more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Tactical ineptitude

Started by Max Headroom, April 25, 2015, 06:20:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChesterTheTabby

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 25, 2015, 10:39:50 PM
Look, Kit Symons inherited a club/squad in pretty much total disarray.  If you factor the games he's managed and apply it across the season we would now be in 10th place with 60 points.  That's not at all bad for a rookie manager and an unbalanced bunch of players.

Many supporters seem to miss these positive statistics. This is Kit's FIRST EVER attempt at being a proper first team manager. What did people expect, a Fergie or Mourinho?
Someone once asked me, "Why Fulham?".
My response, "Well, lad, you just haven't seen the light yet"

JDH101

Quote from: maoconnor on April 25, 2015, 10:52:33 PM
Look, Kit Symons inherited a club/squad in pretty much total disarray.  If you factor the games he's managed and apply it across the season we would now be in 10th place with 60 points.  That's not at all bad for a rookie manager and an unbalanced bunch of players.

Many supporters seem to miss these positive statistics. This is Kit's FIRST EVER attempt at being a proper first team manager. What did people expect, a Fergie or Mourinho?

Sorry, I didn't realise we were just a test ground for people to come out and give management a go. When did that memo get sent out?

Southcoastffc

Quote from: JDH101 on April 25, 2015, 10:58:48 PM
Look, Kit Symons inherited a club/squad in pretty much total disarray.  If you factor the games he's managed and apply it across the season we would now be in 10th place with 60 points.  That's not at all bad for a rookie manager and an unbalanced bunch of players.

Sorry, I didn't realise we were just a test ground for people to come out and give management a go. When did that memo get sent out?
Don't let facts confuse things eh?
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

YankeeJim

I think he is brilliant. Who would have planned for that last play other than Kit. He set the trap and sprung it when they brought the keeper up.

Well, it makes as much sense as most of these posts. Red Nose wouldn't have this lot much higher. If you don't have the bods, you can't  make the plays.
Now, no one mention all the goals off corners and my comments make sense. That is a coachable issue.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

SouthIslandWhite

1500.gifThe big worry for me is allowing 2 goals late when we are up a man at home.

What does that mean/indicate exactly? 
There is only one Fulham Football Club.

RaySmith

WELL DONE KIT SYMONS AND THE FULHAM TEAM - HE TOOK OVER WHEN WE SEEMED DOOMED TO A SECOND SUCCESSIVE RELEGATION, AND IMMEDIATELY TURNED IT ROUND.

YES, THERE WERE BLIPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT THE TEAM BATTLED, ENDURED, GROUND OUT SOME VERY IMPORTANT RESULTS, AND FINISHED THE SEASON WITH A HOME TRIUMPH.

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  082.gif 082.gif

Lighthouse

It was a week ago that we started a Saturday still with an outside danger of going down. Now we are 11 points clear of relegation after a thrilling game against a promotion chasing side.

Silly game.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

BishopsParkFantastic

Quote from: Max Headroom on April 25, 2015, 06:20:39 PM
I have to say that I am completely staggered by the lack of tactical ability from Kit

1. The starting line up included five players (Turner, Richards, Guthrie, Ruiz, and Rodellega) who won't be there next season.
2. 3-1 up with them down to ten men and we didn't press the destroy button. Perfect opportunity to have Roberts run at them.
3. What did Smith do to deserve to be dropped for Rodellega, who did nothing to impress.
4. I don't get Kavanagh and Tunnicliffe in midfield. Our woeful defending comes from a woeful midfield.
5. Ruiz was the class act on the pitch. Why has he not been starting and why was he taken off today when the game was opening up. A type of game that suits him.
6. Bettinelli had a mare, particularly for their third. But I will forgive him as he has saved us too often this season.
7. No subs apart from Guthrie who was about to be sent off until very late in the game.
8. No animation or coaching at all fro Symins during the game.
9. The midfield has been our problem this season, not stopping their midfield running forward making our defence look bad, and also no movement meaning all the dance can do is lump the ball forward.
10. How come when we are 3-1 up we still play with no confidence.
11. Why Hoogland ahead of Grimmer?
12. Their left back was sent off. We are winning 3-1. We have a fantastically talented right winger on the bench. 1+1 = lets play it safe.
13. At least today we only picked 8 defensive players rather than 9.....

Today was much better, but we are safe and we should have given some youngsters ago. What about Plumain? Roberts? Even Evans at left back. No adventure. Very conservative. Shame on you.

I say this cos I love Fulham. Today's game was incredibly exciting, and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but next season I want us to go up!

I agree with Max Headroom's post. The first half was dreadful from both sides. We lacked intelligence and heart in our play (too many loan players who may not be with us next season). The second half opened up because 'boro raised the tempo and committed more players forward  - this gave us more space to play in. I can assure people on this board that other supporters thought the same as Max Headroom as well.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on April 26, 2015, 11:53:04 PM
Quote from: RaySmith on April 26, 2015, 12:04:59 AM
WELL DONE KIT SYMONS AND THE FULHAM TEAM - HE TOOK OVER WHEN WE SEEMED DOOMED TO A SECOND SUCCESSIVE RELEGATION, AND IMMEDIATELY TURNED IT ROUND.

YES, THERE WERE BLIPS ALONG THE WAY, BUT THE TEAM BATTLED, ENDURED, GROUND OUT SOME VERY IMPORTANT RESULTS, AND FINISHED THE SEASON WITH A HOME TRIUMPH.

COYW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  082.gif 082.gif

I wish I had a fiver for every time a someone mentioned the word DOOMED !  I could have retired ages a go.
I wonder if anyone can tell me who started this word DOOMED !
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7RIgs3eygo
065.gif

Ordar

We were hardly doomed when he took over, we were 4 points from safety.

Our total inability to prevent long range shots and crosses, not to mention total inability to defend crosses and set plays are all tactical and coaching issues. We've got experienced centre backs and they seem to have had defending coached out of them.

I'm also worried about how many long range shots Bettinelli is conceding. Not sure if it's a concentration or a positional issue.

3-1 against 10 men, the game should be over. We only won the game because Boro felt they had to and sent their keeper up

snarks

Quote from: Ordar on April 27, 2015, 08:52:12 AM
We were hardly doomed when he took over, we were 4 points from safety.

Our total inability to prevent long range shots and crosses, not to mention total inability to defend crosses and set plays are all tactical and coaching issues. We've got experienced centre backs and they seem to have had defending coached out of them.

I'm also worried about how many long range shots Bettinelli is conceding. Not sure if it's a concentration or a positional issue.

3-1 against 10 men, the game should be over. We only won the game because Boro felt they had to and sent their keeper up

The 4 points from safety is not a good argument, Fulham were below blackpool, wigan, rotherham, brighton, reading, bolton and millwall.

Fulham are not being relegated, whilst under Felix, the team may be about equal with Blackpool. Lets not forget from the start of the season up until he was sacked, felix had played 27 different players, including 3 different goalkeepers in a grand total of 8 competative fixtures. Kit has done what was required, stabalise the ship, avoid relegation.

The one thing that is not in dispute is that the defending at set pieces is appalling, and that has to be sorted out.

mikestrand

If we had won our first 6/7 games of the season we still would not have made the play offs. Sobering thought

cmg

Quote from: mikestrand on April 27, 2015, 10:09:33 AM
If we had won our first 6/7 games of the season we still would not have made the play offs. Sobering thought

Errrr....I don't think that logic works....If we had won our first 6/7  games it would have meant we had a damn good side, or at least, one playing very well. Felix wouldn't have been sacked and.............well, who knows?

Southdowns White

If we had won 4-0 on saturday it would have only shown how wrong our management team have got it this season and only enforced my wish at this moment for Kit to leave his Job, as it was we were lucky to get the win against 10 men.
You can't hide from or forget the terrible football we have all witnessed this season, you can blame players until you're blue in the face but at some point our questions have to come back to the manager. I am 100% sure that even with only a few changes over the summer Kit could move us up to at least mid table at worst next season, for me at this time though a change of manager is the only way forward and hopefully someone with a knowledge of the championship and what it entails to get a team to the top of it. I wish Kit every success in the future and would love him to stay at the club and learn under a new manager as i believe he is Fulham through and through.

Wolf

Quote from: JDH101 on April 25, 2015, 10:58:48 PM

That memo got sent out when a mawkish majority of supporters insisted upon a "Fulham-man" getting the top job. Rather than a non Fulham-man like Gary Rowett, Karl Robinson, Neil Lennon, Alex Neil etc.

Is Danny Murphy next in line for a 'go' still?
Hates: the Hounslow maggots

sunburywhite

1. The starting line up included five players (Turner, Richards, Guthrie, Ruiz, and Rodellega) who won't be there next season.

5. Ruiz was the class act on the pitch. Why has he not been starting and why was he taken off today when the game was opening up. A type of game that suits him.

You contradict yourself
One minute you don't want Ruiz, next minute you say he is a class act.
Should we only put out the players who will be here next season or should we put out the best side?
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Fulham1959

If we had finished 7th, 10th, 14th or 17th this season, it would all be the same in the History Of Fulham.

This season has been a sobering one for all involved especially considering our status this century.  It has been a learning curve for Kit, too.  I expect there will be much reflection on his part, once the season is over.

I want Kit to stay but I want the Club to come out with a clearly stated "mission statement" as to future direction.  MAF threw money at it and it worked.  Maybe it can work again.

By the way, what was Roy's record in the season he joined us, compared with Kit's ?

mikestrand

Quote from: JDH101 on April 25, 2015, 10:47:29 PM
Quote from: Max Headroom on April 25, 2015, 08:08:51 PM
We were discussing how many new players we needed to challenge for promotion next season. I said LVC back, two of Hyndman, Roberts or Williams to kick on, another central midfielder and confidence. We have the players to do well. Just lacking in confidence.

This is a joke right? We need an entire new back four and an entire new midfield.
:plus one: lets go and do what smaller potless clubs have to do and stick with a rookie boss
Lets throw away twenty years of building the club and fanbase.
A staggering lack of ambition that will be regretted for years to come

cmg

Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 27, 2015, 11:53:18 AM

By the way, what was Roy's record in the season he joined us, compared with Kit's ?

A rather well timed question as Kit has been in charge for 38 matches - exactly the same as Roy's first season.

Roy: p38  w12  d10  l16  ppm 1.21 [PL]
Kit:  p38  w14  d 9   l15  ppm 1.34 [Ch]

mikestrand

Quote from: cmg on April 27, 2015, 01:10:13 PM
Quote from: Fulham1959 on April 27, 2015, 11:53:18 AM

A rather well timed question as Kit has been in charge for 38 matches - exactly the same as Roy's first season.

Roy: p38  w12  d10  l16  ppm 1.21 [PL]
Kit:  p38  w14  d 9   l15  ppm 1.34 [Ch]
well done fellas a win double on the twisted logic  front, honestly comparing mid table in the premier to mid table in the championship