watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham - please follow suit

Started by CorkedHat, July 20, 2010, 01:25:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorkedHat

Tottenham have become the first Premier League club to ban vuvuzelas from their ground on match days :clap_hands:
What we do for others will live on. What we do for ourselves will die with us

finnster01

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 20, 2010, 01:25:21 AM
Tottenham have become the first Premier League club to ban vuvuzelas from their ground on match days :clap_hands:
Amen to that Mr CorkedHat.  :clap_hands: :sir_roy:
If you wake up in the morning and nothing hurts, you are most likely dead

RidgeRider

Where's the link Mr. Hat?  :dft012:

If true, that is the best news I have heard all day on a day with no news but I hope the PL does a blanket ban.

richardhkirkando

Bradstow

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 20, 2010, 01:25:21 AM

The FA should ban them completely. Why FIFA tolerated them is a mystery.
Don't speak wisdom into the ears of fools.

AmericanJames

This is great news, but is this really a worry in the PL? Would more than 10 fans actually bring these things to a game ever?
Some people are literally too stupid to insult

CorkedHat

From the BBC Website Mr RR. Here is the full text

Tottenham have become the first Premier League club to ban vuvuzelas from their ground on match days.
The plastic horns, popular with football fans at the 2010 World Cup in South Africa, have already been banned by some Football League clubs.
In a statement, Spurs said the decision had been made after undergoing discussions with the police and the local licensing authorities.
They club also suggested the noise could pose risks to public safety.
"We are concerned that the presence of the instruments within the stadium pose unnecessary risks and could impact on the ability of all supporters to hear any emergency safety announcements," read the statement on the club's official website.

606: DEBATE
This could be the best bit of news all summer!

Modricsleftshinpad

"We are very proud of the fantastic atmosphere that our supporters produce organically at White Hart Lane and we are all very much looking forward to this continuing into the forthcoming season."
The Premier League has refused to implement a widespread ban, stating that "such matters are dealt with at club level".
Following their widespread use during the World Cup in South Africa, retailers across Britain have being selling vuvuzelas in anticipation of their popularity.
However, the horns have been heavily criticised by players and fans alike with many suggesting they are tuneless and block out singing and chanting.
The All England Club banned the instrument from this summer's Wimbledon, amidst fears that they could spoil the event.
Similarly, a spokesman for Henley Royal Regatta stated that vuvuzelas were on a list of items which would not be allowed within the enclosures or the boat tent area.
The England and Wales Cricket Board has said that each Test venue would be able to decide its policy on which items could be admitted.

LBNo11

...hmmm! so some clubs will be letting vuvuzelas into British grounds?

Long plastic horns are obviously not as much a threat as the dreaded plastic bottle top, which in the hands of a trained assassin can maim a person at 3 inches!

Ye gods.. :016:
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

os5889

The only people who would allow them are clubs that dont have a decent following (Like the MK Dons I'd imagine...), I know the South coast clubs of Saints, Pompey and Bournemouth have banned them

tingtawng

the club need to make a statement about banning them things .
IN SVEN VE TVUST

TheDaddy

DAM ! Ive spent the last week drying out an eel on me balcony just about to shove a bog brush down its throat through to the other end.Instant VUVUZEELAS also comes in handy if the queue to the food stalls are long.

Ok ill get me jacket i have a hangover dont you know ! :020:
"Well blow me if it wasnt the badger who did it "

Logicalman

Here's an interesting item from Wiki, concerning their banning ...

Noise levels and bans

Concerns about the constant intensities produced by the vuvuzelas during the 2010 FIFA World Cup matches were raised independently by representatives of international football teams, spectators and sports commentators. The noise levels that were demonstrated during the 2010 FIFA World Cup prompted various sporting organisations to ban the vuvuzela at future events:

* All sporting events at the Cardiff City, SWALEC and Millennium Stadiums
    * Wimbledon
    * Melbourne Cricket Ground
    * Yankee Stadium
    * Fuji Rock Festival
    * The Southeastern Conference of US college sports
    * Ultimate Fighting Championship events.
    * Gaelic Athletic Association events
    * 2011 Formula One season
    * 2011 Rugby World Cup
    * 2012 London Olympics

Some shopping centres in South Africa banned the use of vuvuzelas.

They were also banned at the 2010 Baltimore anime convention Otakon, the convention committee declared that any attendee carrying a vuvuzela could have it confiscated from them, and that anyone blowing one could face expulsion form the event. This action was taken in response to the prevalence of the horns at the 2010 Anime Expo based in Los Angeles, which was attended by representatives of Otakon who felt the disruption led to discomfort for some of the attendees of Anime Expo which they wished to avoid at the later Baltimore event.

The government of the United Arab Emirates has prohibited the public use of vuvuzelas louder than 100 decibels. It claims that this level could damage the ear, going against the Islamic ruling of "never do or cause any harm".

I have very little doubt that the above list will grow, in time, as we find sporting events turned into a deafening event through the use of these plastic toys, but it cannot grow fast enough.
I find it very interesting that the PL and FA will consider banning most things and dictate the clubs on such matters, but when it comes to an article that can be easily turned into a weapon (sharpening the edges and covering them with tape would appear effective), they seem to have no position, simply because FIFA failed to grow a pair and do what was right in the first place during the WC2010, and nobody wants to upset Blatter & co, do they?.

CorkedHat

But on the other hand:

BLACKPOOL have become the first club in Britain to encourage fans to bring vuvuzelas to matches.
The Premier League new boys want supporters to make as much noise as possible after Ipswich, Southampton, Cardiff and Leicester all banned the World Cup instrument.
A Seasiders spokesman said: "We are keen to ensure the atmosphere created by our fans is better than ever before."
Vuvuzelas can belt out noise of up to 120 decibels and came to prominence during this year's World Cup finals in South Africa.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3060470/Blackpool-fans-encouraged-to-bring-vuvuzelas-to-matches.html#ixzz0uDXs3tGt

The Equalizer

Quote from: CorkedHat on July 20, 2010, 11:35:57 AM
But on the other hand:

BLACKPOOL have become the first club in Britain to encourage fans to bring vuvuzelas to matches.
The Premier League new boys want supporters to make as much noise as possible after Ipswich, Southampton, Cardiff and Leicester all banned the World Cup instrument.
A Seasiders spokesman said: "We are keen to ensure the atmosphere created by our fans is better than ever before."
Vuvuzelas can belt out noise of up to 120 decibels and came to prominence during this year's World Cup finals in South Africa.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3060470/Blackpool-fans-encouraged-to-bring-vuvuzelas-to-matches.html#ixzz0uDXs3tGt

Hardly surprising. They're to be used to drown out the godawful accents that the natives have!
"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

chez

That's great news re Blackpool, my first away match of the season and i have to put up with those awful bleedin things  :014:..... just hope i don't get into any trouble if i see anyone with them.