watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

from the BBC....

Started by WhiteJC, July 16, 2010, 04:01:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhiteJC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8829195.stm?
Fulham to name new boss, with Jol & Eriksson favourites

Fulham will announce their new manager next week with Ajax boss Martin Jol and Ivory Coast coach Sven-Goran Eriksson the favourites, BBC Sport understands.

The club have been without a boss since Roy Hodgson joined Liverpool on 1 July, with Ray Lewington in temporary charge.

There will be no appointment before the squad leave for their 10-day pre-season tour to Sweden on Monday but the new man will fly out to join the party.

USA coach Bob Bradley and Switzerland's Ottmar Hitzfeld are not in the frame.

The pair had been mentioned as possibilities but Hitzfeld has ruled himself out of contention and a statement from the United States Soccer Federation outlined their intention to extend Bradley's current contract.

Jol, who was sacked by Tottenham in October 2007, still owns a house in England and may be keen on a return to the Premier League.

Reports suggest the 54-year-old would be given rolling contract, similar to that which Hodgson was on, and an improvement on his current salary.

His current club, Ajax, will be playing Champions League football next season if they come through qualifying.

Eriksson managed Ivory Coast at the World Cup and is thought to have held talks with Fulham.

However, the Swede revealed earlier this week that he was considering a lucrative offer to stay on as head coach of the west African nation.

The Ex-England and Manchester City manager's wage demands could also prove a stumbling block.

"It is a little bit frustrating not having someone in place," said midfielder Simon Davies following Fulham's opening pre-season fixture against Brentford on Wednesday.

"I've no idea who it's going to be but the club have said that by the end of this week or the beginning of next week, they'll have someone in place."

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

NEXT WEEK? I know we want the right man,but does the club understand what this is doing to the fans??? :035: :035: :035:

Serotonin

If this is true, it wouldnt hurt the club to release a statement now, just saying we wanted to inform the fans that our search for a new manager is progressing well.. blah blah blah.. there will be a further announcement on Monday or whatever...  If the comms job is up for grabs I'll take it.

RidgeRider

I love the club but they don't always handle everything with grace.

TonyGilroy

SSN are saying that sources in Holland confirm we've had preliminary talks with Jol's agent and are now approaching AJAX who are not denying the story.

If true Jol must be interested in principle and it's down to money with him and AJAX.

Sven, I'd guess is plan B.

Lighthouse

So it sounds as if we still are no way near settling anything but have a few more ideas who we want. Busy weekend for our MD. So next week, Tuesday at earliest. Which will make 20 days and asking.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Chopper

This IS agony, but I'd rather the club found the right man than rushed into making a silly decision.

It does seem to be revolving around finances, Sven clearly wanting more to take on the job and us moving onto Jol only in the last few days. I'd prefer Jol of the two so if it's him I'll be happy.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

mccscratch

Ives Garlacep fro Fox Soccer confirmed that the BBC story about Bradley being out of the running is bogus and no talks going on about extending Bob Bradley for the US Nats...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: mccscratch on July 16, 2010, 08:51:38 PM
Ives Garlacep fro Fox Soccer confirmed that the BBC story about Bradley being out of the running is bogus and no talks going on about extending Bob Bradley for the US Nats...

I believe Ives said that there were discussions between the U.S. and Bradley, but nothing that would've ruled Bradley out of contention for this job.

Agreed that, if the accuracy of the Bradley bit is indicative of the accuracy of the rest, then the story isn't worth the cyberspace it occupies.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

mccscratch

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on July 16, 2010, 09:06:42 PM
Quote from: mccscratch on July 16, 2010, 08:51:38 PM

I believe Ives said that there were discussions between the U.S. and Bradley, but nothing that would've ruled Bradley out of contention for this job.

Agreed that, if the accuracy of the Bradley bit is indicative of the accuracy of the rest, then the story isn't worth the cyberspace it occupies.

Grant Wahl confirmed on twitter than no new contract has been offered to Bob and there are several soccer blogs out there with some connections that are saying that Bob is going to be in London this weekend... FWIW...
Just score 3+ goals a game and we will gain promotion...I promise