man I need to put  :005: or is it  :dft011: Just in case the 'Man' or the Oppressor is unable to realise in every society you need somebody to fight against.  :028: :dft011:

Maybe its me still not used to this mod enemy banter. I know some people think I am going to let this go to my head but I promise you I'm not. I felt it was a compliment when I was asked to become one, one I assume was given to me because of the way I interact with everyone and the passionate style I have. I see no need to become a power freak telling everyone what not to say, common sense will hopefully prevail and a little maturity too. I have made friends on here for being me and being a mod wont change me one bit.

For all my faults when I was advised by a mod to stop swearing or doing something that they didn't like I was very apologetic and cooperative, they/ we are not school teachers but I've quickly realised if they wasn't there then this forum wouldn't be half as good as what it is. Imagine a football match without a referee, actually don't answer that lol.

So to summarise I have no problem with you thinking this idea is stupid and I certainly don't want you to not have a voice. But at the same time despite what you or any other member might think of the mods especially me because I am probably the least accommodated amongst a certain chunk, you have had your say so give it a chance before criticising it any further. It wasn't too long ago I referred to you as the educated member, I don't know if you remember that but I didn't have to say that. Maybe be a bit more lenient on someone who once looked up to you on here rather than brand me ridiculous

I think you are taking yourself far too seriously. You seem to be missing the point of everything I was saying. Clearly my fault. You didn't have to say I was an 'educated member'. Are you trying to guilt me into agreeing with everything you suggest? I never branded you ridiculous. Just the idea. Still  I really was trying to be funny after that.  I even put the funny icons in. But you clearly want to take offence and this is where I shall bow out. As a Mod you really will have to learn not to get involved in arguments of your own making.

Fair enough i'll lighten up. Now you can be the comedian instead
064.gif :dft011: :wine:
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

blingo

Quote from: Burt on March 31, 2015, 10:15:21 PM
Some people will like this sort of initiative. Others won't. And others won't feel that strongly about it one way or another.

dannyboi's thinking was to see whether it could be something different and generate a bit of fun particularly when times are tough and the mood on the board not at its most positive.

If it works, great, we may do it again.

If it sort of works but with a few glitches along the way, so be it, we can do some tweaking to see if it gets better.

If it doesn't work then we will relegate it quietly to the Blue Square league division 27.

But nothing to lose in giving it a go...

Bit like Gib's football then Burt....lol

Fernhurst

If it doesn't work then we will relegate it quietly to the Blue Square league division 27.

Probably for the best Burt..............
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Burt

Quote from: blingo on April 01, 2015, 10:11:54 AM
Quote from: Burt on March 31, 2015, 10:15:21 PM
Some people will like this sort of initiative. Others won't. And others won't feel that strongly about it one way or another.

dannyboi's thinking was to see whether it could be something different and generate a bit of fun particularly when times are tough and the mood on the board not at its most positive.

If it works, great, we may do it again.

If it sort of works but with a few glitches along the way, so be it, we can do some tweaking to see if it gets better.

But nothing to lose in giving it a go...

Bit like Gib's football then Burt....lol

Haha... I didn't like to say  :dft011:

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 01, 2015, 03:46:08 PM
Any news on that Bus Lane ?

Lol its been closed for roadworks. So I'm on diversion

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Logicalman

It's been turned into a grassy knoll - as for the one-armed smoking man that is now a mouldy fugitive ... 
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Logicalman

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 01, 2015, 06:00:08 PM
Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 01, 2015, 04:55:22 PM

Lol its been closed for roadworks. So I'm diversion

What about those Clippies, when are they turning up ?

They were last seen in a Boston harbour, where the sea turned a nasty - bust somewhat aromatic - color of brown.
Logical is just in the name - don't expect it has anything to do with my thought process, because I AM the man who sold the world.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: Logicalman on April 01, 2015, 06:05:46 PM

They were last seen in a Boston harbour, where the sea turned a nasty - bust somewhat aromatic - color of brown.
Quote from: Logicalman on April 01, 2015, 06:05:46 PM

Colour of Brown eh, blimey.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

blingo

Nothing like a little raw sewage to brighten up boston. hhahhaha.

Holders

Quote from: blingo on April 02, 2015, 08:02:44 AM
Nothing like a little raw sewage to brighten up boston. hhahhaha.

Have you ever been there? It'd probably be an improvement. 
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

blingo

Peabody

blingo

So I hear Mr P, but I gather they have rather long gaps between them lol.

Holders

I've only been there once, in the 80s, to visit a friend. Because I was early I thought I'd have a look wround the town to kill some time. Ok, it was a Sunday but the place was DEAD. I tried to get a lunch but the pubs were dire.

Burt

I went to Boston a couple of years ago and actually quite enjoyed the place. Very pleasant, with more history and heritage than most other places I have been to in the US. It really did feel like you were in a place that shaped the world today.

And my girl loved it because there was a Hollister store  :dft011:

dannyboi-ffc

See I announce the prize package with the pick of the bunch being a get together with the one and only larnell cole and all of a sudden he pops up in an u21 game.

Coincidence possibly OR maybe just maybe I have put a lot of effort into these prizes and the award deserves a little more respect........

Oh well dannyboi, one day they will see. They all laughed at Christopher Columbus once upon a time. I will win you over eventually!

Lighthouse do your job and guide me to the shore rather than make me want to sink when you post  :dft011:

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Holders

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 02, 2015, 03:57:12 PM
See I announce the prize package with the pick of the bunch being a get together with the one and only larnell cole and all of a sudden he pops up in an u21 game.

Coincidence possibly OR maybe just maybe I have put a lot of effort into these prizes and the award deserves a little more respect........

Oh well dannyboi, one day they will see. They all laughed at Christopher Columbus once upon a time. I will win you over eventually!

Lighthouse do your job and guide me to the shore rather than make me want to sink when you post  :dft011:

They also laughed at Icarus and Daedalus...

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 02, 2015, 04:43:00 PM
What about these Clippies you were going to introduce to us.

You again! I speak to you more than the wife!!!!! About time we found you an appropriate habitat isnt it? I'd hate for you to become extinct again. How about a nice warm bus?

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannyboi-ffc on April 02, 2015, 05:02:13 PM
Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 02, 2015, 04:43:00 PM
What about these Clippies you were going to introduce to us.
[/quote

You again! I speak to you more than the wife!!!!! About time we found you an appropriate habitat isnt it? I'd hate for you to become extinct again. How about a nice warm bus?

On one condition. It's a Double Decker, it has it's own personal Bus Lane, and there is a Clippy on board.

Never forget your Roots.

Woolly Mammoth

Back in the sixties I went out with a Bus Conductoress,  or a Clippy  as they were known in those days from clipping the tickets I would imagine.
Anyway I had to break it up, because every time we went out in her car which was bright red, we stopped at every bus stop on route, due to force of habit, she reckoned. She even charged me the fare. She also had a bell in her car, and when she gave me a lift home, if I didn't ring it, she would drive passed my house.

Never forget your Roots.