watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rod and LVC

Started by Snibbo, April 27, 2015, 06:03:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snibbo

Just came across this compilation of highlight of LVC, goals and assists, this season.

https://youtu.be/GlrYH9Tn6DY

What stands out is how Rodallega is involved in almost every one of these highlights with LVC, either scoring or assisting. Once LVC got injured, Rod's goals dried up. They were playing really well together.  Based on the highlights of the Boro game (yes, dangerous I know), it looked like Rod played well and had a good partnership with Ross.

So, perhaps worth keeping Rod next season, at least as a good backup to Smith?

OdecaMynoT

LVC;Stand out player of the season even though he's missed a big chunk of it through injury.

The team should be built around him.

His goal against Sheffield Wednesday was as good as Kasami's in terms of skill level.

Top player.
D'er idee thic s'portin' Farlhum domajis d'er bloin iz two my moind obsquired.

WestCountryWhite

Quote from: Snibbo on April 27, 2015, 06:03:26 AM
Just came across this compilation of highlight of LVC, goals and assists, this season.

What stands out is how Rodallega is involved in almost every one of these highlights with LVC, either scoring or assisting. Once LVC got injured, Rod's goals dried up. They were playing really well together.  Based on the highlights of the Boro game (yes, dangerous I know), it looked like Rod played well and had a good partnership with Ross.

So, perhaps worth keeping Rod next season, at least as a good backup to Smith?

I do like Rod but he just isn't clinical enough yes he is in the positions but he wastes so many opportunities. I'm not sure whether the highlights showed it but he sent two headers from 6 yards out in to row Z and I'm being generous with one which was possibly 3 yards out.

What Saturday did show us is that a mobile forward alongside Mccormack is the way forward and Smith a plan B. Someone who can run the channels and gives us a threat in behind which Smith doesn't. Unfortunately with Smith just like Peter Crouch when he's in the team everyone feels the need to put every ball up in the air. We kept the ball down alot more Saturday and with it played some of the best football of the season

One thing that really stood out for me was how much Guthrie was an improvement on Parker in the position just in front of the back four. Unfortunately Parker isn't mobile enough anymore and I thought Guthrie was all over the place and read the game very well.

westcliff white

I didnt think rodders played over well against Boro, a decent shot that was well saved in the first half, some good runs, but overall poor control and iffy distribution and 2 woeful headers from inside 12 yards, one over wide and went out near the corner flag and the other over the bar from around 7 yards from a Ross free kick.

Every day is a Fulham day

cmg

Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 27, 2015, 08:31:17 AM

I do like Rod but he just isn't clinical enough yes he is in the positions but he wastes so many opportunities. I'm not sure whether the highlights showed it but he sent two headers from 6 yards out in to row Z and I'm being generous with one which was possibly 3 yards out.

What Saturday did show us is that a mobile forward alongside Mccormack is the way forward and Smith a plan B. Someone who can run the channels and gives us a threat in behind which Smith doesn't. Unfortunately with Smith just like Peter Crouch when he's in the team everyone feels the need to put every ball up in the air. We kept the ball down alot more Saturday and with it played some of the best football of the season

One thing that really stood out for me was how much Guthrie was an improvement on Parker in the position just in front of the back four. Unfortunately Parker isn't mobile enough anymore and I thought Guthrie was all over the place and read the game very well.

Excellent summary (= I agree with it!)

Guthrie's interesting isn't he? He doesn't seem super fit, but he does get around. He's not supremely talented - he's kind of a poor man's Murphy. But it makes a hell of a difference to have someone who can see and execute a pass. Unlike Husband (who 'Boro will presumably want back now anyway) and Fofana, I'd guess he would be reasonably cheap and easy to secure. If we are not sure of the Hyndman/LVC outcome and are not prepared to spend the kind of money required for a really top of the range playmaker (supposing one can be found) then Guthrie could be a decent option.

Apprentice to the Maestro

Quote from: Snibbo on April 27, 2015, 06:03:26 AM

What stands out is how Rodallega is involved in almost every one of these highlights with LVC, either scoring or assisting. Once LVC got injured, Rod's goals dried up. They were playing really well together.  Based on the highlights of the Boro game (yes, dangerous I know), it looked like Rod played well and had a good partnership with Ross.

So, perhaps worth keeping Rod next season, at least as a good backup to Smith.

You make a very interesting point about partnerships. Too often we have looked like a team of eleven individuals who had just met each other whereas successfull teams have partnerships of two or three players who often work together (think Hangeland and Hughes, Murphy and Etuhu, etc.).

We have had little of that this season with McCormack and Smith the best we can offer. Partly this has been down to the high number of players used and their regular turnover.

The other thing that is noticeable from the video is how often LVC runs at the opposition. We have missed this important other option to our play.

J.Perkins

I really like Hugo as a professional, he clearly has a lot of time for the fans, and he always gives his all. However, he goes through patches. Him and Christensen were on their best form at the same time, and it was great to watch. However, Hugo went disastrously off form, and when he's not scoring, he doesn't offer much. I would keep Hugo as a squad player, but I do expect him to leave. LVC will be one of our main men next season, I hope he has a good fitness program over the summer.

bill taylors apprentice

Rodders is on too much money to renew his contract, assuming we wanted him and LVC needs to have his contract extended asap.

nose

Quote from: cmg on April 27, 2015, 08:56:11 AM
Quote from: WestCountryWhite on April 27, 2015, 08:31:17 AM

Excellent summary (= I agree with it!)

Guthrie's interesting isn't he? He doesn't seem super fit, but he does get around. He's not supremely talented - he's kind of a poor man's Murphy. But it makes a hell of a difference to have someone who can see and execute a pass. Unlike Husband (who 'Boro will presumably want back now anyway) and Fofana, I'd guess he would be reasonably cheap and easy to secure. If we are not sure of the Hyndman/LVC outcome and are not prepared to spend the kind of money required for a really top of the range playmaker (supposing one can be found) then Guthrie could be a decent option.

I like guthrie and i suspect he isn't fully fit... i am anticipating (if we keep him) a top class player bnext season
I love LVC and it was a shame he got injured and was foolishly rushed back making it worse. hyndman, looks talented but lightweight... i am not certain about him, if he develops physically then he may well become a top player, but he isn't somebody I think we can rely on yet.

I will be happy when fof leaves and a proper player secured.

hovewhite

Rodders indusrious at best,guthrie should be our first signing soon as ,he seems to offer more in thepassing and creating from midfield.Lvc a great season upto theinjury and will come again next season.

BearcatFFC

Thanks Snibbo for that link - LVC is truly an amazing talent! I wonder how our season would've looked if he never got injured. Looking back at our results, from Kit's first game in charge (vs Blackburn), we went 9-4-3 in the league before LVC got injured. Coincidentally, this is when our form plumetted, going 6-11-7 the rest of the season. Kit never found the replacement for LVC's tenacity in the center, fearlessly taking the attack right at the other team. I made the trip over from the states to watch the Huddersfield home match (still remember LVC's go-ahead goal hitting the back of the net 3 rows in front of me in the driving rain!), and got to witness his ability firsthand. I do think it would've been a far different season with him consistently in the first team, as Kit seemed to have a better grasp on the team with LVC on the field. I wouldn't be too uoset to see Kit be replaced by a competent experienced manager, but also wouldn't be roo upset seeing him have another go with a healthy LVC and better suupporting cast. Anyone else feel the same?

JackyFulham90

I like Rodallega. I think he should be moves on though we need a striker with more quality but if the club extended his deal I wouldn't be too upset he is a decent option to have in the squad

westcliff white

i would not be pleased if we extended his deal, his goal return is poor and his salry is ridiculous, he would need to take a 50% pay cut to make it worth while in my mind
Every day is a Fulham day

..Kya.ffc..

I does bring a big smile to my face after it being a season where smiles are/where hard to come by.

He did amazing, finally showed what he does for the Danish u21's where he as far as I remember was top goal score in the qualifier for this summer.
If he does not have to carry to much "weight" next season and get well over his injury he will be massive!

Already looking forward to watching him again, - get well in time :)
---
On Hugo, I love the guy, though not for his finishing but the personality. He cares and I am a sucker for players who show they care and show passion in a good way!
However it is time to say our goodbyes an I do wish him well, but we need someone who is lethal enough to score 2/3, 80% chances and that is not Hugo.
Beers may have been involved in this post.

jms

Quote from: OdecaMynoT on April 27, 2015, 07:15:14 AM
LVC;Stand out player of the season even though he's missed a big chunk of it through injury.

The team should be built around him.

His goal against Sheffield Wednesday was as good as Kasami's in terms of skill level.

Top player.

:plus one: :plus one: