watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ray Lewington manager?

Started by bigalffc, July 16, 2010, 07:47:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigalffc

What do you think?. He's had a couple of years with Woy to learn the masters way. He knows the players capabilities. Only downside I see is that he wouldn't attract quality players to start the season.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Fernhurst

Sorry Al, Ray has no chance.... and he has already stated the same.

Our club has moved on to a different level and the new chap will match our ambition.

Ray has been a fantastic servant to FFC   :sir_roy:..... if it's Jol coming in, he would be mad to get rid of him.

Chopper

Yep. Ray is a lovely bloke and has done us proud in the past but he's not up to managing the club now and I don't think he'd really want to either. Hope he get's to stay whoever comes in, think he has a lot to offer as a coach.
Sold my soul to the Green Pole

Lighthouse

Yes he has been there and done that and no longer wants to return to the hassle. Coaching is what he is great at. I too hope he is the constant in these changing, shifting tides of time we find ourselves in.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

LBNo11

...as much as I appreciate all the times he has stepped in to keep us together the answer is no - besides, I think I would miss seeing shady1...
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

he's a follower,not a leader,a great number 2,not a great number 1 so that's a big fat NO from me :028:

SouthfieldWhite

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 16, 2010, 08:11:07 PM
...as much as I appreciate all the times he has stepped in to keep us together the answer is no - besides, I think I would miss seeing shady1...

If it ment getting rid of Shady i say get Ray in asap ;-) :clap_hands:

Seriously, i had a long chat with Ray about 3 weeks ago, and he did say then that even if he was offered the job he wouldnt take it as he didnt think promoting within works, i think hes happy with the coaching side, although we must not forget he did a great job managing Watford not that long ago, and yes i do realise managing Watford might be a bitdifference to managing Fulham

HatterDon

It's a difficult job being a first-rate top flight assistant, and RayLew seems by all accounts to have managed it. When I discovered that Roy left him behind, my biggest concern became that the new gaffer would dispense with his services. I think he's even more important than before what with a new boss coming in with less than a month to go before Bolton away
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

bigalffc

Quote from: HatterDon on July 16, 2010, 08:59:48 PM
It's a difficult job being a first-rate top flight assistant, and RayLew seems by all accounts to have managed it. When I discovered that Roy left him behind, my biggest concern became that the new gaffer would dispense with his services. I think he's even more important than before what with a new boss coming in with less than a month to go before Bolton away
I agree he certainly is an asset and would bring continuity if the new boss keeps him on.
Instead of seeing the rug being pulled from under us we can learn to dance on a shifting carpet - Thomas Crum

Fernhurst

Did Roy take Walker with him???

FatFreddysCat

Quote from: LBNo11 on July 16, 2010, 08:11:07 PM
Ah you missed the best song of the night at Brentford started by a very drunk Shady. Ray Ray Ray , Ray Ray Ray etc.

bigalffc