more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Ross McCormacks 4th goal

Started by Wearethewhites, April 26, 2015, 10:22:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaySmith

Quote from: westcliff white on April 26, 2015, 08:48:42 PM
i dont think tunni lacks confidence, in one chat with the manager he expressed his feelings very freely. I watched the highlights when I got hom and to me it lokoed very clear that he was syaing your on a hatrick finish it off. They had a chat after and it seemd quite cordial, nice of Ross to try and get him a goal but also nice on Tunnis part, Tunni knows his role in the team for sure

I meant in front of goal he might lack confidence. He has often got himself into scoring positions but either passed the ball, or snatched his shot.

But it's true that he probably thought Ross was better equipped to go on and score with his record, as well as being on a hat-trick, and the chance wasn't as easy as it looked -how many times has a Fulham player missed such an 'easy' chance.

Ross also did well to gain possession and go on the run clear in the first place, but Tunni's run meant he was there as an option and back up, and, importantly, as a decoy-good, unselfish play by him.

But I wasn't trying to suggest that there was any animosity between Ross and Tunni - why would there be?

westcliff white

Agree Ray I dont think the is any or should be any. I may have misread your comments but agree with your post above as that is how I saw it.
Every day is a Fulham day

Black, White and Fred

I like Tunnicliffe a lot. Works hard for the team and played through the middle would be a much better Sidwell. This year he has had the thankless task of filling LVC's boots and playing out of position, but still never moans or stops running.
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

westcliff white

Quote from: HV71 on April 26, 2015, 10:31:14 PM
quote author=westcliff white link=topic=47373.msg666205#msg666205 date=1430080357]
I think his best position is in a midfield for or playing just in front if the back 4

Very very good
:Haynes The Maestro:
[/quote]
My point being is he always seems to be on the right or left of a diamond and I do not think that suits him. Should be the base of the diamond on in a flat 4 across the park
Every day is a Fulham day

alfie

I don't get why people are making more out of this that there is to make, Ross said quite clearly that Tunniclliffe told him to go for his hat trick, why is that such a big thing.

Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Bronaldinho

Quote from: alfie on April 28, 2015, 08:01:58 AM
I don't get why people are making more out of this that there is to make, Ross said quite clearly that Tunniclliffe told him to go for his hat trick, why is that such a big thing.

People are looking at it in terms of: If Ross misses that chance, the game ends 3-3 and we lose 2 points. If Tunners then runs alongside him even as a backup option, the goal stands whoever scores it.

Ross is being unselfish and that's incredibly generous considering he was on for the hat-trick that late on in the game and it being that crucial.

I think it's credit to the squad harmony that they are that considerate for each other.

Plus, long story short - If we had something to play for, I'm pretty sure Tunners would have done the running for the goal. He did at Hudders to support Fofana.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

alfie

Quote from: Bronaldinho on April 28, 2015, 11:26:42 AM
Quote from: alfie on April 28, 2015, 08:01:58 AM

People are looking at it in terms of: If Ross misses that chance, the game ends 3-3 and we lose 2 points. If Tunners then runs alongside him even as a backup option, the goal stands whoever scores it.

Ross is being unselfish and that's incredibly generous considering he was on for the hat-trick that late on in the game and it being that crucial.

I think it's credit to the squad harmony that they are that considerate for each other.

Plus, long story short - If we had something to play for, I'm pretty sure Tunners would have done the running for the goal. He did at Hudders to support Fofana.

that is quite correct but he did not miss, so it is a non story, have a go a moan about it if he did miss but he didn't
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

Dodger53

Watching the video again I am really disappointed with how Richards gave up at the half way line and Tunni turned away long before a goal was certain. They should both have chased after Mc in case his effort when tits up. Poor for proffesional players. On a side note: watching some of the many chefs programs on telly it seems young pro chefs and footballers are schooled in talking themselves up when what they produce is unappetising.

Bronaldinho

Quote from: Dodger53 on April 29, 2015, 09:49:24 AM
Watching the video again I am really disappointed with how Richards gave up at the half way line and Tunni turned away long before a goal was certain. They should both have chased after Mc in case his effort when tits up. Poor for proffesional players. On a side note: watching some of the many chefs programs on telly it seems young pro chefs and footballers are schooled in talking themselves up when what they produce is unappetising.

He done it against Hudders when there was something to play for. He put belief in McCormack with the last kick of the game.

Non story, leave it at that.

If anything, take it as a positive that the players have faith in McCormack, especially as he was captain.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com

cmg

Personally I thought that Bettinelli should have been on hand rather than lazily assuming his job for the day was done (I note he was wearing gloves, too). Symons, too should have been there, hands out of pockets, clipboard in hand, jumping up and down and bawling last minute instructions. What are these people paid for?

To stop this kind of disaster recurring we should, in future, avoid scoring at all.