watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rigg, Symons and MacKintosh speak

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, May 27, 2015, 01:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holders

Better from Sarah and I was impressed by Rigg. Sceptics might say that it's what we'd expect them to say but what else can they say if that is what they believe? Rigg seemed dominant and a good acquisition. AM a bit twitchy and Kit a bit nervous. Positive on the Riverside.

I was amused by AM's reference to Mr Fayed having "been at the end of his ownership cycle" - oblique phraseology after my own heart!
Non sumus statione ferriviaria

MJG

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 27, 2015, 04:10:47 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
Thank god for all that, bow tie  don't not have to answer a load of questions :-)

Good stuff by the club

I've often asked/wished that the club would be more communicative and argued that club PR would be well-served by it, especially where supporter relations are concerned.

You've asked me what I'd like that communication to be like and I've feebly tried to put it into words.

This is about it. No giving away of "trade secrets" but, expressing what it is the club are aiming for, describing roles and responsibilities, giving away a few nibbles of info that few were aware of (possible Hammersmith reno, purchase of Thames property), and clarifying misconceptions. Breath of fresh air for me and buoyed my confidence a bit for the transfer window and coming season.
We had certainly said to them in meetings they needed to do something like this and good to see it happen.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 04:13:09 PM
Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 27, 2015, 04:10:47 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 03:52:19 PM
Thank god for all that, bow tie  don't not have to answer a load of questions :-)

Good stuff by the club

I've often asked/wished that the club would be more communicative and argued that club PR would be well-served by it, especially where supporter relations are concerned.

You've asked me what I'd like that communication to be like and I've feebly tried to put it into words.

This is about it. No giving away of "trade secrets" but, expressing what it is the club are aiming for, describing roles and responsibilities, giving away a few nibbles of info that few were aware of (possible Hammersmith reno, purchase of Thames property), and clarifying misconceptions. Breath of fresh air for me and buoyed my confidence a bit for the transfer window and coming season.
We had certainly said to them in meetings they needed to do something like this and good to see it happen.

Glad that you did and that they listened. It says a lot that they made this happen. In the grand scheme, I'm not all that important to the club but, I'm certainly a happier (a bit calmer as well) supporter after having seen that video. Hope that it settles the nerves of many others.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 27, 2015, 04:22:03 PM
On the face of it, I liked what I heard. Sarah posed a number of searching questions, which I would imagine we would all liked to have asked.
I was impressed with Mike Rigg, he was the most assertive, and was willing to say more than he needed to, to get his point across, and I liked that. Alistair answered as well as he could, he could not have said much more.
As for Kit, he looked a little overwhelmed, and slightly uncomfortable, with his grin, but I think that's his manner, and his persona.
It may have been a little rehearsed, but it has to be to a certain extent, to ensure all questions are answered fully, and to give the three of them an opportunity to state their case. Regarding on and off the pitch issues.  
Still not convinced about Kits leadership skills, but hey, let's wait and see how it all pans out. I feel a little more comfortable with them, especially with what Mike Rigg had to say.
The next two months will be intriguing, and the activities will be watched very closely by all of us I am sure.

Kit looked a bit like someone who found out his job was safe about 5 minutes before the interview and hadn't quite got his head around it yet.

H4usuallysitting

Old Rigg likes a bit of middle Management speak - I'm a bit concerned that there doesn't appear to be one leader....take a look at Wenger...he has control of everything including what colour the bogs are going to be....still, this is early days.... Kit's first full season, Riggs only been with us a few months and Ali is getting to grips with Mr Khans demands.....but glad they put it out there

kempkong

This was a brilliant interview. You have to read between the lines a bit but here is what I picked up on.

1) kit has been told in no uncertain terms that a poor start will lead to him going. He has accepted this "good of the club comment" I think it's fair after the start of last season to at least give this club legend a chance with his team.
2) Riggs is in charge. He will run the football club he will pick the players and agree the fee before leaving mc to hash out a contract.

It looks like the club will make a real effort next season to improve and are mo one forwards. Brookes did brilliant and asked some challenging questions which I think the trio gave some honest answers to (considering it's a pr opportunity)

Thank you Fulham.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

God The Mechanic

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 27, 2015, 04:32:21 PM
Old Rigg likes a bit of middle Management speak - I'm a bit concerned that there doesn't appear to be one leader....take a look at Wenger...he has control of everything including what colour the bogs are going to be....still, this is early days.... Kit's first full season, Riggs only been with us a few months and Ali is getting to grips with Mr Khans demands.....but glad they put it out there

Wenger has also been there for two decades.

f321ffc

They raised the issue of Ruiz not wanting to be at Fulham and trying to get some money back because of the fee paid but no mention of Mitroglou, wonder whats happening there. 049:gif
Growing old is mandatory
Growing up is optional

fulhamben

lol kit thinks we are getting better. and id love to know what the vision was that they sold riggs.
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

nose

we really only learned two things.
1 the stand is going ahead
2 kit is in charge
both needed to be said

as for the rest it was what you would expect...
we have funds but will not over spend
we will try for top 6 and if possible promotion in top two (or similar)
we will not spend beyond our means and wait for the fair play regs
we will look after the long term and therefore not spend big sio as to jepordise the club.
They say much the same every year.

i am glad they put the item on line, the proof of the pudding so to speak will be who we bring in and where we finish next season.... reading between the lines, do not hold your breath, mid table mediocrity looks most likely.
What i wanted as an opening statement was... our number one ambition is promotion this season, kit will be backed 100%! They didn't say that. So we shall see.

fulhamben

does sound good about the new stand. we have bought part of the thames

alexbishop

there was a lot of talk about style of football from the first team running down through the academy but no mention of what Kit's vision is for that style. He is first team manager and I still don't know what his style and vision is for the way he wants his team to play. He looked like a rookie sat there and I don't mean this is in a horrible way. I wanted more from Kit in that interview but it was Mike Rigg that ran the show.
Fulham Fan Est. 1997

t: @alexmbishop

fulhamben

Quote from: alexbishop on May 27, 2015, 04:57:52 PM
there was a lot of talk about style of football from the first team running down through the academy but no mention of what Kit's vision is for that style. He is first team manager and I still don't know what his style and vision is for the way he wants his team to play. He looked like a rookie sat there and I don't mean this is in a horrible way. I wanted more from Kit in that interview but it was Mike Rigg that ran the show.
it was how we started under him. he openly said he had to drop his beliefs because they were not effective. so non effective football is his vision

b+w geezer

My take resembles that of Nose, a few posts above. The positives were assurances about the stand specifically and the commitment/engagement of the owner in general. (For example, I would not have imagined he was 'often' at Motspur Park.)

Less convincing was the talk about football and business needing to go hand in hand, and not putting the club "at risk for short-term gain." That sounds suspiciously like a rationale for not spending much and expecting value then to be added by a manager who has been retained (they barely pretended otherwise) by the skin of his teeth.

As a matter of plain fact -- Rigg could be asking his boss to bear a personal loss of up to £13 million under the FFP rules next season and that would in no sense put the club at risk. One didn't get the impression he'd be making any such request.

Well done to Sarah Brookes for posing good questions.

MJG

But then you would not expect any figures to be mentioned either. So I don't think we can draw many conclusions from the actual finance side of things apart from they will not do a QPR.

b+w geezer

Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 05:13:26 PM
But then you would not expect any figures to be mentioned either. So I don't think we can draw many conclusions from the actual finance side of things apart from they will not do a QPR.
Yes, conclusions will only be possible when we see who arrives. For now one can only deal in impressions from a major strand of the interview. My factual point about FFP next season stands. Khan can take a £13 million personal hit within the rules, without endangering any more than his personal bank balance.

MJG

Quote from: b+w geezer on May 27, 2015, 05:20:52 PM
Quote from: MJG on May 27, 2015, 05:13:26 PM
Yes, conclusions will only be possible when we see who arrives. For now one can only deal in impressions from a major strand of the interview. My factual point about FFP next season stands. Khan can take a £13 million personal hit within the rules, without endangering any more than his personal bank balance.
And that's right,  I'm sure we will go into the red for the coming season.

ToodlesMcToot

I'm not arguing that we're going to spend a fortune but, I'm curious. For those who believe the interview indicates that we intend to be relatively "cheap" again in the transfer window, wouldn't you think that FFP would have been a common theme in the interview if they were looking to explain away a "cheap" approach to transfers come the Summer?

fulhamben

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 27, 2015, 05:29:30 PM
I'm not arguing that we're going to spend a fortune but, I'm curious. For those who believe the interview indicates that we intend to be relatively "cheap" again in the transfer window, wouldn't you think that FFP would have been a common theme in the interview if they were looking to explain away a "cheap" approach to transfers come the Summer?
sustainability ffp and not risking the long term future were mentioned. plus riggs said we wont pay inflated prices, which says to me he has gone all wenger and thinks he can value other teams players for them.  it also suggets we will only be buying players that other teams are not desperate to keep, which never bodes well in my eyes

b+w geezer

Quote from: ToodlesMcToot on May 27, 2015, 05:29:30 PM
wouldn't you think that FFP would have been a common theme in the interview if they were looking to explain away a "cheap" approach to transfers come the Summer?
Not really, bearing in mind the rules (£13m owner-funded licence. Annually). That's a lot of scope at Championship level. If used.