https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Jol Deal Done Bar The Compensation

Started by White Noise, July 20, 2010, 03:09:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

White Noise

Martin Jol's Fulham deal is ON but Ajax dig in heels over compensation for boss

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 1:23 PM on 20th July 2010

Martin Jol's appointment as Fulham manager is expected to go ahead despite Ajax's efforts to scupper the deal.

It is understood that Jol wants to succeed Roy Hodgson at Craven Cottage but his path is being blocked by Ajax, who are keen to retain the 54-year-old.

The development contradicts earlier reports in the Dutch media that stated Jol is prepared to snub Fulham, providing Ajax give him the funds to strengthen the squad this summer.
Wanted man: Martin Jol watches his Ajax players in training
'They (Fulham) were interested but in principle I will stay at Ajax,' Jol told Amsterdam-based newspaper De Telegraaf this morning.   

Jol's move back to England was expected to be smoothed by the inclusion of a release clause in his current contract, allowing him to return to a Barclays Premier League club in return for compensation of around £1m, but the Dutch giants are understood to be haggling over the finer details.

Trouble: Al Fayed may now have to look elsewhere
Jol had been told he was not able to recruit this summer until Holland right-back Gregory van der Wiel and Uruguay striker Luis Suarez had departed - freeing up funds. 
But, following talks with financial director Jeroen Slop and chief executive Rik van den Boog, Jol has been reassured he can bring in a cheap right-wing option and then spend more if the likes of Van der Wiel and Suarez leave.   
The plan needs to be approved by the club's supervisory board - headed by Uri Coronel - but that is unlikely to be a problem after they recruited Jol just a year ago.
Fulham have identified Jol as the ideal candidate to lead the club into the post-Hodgson era.

Hodgson oversaw the most successful period of the Cottagers' history when he steered them into the final of the Europa League last season. The previous year he masterminded their highest top flight finish with seventh - 12 months after saving them from relegation. 

Hodgson's success attracted the attention of Liverpool, who swooped for the 62-year-old at the start of the month, and Fulham now face a period of consolidation.
On his way: Ajax are set to sell Luis Suarez to raise funds in the transfer market
Expectations among supporters are high following two spectacular seasons and the new manager has a tough act to follow. But the well-travelled Jol appears to be a good fit for Fulham, not least because he has experience of the Barclays Premier league following a three-year spell at Tottenham. 

In 2006 he led Spurs to the brink of Champions League qualification with only a defeat by West Ham on the last day of the season dropping them into fifth place. He was sacked in October the following year after Spurs' courtship of successor Juande Ramos was unwittingly made public.   

A solid season at Hamburg followed before he joined Ajax, who he led to a second place finish in the league and victory in the Dutch Cup.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1296244/Martin-Jols-Fulham-deal-ON-Ajax-dig-heels-compensation-boss.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0uEQCC04B

AlFayedsChequebook

This is poor journalism, they have mashed two contradicting articles together! The first half says that he will join Fulham, then it goes on to say the board appeased Jol this morning and will stay!

Teabag

:035: aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrgggghhhh  :035:

PLEASE sort this out. I haven't got much hair left... if I tear any more out...

HatterDon

this link provides a rough transcript of Martin Jol's most recent statement to the board at Ajax

The Clash - Should I Stay Or Should I Go?

"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

The Equalizer

"We won't look back on this season with regret, but with pride. Because we won what many teams fail to win in a lifetime – an unprecedented degree of respect and support that saw British football fans unite and cheer on Fulham with heart." Mohammed Al Fayed, May 2010

Twitter: @equalizerffc

timmyg

"Not everybody's the perfect person in the world. I mean everyone kills people, murders people, steals from you, steals from me, whatever." -- Terrelle Pryor, on Michael Vick

Lighthouse

LATEST STATEMENT FROM LEWINGTON WHILE TRAINING WITH THE SQUAD. SEEMS REALLY CROSS

Leo Sayer & the muppets - The Show Must Go On
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimbobob

:023: :022: :023: :022: :023:

Boy we got PLAYED!!!
So where to now????  :023: :027: :024: :023: :027:
This is just great
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

Rambling_Syd_Rumpo

Quote from: Jimbobob18 on July 20, 2010, 04:50:41 PM

Boy we got PLAYED!!!
This is just great

No we haven't,he has stated he wants to come,Ajax won't talk to us,so,if he wants to come he will quit Ajax and come to us and Ajax will get nothing so they will have to play ball sooner or later, or they will end up with no manager and no cash :doh: :doh:

We have the stronger hand because he wants to come,so it will happen,might be today,tomorrow or next week but he will come,I mean how can he stay at Ajax if he has already said I want to be at Fulham?

Lighthouse

The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Jimbobob

Quote from: Rambling_Syd_Rumpo on July 20, 2010, 04:58:05 PM
Quote from: Jimbobob18 on July 20, 2010, 04:50:41 PM

Boy we got PLAYED!!!
This is just great

No we haven't,he has stated he wants to come,Ajax won't talk to us,so,if he wants to come he will quit Ajax and come to us and Ajax will get nothing so they will have to play ball sooner or later, or they will end up with no manager and no cash :doh: :doh:

We have the stronger hand because he wants to come,so it will happen,might be today,tomorrow or next week but he will come,I mean how can he stay at Ajax if he has already said I want to be at Fulham?

I hope you are correct sir I really do.  :018: :018: :018: We need to be moving forward.
I just get so tired of the media acting as if we are the smallest club in the world and "WHY" would he even consider coming here. Makes me sick!!!! :020:
"You don't want to be trapped inside with me sunshine. Inside, I'm somebody nobody wants to love with do you understand?

tingtawng

COULD JOL REJECT FULHAM?
Is Martin Jol having second thoughts about joining Fulham? The Times thinks he might be.

The paper says that the Dutchman was in talks last night with Ajax as the club try to convince him to stay. It also describes Jol as 'worried that Hodgson may have overachieved by making up for the squad limitations with good organisation, as Fulham finished seventh two seasons ago and reached the Europa League final last season' and 'concerned' that moving to Craven Cottage would be a 'step down'.

Jol himself is reported to have confirmed on Monday night that: "The Premier League is the best competition in the world and I like London very much. Fulham is a great opportunity. The way it is going at Ajax we cannot play for the title or the biggest prizes."

OR WILL HE JOIN TO CHASE KEANE, JAMES, SIDWELL AND IRELAND?
Elsewhere, however, Jol's appointment is being talked up as a done deal to the extent that the papers are already discussing his transfer targets.

'Martin Jol is likely to make a bid for the Tottenham striker Robbie Keane if, as expected, he takes over at Fulham this week. The Dutchman managed Keane at White Hart Lane and has been promised about £20m to spend on transfers should he accept the job at Craven Cottage,' says The Guardian.

A concurring Independent adds that 'Keane, 30, would be available for a fee of around £6m, although Fulham are likely to face competition from Aston Villa for the striker's signature.

'Jol could also have to find a new goalkeeper should Mark Schwarzer move to Arsenal, with England keeper David James a potential short-term option. Villa midfielder Steve Sidwell is another possible recruit, for a fee of £2m.'

And the Daily Mirror reckons that Jol is 'is keen on rivalling Aston Villa for Manchester City midfielder Stephen Ireland'.
IN SVEN VE TVUST

Tom

I am so sick and tired of all this crap. Just get the damn deal done so we can move on!
Fulham for life!