watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

What happens to now to Ray Lewington?

Started by Admin, July 17, 2010, 11:44:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Admin

Great coach, No.2 etc but not or ever will be a good manager IMO. I think we give Roy all the praise for last season but obviously Ray had a part to play in keeping the squad fit and together.

Ray seems to have what I call a personal bond with the club or the club seem to like Ray being part of the furniture. He's always been there either as a coach or a No.2 to someone so what happens if/when Martin Jol is installed?

Will he bring his own No.2 backroom staff? Will Ray lose his No.2 status and be given some other coacing role at the club, will he be sacked or will the club see it fit for him to work with Jol and will Jol want him?

Fernhurst

Even if Jol brings his own people in, I feel MAF will find a position for Ray maybe on The Academy side.

The rumour was MAF stepped in personally to reinstate Diddy David after he was ousted as match day man.

There may be people within the game however that regard Ray more than an Academy coach.

We will await the outcome with interest.

Lighthouse

Bob Bradley will keep Ray on as he ..... oops I think I have let the cat out of the bag there.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Mr Fulham

I think Ray will stay. Obviously Jol will bring his own backroom staff (his brother Cornelius, for example), but I think that Ray (and Mike Kelly!) will be part of Jol's team. Maybe Jol will operate with two Assistants?