watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Friendsoffulham

Ladies & Gentlemen, it's officially that time of year again where Friends of Fulham enters the Silly Transfer Season of 2015.

This summer, FFC will undoubtedly be linked with every player that the Media can throw at us, young or old, good or rubbish, expensive or cheap, or just as ridiculous as it may sound.

Love it or hate it, and to keep up with every single movement, we have once again opened the Official Silly Season Transfer thread.

The aim, is to keep all Transfer news in one place for everyone to see, so if you hear of any rumors, links, or news about possible FFC transfers, please post them here.

From time to time, we may choose to clean this thread up a bit, as they do generally collect a lot of off topic information.

Please enjoy, and all have a wonderful summer.

Friendsoffulham

Fulham consider summer move for ex-Chelsea winger

Kit Symons' Fulham are considering a summer move for former Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, according to FLW sources.
FLW understands Fulham are targeting a move for Wright-Phillips

FLW understands that the 33-year-old is being targeted by the west London club as a player who will help the club push for promotion next season.

The former Chelsea and Manchester City midfielder currently plies his trade for Premier League strugglers Queens Park Rangers, however has only managed to amass a mere 124 minutes of football this season.

Wright-Phillips has been at QPR since 2011, but has found first-team opportunities increasingly hard to acquire in recent seasons.

The brother of Bradley Wright-Phillips – Shaun is one of the highest earners at QPR so would seemingly need to take a pay cut to join the Cottagers in a deal this summer.

Whether Wright-Phillips will want to take the step down to the Sky Bet Championship is unknown as of yet, but it could be his only opportunity of first-team football.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-consider-summer-move-for-ex-chelsea-winger/

Friendsoffulham

Fulham Eyeing Ando

Fulham are keeping tabs on Town midfielder Paul Anderson, TWTD understands.

The 26-year-old's Blues contract is up at the end of the season, although Town have an option for a further year.

Anderson has been in and out of the Town side this season, making 20 starts and 14 sub appearances, scoring one goal.

The winger, who joined the Blues from Bristol City in a swap deal which saw Jay Emmanuel-Thomas move in the opposite direction in the summer of 2013, was singled out for praise by manager Mick McCarthy<./a> following Saturday's 2-1 home victory over Nottingham Forest.

Also currently due to be out of contract at the end of the season are Elliott Hewitt (although Town have an option for another season), Noel Hunt, Stephen Hunt (but he would automatically get another year if the Blues are promoted), Jay Tabb, Paddy Kenny, Jack Marriott and Anthony Wordsworth.

Loanees Luke Varney and Richard Chaplow will also be out of contract with their parent clubs at the end of the campaign.

http://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news/27335/fulham-eyeing-ando

Bill2

Quote from: Friendsoffulham on May 03, 2015, 11:42:27 AM
Fulham consider summer move for ex-Chelsea winger

Kit Symons' Fulham are considering a summer move for former Chelsea winger Shaun Wright-Phillips, according to FLW sources.

FLW understands that the 33-year-old is being targeted by the west London club as a player who will help the club push for promotion next season.

The former Chelsea and Manchester City midfielder currently plies his trade for Premier League strugglers Queens Park Rangers, however has only managed to amass a mere 124 minutes of football this season.

Wright-Phillips has been at QPR since 2011, but has found first-team opportunities increasingly hard to acquire in recent seasons.

The brother of Bradley Wright-Phillips – Shaun is one of the highest earners at QPR so would seemingly need to take a pay cut to join the Cottagers in a deal this summer.

Whether Wright-Phillips will want to take the step down to the Sky Bet Championship is unknown as of yet, but it could be his only opportunity of first-team football.

http://footballleagueworld.co.uk/fulham-consider-summer-move-for-ex-chelsea-winger/
Please no, cannot get into a poor QPR side, he is too old and past it. :dead horse:

Mince n Tatties

David Marshall....Joey Barton...Jonjo Shelvey..
According to Talkpoop...

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 03, 2015, 12:40:55 PM
According to Talkpoop...

I would take all 3 as long as there's a clause in Bartons contract to leave if he's a pr*ck.

Burt

Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 03, 2015, 01:39:26 PM
According to Talkpoop...

I would take all 3 as long as there's a clause in Bartons contract to leave if he's a pr*ck.

Blimey... He won't be here long then  :dft011:

Northern Cottager

Quote from: Burt on May 03, 2015, 01:44:01 PM
Quote from: Northern Cottager on May 03, 2015, 01:39:26 PM
According to Talkpoop...

Blimey... He won't be here long then  :dft011:

I imagine he'd probably struggle to make it through pre season.

@jolslover

There is no way we could sign any of those 3 players. Shelvey starts most games for Swansea and has done very well for them this season. No reason he would join Fulham
STH H3

cmg

Excellent. I always look forward to this bi-annual feature. There has been so much rubbish posted on these pages these last few months that it will be nice to see the opening of an officially approved garbage bin.

I suppose we can't expect some of the high-class flights of fancy of previous years, although I see we have already kicked-off with the barrel scrapings.

I think my favourite from a couple of years ago was when we were solemnly assured that Thiago Alcantara was on his way. He got injured soon after making the baffling decision to go to Bayern instead, but will be seen out this week against Barca.

Although I also liked the rumour that we would get hold of that Central American guy, forget his name now, whose 24 goals and superb creative play had propelled FC Twente to a rare Dutch championship. As if!

Craven Mad

Who the hell linked us to Shelvey?? He's an established prem player coming into his prime - no chance he's coming to us or any other Championship club for that matter..

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: cmg on May 03, 2015, 02:37:38 PM
Excellent. I always look forward to this bi-annual feature. There has been so much rubbish posted on these pages these last few months that it will be nice to see the opening of an officially approved garbage bin.
I suppose we can't expect some of the high-class flights of fancy of previous years, although I see we have already kicked-off with the barrel scrapings.

I think my favourite from a couple of years ago was when we were solemnly assured that Thiago Alcantara was on his way. He got injured soon after making the baffling decision to go to Bayern instead, but will be seen out this week against Barca.

Although I also liked the rumour that we would get hold of that Central American guy, forget his name now, whose 24 goals and superb creative play had propelled FC Twente to a rare Dutch championship. As if!

Your Correct Sir, but its good for a laugh... :005:

DevonFFC

Quote from: @jolslover on May 03, 2015, 02:19:13 PM
There is no way we could sign any of those 3 players. Shelvey starts most games for Swansea and has done very well for them this season. No reason he would join Fulham

Shelvey has a massive attitude problem and my mate who is a swans fan has said on numerous occasions he is behind quite a few back room bust ups. Likes to think of himself as the big fish, I would be more than happy to spend some wages and catch ourselves a fish of shelvey's size

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mince n Tatties

Quote from: Craven Mad on May 03, 2015, 02:53:53 PM
Who the hell linked us to Shelvey?? He's an established prem player coming into his prime - no chance he's coming to us or any other Championship club for that matter..

Talkpoop, think Hilda the tealady was gosipping with her that
makes Brazils morning cuppa...

Fernhurst

Barton,Marshell and Shelby----- what a midfield trio

It would match our most famous:

Freeman Hardy and Lewis
The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Craven Mad

Quote from: Mince n Tatties on May 03, 2015, 03:02:43 PM
Quote from: Craven Mad on May 03, 2015, 02:53:53 PM

Talkpoop, think Hilda the tealady was gosipping with her that
makes Brazils morning cuppa...

Haha of course!  :005:

H4usuallysitting

Mr Khan, please please please can we have David Cotterill

St. Andrews White

Still think Adkins would be the best choice if Big Sam's wages are too much...
The Intertoto might not exist anymore, but that doesn't matter. We'll still win it again.

@jolslover

Disagree, Most my friends that are Reading fans dont rate Adkins atall

Would like to see us get Warburton Rowett or Oscar Garcia. If not one of those 3 then maybe Poyet
STH H3

YankeeJim

According to Talkpoop...

Lets add Robert Huth and we'll become the Stoke of the Championship.
Truth be told, we could use a hard man. We were certainly pushed around a lot this past season.
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.