https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

SSN - Breaking News - Jol to stay at Ajax

Started by os5889, July 20, 2010, 08:48:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

os5889

Breaking news, likely to stay at Ajax

also

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/premiership/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/10/07/20/SOCCER_Ajax.html&TEAMHD=premiership

Martin Jol is prepared to snub Fulham and remain at Ajax, providing the club allow him to strengthen the squad this summer.

Jol is reportedly Fulham's first choice to replace Roy Hodgson, who has joined Liverpool, but the Dutchman has hinted he will remain in Amsterdam after talks with the Ajax hierarchy.

"They (Fulham) were interested but in principle I will stay at Ajax," Jol told Amsterdam-based newspaper De Telegraaf.

Jol had been told he was not able to recruit this summer until Holland right-back Gregory van der Wiel and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez had departed - freeing up funds.

But, following talks with financial director Jeroen Slop and chief executive Rik van den Boog, Jol has been reassured he can bring in a cheap right-wing option and then spend more if the likes of Van der Wiel and Suarez leave.

The plan needs to be approved by the club's supervisory board - headed by Uri Coronel - but that is unlikely to be a problem after they recruited Jol just a year ago.

Lighthouse

Well painfully predictable.

Whoever we eventually have as manager will know they are far from first choice and it is now so late that any hope of building for a new season is looking grim. We will end up with Curbs or a Zola and pretend they were what we wanted from the beginning.

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Fernhurst

Just turned it on ------ Please tell me this is not a wind up.... :031:

If true this will make the eventual choice feel just bloody great  :002:

os5889

I'm so angry, even if it turns out to be untrue its tainted my opinion of Jol. Is he in it for the cash or a challenge?

os5889

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8829195.stm

Ajax coach Martin Jol still in frame to be Fulham boss

Martin Jol is still weighing up whether to become Fulham manager, despite reports in the Netherlands claiming he will stay with Ajax "in principle".

OldBrownShoe

Let's all KEEP CALM!! :012: Reg Stratton is waiting in the wings to be called :005:
Johny's in the basement
Mixing up the medicine
I'm on the pavement
Thinking about the government
The man in the trench coat
Badge out, laid off
Says he's got a bad cough
Wants to get it paid off
Look out kid
It's somethin' you did
God knows when
But you're doin' it again
l

Logicalman

If we go back to May of this year, following Bennis departure, and Liverpools first interest in RH was mooted about, the headlines that followed in almost every news out was the same: 

Fulham director Michael Cole insists Roy Hodgson is "integral" to the club.....We do think he will stay and I think he'll be at Fulham because essentially he has what every manager says he wants - a free hand and the confidence of the chairman. By and large he gets the support he requires in the way he wants it."

.. and he finally decided to leave after all.
I am not saying that a move from Fulham to Liverpool is, essentially, the same direction as a move from Ajax to Fulham, but it's not that far away. So, we can expect so many conflicting stories, as we had with RH, that it's very easy to get carried away like girls blouses. What will be, WILL be.

AlFayedsChequebook

Quote from: Logicalman on July 20, 2010, 10:45:12 AM

If we go back to May of this year, following Bennis departure, and Liverpools first interest in RH was mooted about, the headlines that followed in almost every news out was the same: 

Fulham director Michael Cole insists Roy Hodgson is "integral" to the club.....We do think he will stay and I think he'll be at Fulham because essentially he has what every manager says he wants - a free hand and the confidence of the chairman. By and large he gets the support he requires in the way he wants it."

.. and he finally decided to leave after all.
I am not saying that a move from Fulham to Liverpool is, essentially, the same direction as a move from Ajax to Fulham, but it's not that far away. So, we can expect so many conflicting stories, as we had with RH, that it's very easy to get carried away like girls blouses. What will be, WILL be.

Good Point.

Fernhurst

"What will be, WILL be."

yeah........ thats what i'm afraid of!!!

licker

Ian Dowie still tops the list. :005:

Bill.

Only kidding. :dft010:

Fernhurst

Quote from: licker on July 20, 2010, 10:56:10 AM
Ian Dowie still tops the list. :005:

Bill.

BILL -- if this turns out to be a wake..... it's family only!!!

Only kidding. :dft010:

Serotonin

Maybe all is not lost

"Ajax Coach Martin Jol Still in Frame to be Fulham Boss"

"Martin Jol is still weighing up whether to become Fulham boss, despite reports in the Netherlands that he has agreed to stay with Ajax "in principle"."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/f/fulham/8829195.stm

Jimpav

It wouldn't be the first time a manager or player stalled in a deliberate bid to exthort as much money as possible.

The only person who truly knows what is going on here is Martin Jol.