watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormacks 4th goal

Started by Wearethewhites, April 26, 2015, 10:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wearethewhites

When running half the length of the pitch, who is the player to his right that he's waving to, desperately trying to set up? If you look at the video, Ross is unselfishly looking to give that goal to someone else, but they don't arrive in time, or look interested. A real professional that is.

Roberty

Maybe he was trying to distract the goal keeper?
It could be better but it's real life and not a fantasy

cookieg

It looked to me as if the player was waving McCormack on to score on his own.

H4usuallysitting

It was Tunni......I think he ran out of breath

J.Perkins

It was Tunnicliffe running along side. I saw him indicate to Ross to go for it, but he should have been right up side him, an option to square it. They had words in the celebration, but it just shows how much Tunni lacks in confidence going forward.

Southcoastffc

Ross M on the club site says:
"When I was running through one-on-one, Tunnicliffe was on my right hand side so I was saying you come up and I'll square it and you can get your first goal. But he was like 'no,no, no, no!' He was shouting away while I'm running, 'you get your hat-trick' so that was nice of him. But like I say I was just pleased with a win."

Interesting insight into player relationships that he refers to him as 'Tunnicliffe', not Tunny or Ryan.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

fulhamben

Quote from: Southcoastffc on April 26, 2015, 11:58:31 AM
Ross M on the club site says:
"When I was running through one-on-one, Tunnicliffe was on my right hand side so I was saying you come up and I'll square it and you can get your first goal. But he was like 'no,no, no, no!' He was shouting away while I'm running, 'you get your hat-trick' so that was nice of him. But like I say I was just pleased with a win."

Interesting insight into player relationships that he refers to him as 'Tunnicliffe', not Tunny or Ryan.
surnames are the standard way of talking about footballers. He might well use a nickname for Ryan, but choose not to in an interview
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

FPT

Ross is one of the more unselfish players we've had in a long while - he's very reasoned with his decision making.

BestOfBrede

Quote from: FPT on April 26, 2015, 12:23:37 PM
Ross is one of the more unselfish players we've had in a long while - he's very reasoned with his decision making.
He reminds me of McBride - fantastic, hard working professional!

Lighthouse

Ross says he was tired and has been carrying  a knee injury for many weeks. He wanted to pass to Tunnicliffe but Tunnii said 'go for the hat trick'. I have a feeling neither wanted the responsibility. But clearly Ross despite his tiredness and injury was best qualified to take it on.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

snarks

Tunni makes some real lung busting <cliche - dues paid> runs! he was alongside fof at Huddersfield too. He works better in the middle of a flat 4.

RaySmith

I think Tunni made the run because he is such a good , hard working pro, but probably hoped Ross would take the chance on himself, because he lacks confidence, and it was big responsibility.

Good of Ross to make the offer though-says a lot about him.

SP

Just watched the highlights & Ross does so well to beat the Boro defender twice before rounding the keeper.

hovewhite

A really great finish from a model pro and for me our player of the season.

leonffc

I wanted to ask this but I can't find out how to start new topics from the new tapatalk!!

In real time, Ross was desperate for {Tunnicliffe?} to get alongside him, you could see him beckoning him to make it harder for the keeper to make a decision. In the end, he just gave up and that was selfish IMO. If Ross had messed that up or the keeper had made a good save we'd all be blaming Ross where in reality it would have been tunnicliffes fault but thankfully he did brilliantly.
I'm not sure why he did it though. Confidence or energy? I doubt it. When Fofana ran the length of the pitch to score the other week wasn't it Tunnicliffe desperately trying to get up alongside him to offer support in the last minute?

westcliff white

i dont think tunni lacks confidence, in one chat with the manager he expressed his feelings very freely. I watched the highlights when I got hom and to me it lokoed very clear that he was syaing your on a hatrick finish it off. They had a chat after and it seemd quite cordial, nice of Ross to try and get him a goal but also nice on Tunnis part, Tunni knows his role in the team for sure
Every day is a Fulham day

Max Headroom

I think tunnicliffe plays a role if we had a bit more talent elsewhere in midfield (Ruiz excepted). He is limited, but runs and runs and runs......

westcliff white

I think his best position is in a midfield for or playing just in front if the back 4
Every day is a Fulham day

leonffc

Quote from: westcliff white on April 26, 2015, 08:48:42 PM
i dont think tunni lacks confidence, in one chat with the manager he expressed his feelings very freely. I watched the highlights when I got hom and to me it lokoed very clear that he was syaing your on a hatrick finish it off. They had a chat after and it seemd quite cordial, nice of Ross to try and get him a goal but also nice on Tunnis part, Tunni knows his role in the team for sure

I think Ross would have liked him there as a decoy if nothing else. 2 on 1 is a lot easier. 1 on 1 is a battle of nerves and a hint of luck

HV71

quote author=westcliff white link=topic=47373.msg666205#msg666205 date=1430080357]
I think his best position is in a midfield for or playing just in front if the back 4
[/quote]

Very very good
:Haynes The Maestro: