News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Would you swap Roberts for Fofana +cash?

Started by Domino 1879, April 27, 2015, 01:39:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Domino 1879

Report in Mirror suggests Man City after Pat.
Would you do a deal involving Fofana?
After all everyone has their price.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/patrick-roberts-manchester-city-radar-5584028?

Sgt Fulham

No thanks. I'd still take Fofana if a pair price was decides upon though.

Huxley

Yes, Fofana plus 8 mil cash. Neither is the finished product but Fofana would more suited for the near future. If Roberts signs a contract, no sale. Fofana, if coached correctly will be a devastating player a la Dembele Mk1.

nose

roberst is a class act in the making and his talent plain to see
fof? don't think so... not impressed and and i am happier to spend our money elsewhere.

Domino 1879

I think we may struggle to keep him in all honesty.  He only has one year left and can obviously walk away for nothing in a years time.
For me, Fofana can have more impact now.  Roberts is still a little lightweight and who knows how he may develop.

Best deal for us, if we do sell to Citeh, is to get Fofana and cash (at least £5m).
Alternatively sell for £10m + add ons (appearances etc, + possible loan back.

ToodlesMcToot

All down to whether he decides to sign that contract we've presented him. If he doesn't and we were able to pull a deal like Fofana plus enough cash to sign a fairly high caliber player like Husband, then that would work great in our favor.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

Southcoastffc

I see no reason we would want Fofana.  If we were to buy him - irrespective of any Roberts deal - I would be upset if we gave more than £0.5m.    Roberts on the other hand could command at least £8m.
The world is made up of electrons, protons, neurons, possibly muons and, definitely, morons.

gang

rogerpbackinMidEastUS

I think we should try to hang on to Roberts at all cost.

I'm not convinced he's too lightweight, he's certainly not scared to take on the 'heavies' and try
to weave his way through, and will always draw free kicks and penalties and make telling passes and score goals.  
The lad seems to have it all, we haven't seen him much of him.

I also think he should be a regular next year and his price will rapidly go through the roof.
The lad will be nearing 19, he's not a baby anymore.

Selling him now for 5-10K would be chicken feed even if it includes Fofana who I'm also not convinced about.
If anyone has seen the U21 (I think) against Portugal where he threaded between 3 big defender who just stood there like statues and scored.

Size doesn't always matter

VERY DAFT AND A LOT DAFTER THAN I SEEM, SOMETIMES

Mince n Tatties

Roberts has done absolutely nothing yet to command the money people
are talking about..The money mentioned in the papers is well off I should think it
be down to a lot of things.
There was an idiot on here last summer when Liverpool were sniffing round stating
we should wait a couple of years and get 60 million of Real
or Barca, absolutely Hillarious...Like ive said he hasnt done nothing yet
to command a couple of million fee..Lets wait and see him perform first
before getting carried away..
At the moment I'd say Fofana will become the bigger hit..

alfie

yes I would because I think Fofana has more to offer, I too have not seen anything really that Roberts will make a difference, but of course he will improve.
Story of my life
"I was looking back to see if she was looking back to see if i was looking back at her"
Sadly she wasn't

davew

Quote from: alfie on April 27, 2015, 06:29:02 PM
yes I would because I think Fofana has more to offer, I too have not seen anything really that Roberts will make a difference, but of course he will improve.

+1
Grandson of a Former Director of FFC (served 1954 - 1968)

Denver Fulham

Why would a club pay 8m for a tiny, 18-yo flank player who couldn't even get time for a terrible Championship side this season? It's not like Roberts is a U16 prospect anymore. He's overmatched physically against grown men.

If someone offered Fulham anything close to that, we should bite their hands off.

Jonaldiniho 88

We would be lucky to get 4-5 for him now. He hasn't scored for the first team i don't think, hasn't really stood out in any of the games I have watched for the first team (I'm not that well qualified on that tbh). I have really high hopes for him but fear it won't be with us.

ealex40

Quote from: rogerpinvirginia on April 27, 2015, 05:17:32 PM
I think we should try to hang on to Roberts at all cost.

I'm not convinced he's too lightweight, he's certainly not scared to take on the 'heavies' and try
to weave his way through, and will always draw free kicks and penalties and make telling passes and score goals.  
The lad seems to have it all, we haven't seen him much of him.

I also think he should be a regular next year and his price will rapidly go through the roof.
The lad will be nearing 19, he's not a baby anymore.

Selling him now for 5-10K would be chicken feed even if it includes Fofana who I'm also not convinced about.
If anyone has seen the U21 (I think) against Portugal where he threaded between 3 big defender who just stood there like statues and scored.

Size doesn't always matter

I'm pretty sure you meant 5-10 million.

RaySmith

I suppose Roberts will be going sooner or later, and is still some way to being able to be a first team regular - though the club is obviously nurturing him.

While Forfana, despite his own inexperience, is a player who can play an important roie in the team immediately.

But I can't see City letting him go, and would also be sad to see Roberts go - he will be an immense talent, and it would be good if he stays at Fulham long enough to display it in more than very small doses.