watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

The Official 2015 Silly Season Transfer Thread

Started by Friendsoffulham, May 03, 2015, 11:35:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southdowns White

Brighton contact told me Dunk deal dead unless we comit to  long term deal and more personal term money, Brighton hoping premier club come for him or he stays where he is. I have no personal proof but I have known this person for a few years and he seems quite genuine.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: TrexFFC on July 31, 2015, 09:55:55 PM
Nope I disagree. Glad Rodallega is gone.  We either just need to sign someone to replace him or one of the young kids needs to step up.  He's 30 years old and we know what he brings to the table.  He'll get you a decent amount of goals, but he's largely frustrating when on the pitch.

I think most but all are glad Hugo has gone, but that fact still remains, that we've not replaced him, or his 10 goals, yet. You're right, maybe Dembele could step up, might be another year to early again though, but if someone like Gayle is available on loan, I'd take him in a heart beat. Straight in the team, will score 10+ goals, will cause every defender a problem with his pace.

Wearethewhites

Being linked with Jean-Christophe Bahebeck

TrexFFC

Quote from: Wearethewhites on July 31, 2015, 10:08:33 PM
Being linked with Jean-Christophe Bahebeck

Yeah I saw that. Though I'm always skeptical when a host of other clubs are being linked as well.

Lighthouse

Kevin Macdonald is still being linked tonight. But might just be lazy reporting.

As for the rumours re Gayle. Would be the difference between play offs and also runs. I can't believe fans genuinely believe that Dembele or Taggart can replace Rodders. I would go as far to say that I would take Gayle over a centre half if we had to.

Jean Christophe Bahebeck is being linked to Prem clubs on loan. So no way is that a possibility.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

dannyboi-ffc

Quote from: Lighthouse on July 31, 2015, 10:29:58 PM
Kevin Macdonald is still being linked tonight. But might just be lazy reporting.

As for the rumours re Gayle. Would be the difference between play offs and also runs. I can't believe fans genuinely believe that Dembele or Taggart can replace Rodders. I would go as far to say that I would take Gayle over a centre half if we had to.

Jean Christophe Bahebeck is being linked to Prem clubs on loan. So no way is that a possibility.

I agree. Although centre backs need strengthening most of last season I felt our problems came from no width, awful fullbacks, poor midfield and a striker in Hugo who was incapable of holding up the ball or win a header just to relieve the pressure.  He may have scored 10 but I would say his overall game was so bad that he cost us more than he gained.

When defenders play bad everyone notices, same with keepers but if we had to start off with Burn and another I would take that if it meant getting in a striker who would guarantee to at least make up for the goals Hugo scored. Who can guarantee Taggart will score at all? Dembele potentially can but we want promotion and potentially isn't good enough when someone of Gayle's ability could be available on loan. Smith will probably do quite well but like Hugo it's not the goals with him, it's what he can offer and after a run of games I think he would make us predictable. Woodrow I really like but he will never be fast or prolific and instead will just do a job when required.

Good call Lighthouse!  I would take Gayle and Turner on loan and not spend a penny more. How's that for your FFP Rigg!?
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

Twig

Regards strikers it all depends whether we are planning to use Mitro or not in my view.  But I still see central defense as the priority.  I think we only one signing away from sorting that issue but it needs to be an experienced leader and won't come cheap.  Get that business done and I would leave it to Kit to take stock and decide what, if any, further additions he needs to make a realistic push for proomtion.

Bracken White

One thing you could never knock Rodallega for is effort - unlike some players we've all witnessed. Can be frustrating, granted - but wish him well and many could learn from his ethos, sportsmanship & application.
Gayle coming? Well a quick inside forward who could link with a centre-forward. So thumbs up if there is any substance to the rumours.
Centre-half? A dominant Hangerland-like figure would be excellent - but I think we disrespect Burn & his abilities. Bodurov, regretfully is too small and Hutchinson always has an error in his locker. Personally not impressed by Amorbietta at all - there's always a penalty on offer. Thought Middlesbrough may come in for him. From what I've seen Voser is an able stand in at full-back ... regret Kavanagh has not shown enough to merit a place above him, for me - but liked by the Manager. Grimmer still WIP but a sound prospect.
Overall, pleased with the transfer activity to date.
Stay Fulhamish ~ stay unique

Domino1879

Could we be one of the reported 5 Championship clubs chasing winger Will Buckley? In Shields Gazette and BBC.

NorJof

According to Norwegian press Aalesund FKs finnish defensive midfielder Sakkari Mattila is on his way to us. Apparently he didn't show up for practice today.

http://www.aftenposten.no/100Sport/fotball/eliteserien/AaFK-spiller-er-pa-vei-til-Fulham-576122_1.snd

sunburywhite

Mattila - som nylig ga fra seg kapteinsbindet i klubben til Sten Grytebust - deltok ikke pÄ lÞrdagens AaFK-trening.

Etter det SunnmÞrsposten forstÄr er det fordi den finske landslagsspilleren er pÄ veg bort fra klubben.

Klubben han skal vÊre pÄ veg til, er - slik SunnmÞrsposten forstÄr det - den engelske Championship-klubben Fulham.

- Ingen kommentar, svarer AaFK-direktĂžr Henrik Hoff pĂ„ spĂžrsmĂ„l om hvorvidt finnen er pĂ„ veg bort fra Ålesund.

- Ønsker Sakki seg videre fra AaFK?

- Det mÄ du nesten spÞrre han selv om, sier Hoff.

Verken Sakari Mattila eller AaFK-trener Trond Fredriksen har besvart SunnmĂžrspostens henvendelser lĂžrdag formiddag.

Sakari Mattila kom til AaFK foran 2014-sesongen. Han har startet 30 eliteseriekamper for AaFK.
Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

W.G.Fulham

Texas White

Jem

Using Google Translate:

Mattila - who recently gave up the captaincy in the team to Sten Grytebust - did not participate in Saturday's AaFK training.

After that SunnmĂžrsposten understand it because the Finnish national team player is on the road away from the club.

The club he will be on the way to, are - so SunnmĂžrsposten understand it - the English Championship club Fulham.

- No comment, answer AaFK director Henrik Hoff questions whether fin is headed away from Ålesund.

- Want Sakki further from AaFK?

- It must almost ask him though, says Hoff.

Neither Sakari Mattila or AaFK coach Trond Fredriksen has answered inquiries SunnmĂžrsposten Saturday morning.

Sakari Mattila joined AaFK front 2014 season. He has started 30 league matches for AaFK.
"When you're in jail, a good friend will be trying to bail you out. A best friend will be in the cell next to you saying, 'Damn, that was fun'."
― Groucho Marx

W.G.Fulham

Quote from: Texas White on August 01, 2015, 02:33:55 PM
Quote from: W.G.Fulham on August 01, 2015, 01:53:12 PM
Very interesting read that

Your a better man than me, if you can read that

Unfortunately not Tex, my Norwegian is a little rusty

sunburywhite

Remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.
I will be as good as I can be and when I cross the finishing line I will see what it got me

Jonaldiniho 88

Does this mean McDonald is definitely off I wonder?

Craven Mad

This would be a disaster...

According to the mirror:

3:49 pm
Slam Dunk!
Ipswich will complete the signing of Lewis Dunk this week.

The Brighton defender is set to arrive at Portman Road for around ÂŁ5m.

Tractor Boys boss Mick McCarthy is on the lookout for a new defender after Tyrone Mings joined Bournemouth earlier this summer.

HillingdonFFC

Quote from: Craven Mad on August 01, 2015, 04:08:32 PM
This would be a disaster...

According to the mirror:

3:49 pm
Slam Dunk!
Ipswich will complete the signing of Lewis Dunk this week.

The Brighton defender is set to arrive at Portman Road for around ÂŁ5m.

Tractor Boys boss Mick McCarthy is on the lookout for a new defender after Tyrone Mings joined Bournemouth earlier this summer.

Cant tell you how much that would p*@s me off.
General consensus is we've offered between ÂŁ4 - ÂŁ4.5 million, just stump up and get it done. This was an absolute priority, we're a week away from the start of the season with the same dodgy centre back pairing and Symons is talking about promotion??
Unbelievable!

Fulham Tup North

Mattila - who recently gave up the captaincy in the team to Sten Grytebust - did not participate in Saturday's AaFK training. After that SunnmĂžrsposten understand it because the Finnish national team player is on the road away from the club . The club he will be on the way to ,
If this helps??
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't,....you're right"