Bocanegra On The Move

Started by White Noise, July 16, 2010, 10:36:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11800_6265200,00.html

Bocanegra set for St Etienne

American defender poised to leave Rennes

By James Dall   Last updated: 16th July 2010   

..Rennes have announced that defender Carlos Bocanegra is to sign for Ligue 1 counterparts St Etienne.

United States international Bocanegra is set to join up with his new team-mates ahead of the new season upon returning from holiday.

The value of the transfer has yet to be revealed, although it is suggested the fee agreed is in the region of £422,000.

Bocanegra arrived at Rennes from Fulham in 2008 after spending four years with the English outfit.

FatFreddysCat

I liked bocca, anouther 3 inches taller and he'd have been class.

Tom

Good luck Carlos! I like him as a player to Freddy.
Fulham for life!

beijing ben

Quote from: FatFreddysCat on July 16, 2010, 11:13:53 PM
I liked bocca, anouther 3 inches taller and he'd have been class.

Another three seconds quicker..

I liked Boca too. Was a good song for him

AmericanJames

Big fan of Boca, he's done well for the National team here, and from the sounds of it he got a bit of a raw deal near the end of his time at Rennes, hopefully he can continue to play well over there and if he can say fit and stay in the mix for 2014 for the Yanks as we dont have much at the back line as it is right now
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on July 17, 2010, 08:10:50 AM
Big fan of Boca, he's done well for the National team here, and from the sounds of it he got a bit of a raw deal near the end of his time at Rennes, hopefully he can continue to play well over there and if he can say fit and stay in the mix for 2014 for the Yanks as we dont have much at the back line as it is right now
I don't see him being in the mix for us in 2014. We pretty much have to revamp our back 4 for the next cycle. Gooch may be back, but that is about it. The good news is that we get the rest of the team back.
Fulham for life!

AmericanJames

Quote from: Tom on July 17, 2010, 08:14:33 AM
I don't see him being in the mix for us in 2014. We pretty much have to revamp our back 4 for the next cycle. Gooch may be back, but that is about it. The good news is that we get the rest of the team back.

I really hope we dont have to him in the back in 2014, but the way it stands its a possibility 
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

Tom

Quote from: AmericanJames on July 17, 2010, 08:24:03 AM

I really hope we dont have to him in the back in 2014, but the way it stands its a possibility 
I don't think there is any chance of this happening.
Fulham for life!

clintclintdeuce

Quote from: Tom on July 17, 2010, 03:58:53 PM
Quote from: AmericanJames on July 17, 2010, 08:24:03 AM

I don't think there is any chance of this happening.

he will be around for the ever important gold cup and many qualifiers if he doesnt retire internationally though. he will still be integral for a while i reckon.
The Dude abides.