Try to sign

Seko Fofana
James Husband

Return

Richard Lee
Jazz Richards
Michael Turner
Danny Guthrie

I like Fofana I think he will keep getting better given games another loan deal would benefit all parties, I also think Husband looks a very good left back would like to see the club strike a deal with Middlesbrough.

Danny Guthrie is a player I actually like I think he is a decent player but I think if we can get Hyndman & Christensen fully fit they can do the job he would do. Turner is another one who has done well since coming in but for me we let in so many goals as we have no pace in the defence, I hope the club thank him for his good service then pursue a defender with a respectable turn of pace. Richard Lee I can not comment on. Jazz Richards is quite average from what I've seen on him, he has all the attributes to be a very good RB but he just doesn't do enough for me he is no better than Jack Grimmer.

FPT

I also like Seko, but I don't think it's a case of us wanting to sign him, more City wanting to retain him on based on the future of potential. I'd be interested in another loan, but that would depend on how our transfer window goes - he gave us something we didn't have. If we buy a player with his characteristics then there's no need to loan and develop a Manchester City player.

The same above applies to James Husband and Middlesbrough, though if he isn't going to play then maybe we could tempt them (and him) with a reasonable deal, meaning they profit and we up his wages. Out of our loan players, James Husband is the one that hasn't put a foot wrong at any point.

Just to answer your point on Danny Guthrie, I too like him though at Blackpool he was fairly anonymous which is worrying for a player of his type, the same applies for the Rotherham game. He needs to have a good last two games for me to be won over how I was after Brentford and Charlton. You say Emerson Hyndman and Lasse Vigen Christensen can do his job, and whilst I disagree on the Christensen part, that's a hell of a responsibility to put on a young player - to control the game. Now whilst I think Hyndman is a star in his own right, I don't want to see him crumble with 46 games of that weight on his shoulders, bare in mind he's just turned 19 years of age so should maybe be playing on a more part-time basis. The better technical players the better, and for me, Danny Guthrie is one of them, and he's also one of only three players in our squad to win promotion from the Championship.

I agree with Michael Turner, though again, he's been promoted from the Championship and has vital experience in both that division and the Premier League. I agree that we could do with more pace at centre back, but if it's not available, Turner back in the squad would be great.

As for Jazz Richards, I don't know why he's played more than Jack Grimmer so often, I was furious when I Grimmer was dropped post-Wigan. I'd be half tempted if he's cheap, it'd be good competition and Richards can develop, he's only 24. He's also got Premier League, International and Championship experience. A battle between Grimmer and Richards at right back would be something that I'm comfortable with should the Welshman be circa £1m and below.

Bronaldinho

Fofana and Husband are the best two.

Fofana is valued too highly at City to leave on a permanent deal and considering his recent absence probably means we can't get him again next season.

Husband is unreal and best left back we've had in a while.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

Whitesideup

On the Richards v Grimmer ... for me Grimmer is fine defensively. His pace impresses and he reads the game well. His delivery of the ball however is shocking and is really not of Championship standard. That really needs to improve. Surely with all the hours of work they do on their technique over a timeframe of years, this should be better. It may be a lack of confidence or nervousness at big moments in which case maybe his game will just click into place. Richards is certainly better going forward, but defensively can wobble a bit. The two are chalk and cheese.

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 25, 2015, 09:55:32 AM
Fofana and Husband are the best two.

Fofana is valued too highly at City to leave on a permanent deal and considering his recent absence probably means we can't get him again next season.

Husband is unreal and best left back we've had in a while.

Didn't rate Fofana too much at the start but he's got a good engine and I'd hope composure on the ball will come with age.

As for Husband...we've been awful at left back for a long time, glad to see he seems to enjoy it here and he'd be a great buy.  1 down...3 more defenders to go :)

Craven Mad

On current performances, I'd take Husband, Guthrie, Turner on a permanent basis. Husband is easily the best, the other two are solid choices and upgrades on what we have (and they'll be available on the cheap). Guthrie needs to be tied into a performance-based contract though, as he has a tendency to decline after an initial impact.

I'd bring Fofana back on loan (as I doubt he's available for transfer).

I'd consider bring back Jazz (as I expect Hoog and Voser will be gone and Jack probably needs another loan before he can be relied upon, leaving us no RBs).

Richard Lee is retiring. I hope we bring in Adam Bogdan on a free to compete with Betts (but ultimately to be Marcus' backup).

No one's mentioning Stafy? Probably for the best.. He's not been great, but he has saved our bacon on countless occasions with his goal-line clearances. I'll wish him well for the future, but Husband's better.

Dodger53

I think Fofana is hopeless. Agree with keeping Guthrie and Husband.
Agree with view re jazz and Gummer - chalk and cheese - both a long way off championship standard.

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: Craven Mad on April 25, 2015, 12:47:49 PM
On current performances, I'd take Husband, Guthrie, Turner on a permanent basis. Husband is easily the best, the other two are solid choices and upgrades on what we have (and they'll be available on the cheap). Guthrie needs to be tied into a performance-based contract though, as he has a tendency to decline after an initial impact.

I'd bring Fofana back on loan (as I doubt he's available for transfer).

I agree 100% with all of this ^

'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

EJL

I think Fofana's a good player, and one that could rank among the best midfielders in this division (given time) but -- and please don't shoot me for saying this -- he doesn't strike me as someone who'll develop into a top-four-quality player. Saying that, I think the best we can hope for is getting him on loan for another year, as it is obviously too soon to write him off (regarding whether he can make City's first team).

May as well add that you can just tell when a player is destined to spend the rest of their career at a big club. Fofana doesn't give me that vibe.

cmg

Pretty much agree with FPT and many others on this one.
I'd say the only chance we have of retaining Fofana would be if City think he would benefit from another year out on loan or (whisper it softly) he was part of a Roberts deal (they can't keep hold of everybody - or can they?).
Ideally we should send them into the Motspur Park laboratory and combine the attributes of both, although with our luck we'd get Roberts' physique and Fofana's control.

I would have thought that, with Friend's dismissal on Sat, Boro would have recalled Husband at once. As that doeesn't seem to have happened, there might be a chance we could retain him.

Guthrie seems to be a poor man's Danny Murphy (maybe with a suspect engine). I'm sure we could keep him and he could do a decent job (as he has done so far) if we can't land anything better.

I don't see any much point in going further with Richards. Not too bad, but no significant improvement on anything we've already got.

filham

Shouldn't Stafylidis also be on the list, I thought he was here on a 12month loan from the beginning of the season.

epsomraver

I understood that Guthrie is retiring at the end of this season

Oakeshott

Interesting quote from Turner from one of today's press pieces on the relevant thread:

"It will be a tough game away at Norwich but another game where we can just go and express ourselves, so it's one to look forward to I think."

Assuming it is reported correctly, and given that he is on load from Norwich, the "we can go and express ourselves" suggests he may be seeing himself as a Fulham player in future. If so, I for one would welcome him coming permanently.

cmg

Quote from: epsomraver on April 28, 2015, 11:39:38 AM

You may be thinking of Richard Lee, ER. The keeper that came at the same time.

Guthrie's only 27 and, although he does look quite knackered from time to time, has probably got a few seasons left in him.

Quote from: Oakeshott on April 28, 2015, 11:43:51 AM
Interesting quote from Turner from one of today's press pieces on the relevant thread:

"It will be a tough game away at Norwich but another game where we can just go and express ourselves, so it's one to look forward to I think."

Assuming it is reported correctly, and given that he is on load from Norwich, the "we can go and express ourselves" suggests he may be seeing himself as a Fulham player in future. If so, I for one would welcome him coming permanently.

I noticed that, too. It struck me that a loaned footballer's life can be a bit schizophrenic.

epsomraver

Quote from: cmg on April 28, 2015, 11:54:29 AM
Quote from: epsomraver on April 28, 2015, 11:39:38 AM

You may be thinking of Richard Lee, ER. The keeper that came at the same time.

Guthrie's only 27 and, although he does look quite knackered from time to time, has probably got a few seasons left in him.

Quote from: Oakeshott on April 28, 2015, 11:43:51 AM

I noticed that, too. It struck me that a loaned footballer's life can be a bit schizophrenic.

I stand corrected

MJG

If you look at how the best teams in this league have played they have moved away from 442 (as the teams last year setup) towards a 433/451 type formation. The basis of it being 3 in the middle, 1 up top and 2 wide men.
Looking at the loanees we had who would we benefit from having come back?
Guthrie-Yes, combined with LVC and a proper holding midfielder that could be a useful trio. Sign for free.
Fofana-Yes as another option because he gives us something we dont have in the other players. He covers ground quickly and is young and athletic. Season long loan
Husband-Yes, has done well and although the club insiders rate Kavanagh I'm not so sure he is the answer at LB. Sign if possible.
Staflydis -No. Had promose but now I think would be a waste of money that could be spent elsewhere. May go on to be a really good player, but falls asleep too much.
Turner-50/50. My question is who do you pair him with? I dont rate Hutchinson, Bodurov looks good but is he? Burn I like and together they helped us get this run started. Do you stick with these four if possible?
Richards-Absolutely not. I'll drive him back over the River Seven if needed.