News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Who was the last player we had who scored 20+ goals?

Started by tonynorton, April 27, 2015, 11:00:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonynorton

I know he has only scored 19 but he has played out of position, no consistent partner and poor services?

How did Bobby z get?

For a below average season from the whole club I think he has done well.

dannyboi-ffc

Saha in the promotion year. He scored 33 I think and was the countries top scorer that season. Or it might be Dempsey in that season he was on fire and got 23 or there abouts.

In the premier league era only 5 or 6 players scored 20 goals or more altogether let alone one season.

Dempsey
Mcbride
Steed
Boa
Collins John

And thinking about it maybe Saha. But I dont even think including europa Zamora or Gera reached 20 anyway.

And to be fair to the prem players even though Ross has played out of position he isnt coming up against the likes of Utd and Arsenal (cant swear and say Chel###). And he also has had 8 more games than they all had so its a great achievement but shouldnt overshadow a15 goal prem season if that makes sense
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

kdjr100

Zamora scored 19 goals in total 2009-10
Dempsey got 23 goals in total in 2011-12
Saha got 22 goals in 2003-04 although 7 were for United. Had he stayed at Fulham he would have been well on course to hit 25+ imo
The most mcbride ever got in a season was 12 in 2006-07

But yeah great effort by Ross
"and there's a tidal wave on the Thames!"

hovewhite

well done ross and theres still Norwich to come so could hit 20.

WhiteJC

the thing with Ross is it isn't just about goals, with his work rate and assists he has been a great player for us in an otherwise dreadful season

westcliff white

ross has 17 champ goals so will need a hatrick to get 20 league goals
Every day is a Fulham day

tonynorton

Not a bad year for him considering the season we have had to then.

EJL

Quote from: westcliff white on April 27, 2015, 01:38:42 PM

Challenge accepted

westcliff white

Quote from: EJL on April 27, 2015, 05:50:44 PM
Quote from: westcliff white on April 27, 2015, 01:38:42 PM

Challenge accepted
would be a great way to end the season 2 hatricks in 2 games and us showing we can compete
Every day is a Fulham day

tommy

Black, White and Fred

Quote from: tommy on April 28, 2015, 12:02:59 AM
Collins John? Really.

My thoughts exactly, you may have heard my jaw hit the floor....
'A casual stroll through the lunatic asylum shows that faith does not prove anything.'

Friedrich Nietzsche

3rd Gen Fulham Fan since 1996

dannyboi-ffc

Collins John is on that list as one of our top goalscorers in the prem era. I was surprised too. Not that he ever got more than say 12 in one season for arguments sake but over his career with us he scored 20 plus league goals.

Dempsey has about 50- what a return!
Mcbride and steed share something like 42.
Boa has around 25.
John has 20 I think.

Saha might be on that list and possibly Berbatov. I cant remember how many berba added after the 15 in the first season. He might fall just short like zamora.

Collins John ay? What a great question that would be for a fulham quiz. Who are the top 5 prem scorers. No one would have got it lol
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

filham

Ross has been great this season but can you imagine how good he would be played regularly up front with good service from behind and wide.

Bronaldinho

Have to admit, I've been critical of Guthrie since he joined but he does look similar to Murphy in his playstyle. If we do sign him up a strong pre-season to improve his fitness will be very beneficial to our side.

With Tunnicliffe anchoring and replacing Parker and Guthrie supporting him in a Murphy-esque role, LVC will be allowed to be more creative and roam.

So maybe there is positivity on the horizon?

Ross is outrageous and has been worth every penny, it's scary to imagine he's scored and assisted so many in a lacklustre side this season. With a strong performing midfield behind him, he could be a 30 goal man.
@ABronsSmith

Author of 'The Craven Corner' blog - Hosted in the matchday programme, SB Nation & thecravencorner.wordpress.com