watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

FFC v Brentford

Started by Baszab, March 30, 2015, 10:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Baszab

My sources at BFC tell me they are bringing 6,500 fans and they (and their team I suppose) are taking this match very seriously indeed from all aspects !

I hope FFC are suitably fired up too

Fernhurst

Nah...... We will play a narrow diamond and outfox the little bees with our technology transported from the big boys league.
Knock it abat abit and run out comfy?

No bover.

Sigh.......

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

J.Perkins

Its shows what a complete mess the club is. What sane person would give Brentford nearly 7000 tickets, when they are flying high, and most of them hate us. Police will have to be everywhere, those who went to Brentford saw how many police there were, and there was only 1500 of us. This is the game I am least looking forward to in a while, I reckon we will lose, and there will be 7000 Brentford fans lapping it up.

Wearethewhites

I wouldn't worry to much about it, we're going to turn Brentford over anyway, so 6,500 of their fans will leave the Cottage very disappointed. Come to think of it, they don't actually have 6,500 fans, so I reckon a few Watford and Chelsea are coming along for the day out.

Baszab

I fear that they are a much better team than us at the moment - they move the ball around really quickly -

I understand that they have never forgotten the taunt "we'll never play you again" ! - Sounds a bit hollow now as we could end up 2 divisions lower next year

Wearethewhites

Quote from: Baszab on March 30, 2015, 11:07:20 PM
I fear that they are a much better team than us at the moment - they move the ball around really quickly -

I understand that they have never forgotten the taunt "we'll never play you again" ! - Sounds a bit hollow now as we could end up 2 divisions lower next year

Fear not, we will terrorize them on the day, both on and off the pitch.

dannyboi-ffc

At the end of the day if they dont go up and we dont go down then next season could be very different, back to normal I suppose you could say.

Brighton, Wigan and Birmingham have proved that finishing 4th/5th last year means nothing to finishing 21st if you dont win the playoffs. I dont think they will even make the playoffs personally.

I'm not looking to Friday but I havent looked to any game for a while now, I'm counting the days till the summer where we can finally (I hope) Sort this mess out!

The club have no common sense sometimes, why on earth give them so many tickets? It will be hard enough as it is.

Oh that reminds me, I must get a half and half scarf outside Wembley.... I mean the Cottage. Well it is their cup final after all
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Roberty

Quote from: J.Perkins on March 30, 2015, 11:02:04 PM
Its shows what a complete mess the club is. What sane person would give Brentford nearly 7000 tickets, when they are flying high, and most of them hate us. Police will have to be everywhere, those who went to Brentford saw how many police there were, and there was only 1500 of us. This is the game I am least looking forward to in a while, I reckon we will lose, and there will be 7000 Brentford fans lapping it up.

It is an entertainment business - the object of the exercise is to sell tickets - so why are you surprised?

The sad thing about it is that we had so many "fair weather" fans and probably touts who are not with us now

So it is good that they can off load the tickets and it will cheer our team if they can score some goals feel despair set in at that end of the ground
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

HillingdonFFC

Brentford were given 6200 tickets according to their official website, as of yesterday they had 150 still to sell.
I actually rang Fulham ticket office and asked to speak to the manager to ask why on earth they were given that many.
The reason is if they had given Brentford 3-4000 the minute they sold out Fulham would had to take the game off general sale on police advice ,FFC estimated a crowd of around 16k. I brought some extra tickets yesterday and 22,600 had been sold with the Hammersmith end practically sold out, FFC are now expecting a crowd in excess of 24,000.
It was purely a bums on seat decision.Actually think its the right thing after initially considering it a ridiculous decision.Will be fantastic if we win and painful if we lose, generally take all this talk of trouble with a pinch of salt. We used to get it from QPR about about how they were going to infiltrate our stands, turn our pubs over etc, never happened.

F(f)CUK

You never know there might be an atmosphere at the game. Heaven forbid.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 31, 2015, 07:16:52 AM
Brentford were given 6200 tickets according to their official website, as of yesterday they had 150 still to sell.
I actually rang Fulham ticket office and asked to speak to the manager to ask why on earth they were given that many.
The reason is if they had given Brentford 3-4000 the minute they sold out Fulham would had to take the game off general sale on police advice ,FFC estimated a crowd of around 16k. I brought some extra tickets yesterday and 22,600 had been sold with the Hammersmith end practically sold out, FFC are now expecting a crowd in excess of 24,000.
It was purely a bums on seat decision.Actually think its the right thing after initially considering it a ridiculous decision.Will be fantastic if we win and painful if we lose, generally take all this talk of trouble with a pinch of salt. We used to get it from QPR about about how they were going to infiltrate our stands, turn our pubs over etc, never happened.

I'd rather 10 thousand empty seats then a "home" atmosphere for a local rival when we desperately need a result for our league position, confidence and for us long suffering fans.

Another poor decision from the club. We all saw what happened with the supposed divide between home/neutral  fans and the away fans at the Millwall game. They will have the entire Putney end and will make a hell of a noise.

Southdowns White

We are only being good neighbours, this is their biggest game in the history of Brentford fc ever, the likes of which they will never experience again. It's not as though we need the points we are 100% safe, it is an absolute impossibility for us to be relegated so why not give them a really good day out, does it matter that we the home supporters all go home depressed and humiliated while Fulham fc get an extra £140,000 for the end of season party. 

bog

I'm with Baszab here. Be careful of what you chant. To be quite honest I hope they make it to the prem. Any team that accrues enough points deserves to.
092.gif

cmg

Football club act to maximize ticket sales - Sensation.

Large number of away fans to attend local derby - Sensation

Fulham FC management to blame - As usual

MJG

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on March 31, 2015, 08:08:28 AM
Quote from: HillingdonFFC on March 31, 2015, 07:16:52 AM

I'd rather 10 thousand empty seats then a "home" atmosphere for a local rival when we desperately need a result for our league position, confidence and for us long suffering fans.

Another poor decision from the club. We all saw what happened with the supposed divide between home/neutral  fans and the away fans at the Millwall game. They will have the entire Putney end and will make a hell of a noise.
I'll turn it round... What would you think if they only gave us 500 seats for the corresponding fixture if we were in their position?

Northern Cottager

There is absolutely no way they will be promoted and I'm sure eve nwe can't mess this up and be relegated. Watching them get smashed at Wembley would be nice, though.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: cmg on March 31, 2015, 09:10:48 AM

Football club act to maximize ticket sales - Sensation.

Large number of away fans to attend local derby - Sensation

Fulham FC management to blame - As usual

Well said.

The whining from some about 'large' numbers of our opponent's fans is embarrassing.

Some seem to like scaremongering. Others seem afraid that it might generate some atmosphere or that it might help our opponents. It makes us (or those posters) sound frightened for ourselves and for the result rather than ready to go in to the game with a positive attitude or at least some determination.

fulhaman

MJG, you have just done a long article about Fulham finances, and how bleak they could be, yet when we try and do something to make more money, you complain about it. Makes no sense to me. Craven cottage has been horrible being so empty and atmosphere wise terrible. I love that this has happened.

MJG

Quote from: fulhaman on March 31, 2015, 10:45:29 AM
MJG, you have just done a long article about Fulham finances, and how bleak they could be, yet when we try and do something to make more money, you complain about it. Makes no sense to me. Craven cottage has been horrible being so empty and atmosphere wise terrible. I love that this has happened.
Hang on read my reply again. I was responding to someone who didn't like the idea of Brentford having all those fans.
I back the club on this one,  if we can't sell the seats then really we have no option.

fulhaman

Hang on read my reply again. I was responding to someone who didn't like the idea of Brentford having all those fans.
I back the club on this one,  if we can't sell the seats then really we have no option.

Ahh ok I totally back the club on this, making as much money as possible now, will be a very good think. My friend is a Nottingham forest fan and hates FFP, and they have nearly 28k every week, for us to be able to complete we need to be averaging more than we are. I know people are going to say Bournemouth and Brentford don't have big stands, but I for one totally understand this by the club.