https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Rigg, Symons and MacKintosh speak

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, May 27, 2015, 01:05:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

YankeeJim

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 27, 2015, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on May 27, 2015, 07:14:51 PM
Come on hatter ,get off your soapbox for gods sake , its not only incorrect what you are saying ,it is also pretty boring . Most fans on her want ,like you ,the best for the club .I for one would much rather be wrong and it go well for the club that the other way  round . If Kit doesn't get the results our aims and expectations demand then he will go . Hopefully he will get things right , sort out our problem defense and we will take the championship by storm next year. Time to be positive even when it comes to your fellow Fulham fans on this forum or otherwise .

Oh Colin, so wrong to tell anyone to get off an imaginary soapbox after the hundreds of over wordy aggressive posts by yourself and others. The procession of boring posts repeating the same mantra with incredible belief your view is so much more valid than any other has changed the nature of this message board.
This video seems to have unsettled you and your fellow naysayers by not leaving enough room to get negative about.

Refreshing,uplifting and truthful, and to true fans of Fulham a verification of trust in the way forward.

We all want a successful club (and nobody has to point out the ramifications of a poor start) but if the openness and cooperation demonstrated continues then we can all look forward to next season.

:plus one:
Old Sod's Army to the rescue. Great and accurate post my friend!  082.gif
Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

fulhamben

Quote from: Fernhurst on May 27, 2015, 10:05:57 PM
Quote from: colinwhite on May 27, 2015, 07:14:51 PM
Come on hatter ,get off your soapbox for gods sake , its not only incorrect what you are saying ,it is also pretty boring . Most fans on her want ,like you ,the best for the club .I for one would much rather be wrong and it go well for the club that the other way  round . If Kit doesn't get the results our aims and expectations demand then he will go . Hopefully he will get things right , sort out our problem defense and we will take the championship by storm next year. Time to be positive even when it comes to your fellow Fulham fans on this forum or otherwise .

Oh Colin, so wrong to tell anyone to get off an imaginary soapbox after the hundreds of over wordy aggressive posts by yourself and others. The procession of boring posts repeating the same mantra with incredible belief your view is so much more valid than any other has changed the nature of this message board.
This video seems to have unsettled you and your fellow naysayers by not leaving enough room to get negative about.

Refreshing,uplifting and truthful, and to true fans of Fulham a verification of trust in the way forward.

We all want a successful club (and nobody has to point out the ramifications of a poor start) but if the openness and cooperation demonstrated continues then we can all look forward to next season.

retaining the services of an under achieving manager is more than enough room to get negative, thank you very much. lets just pray for some good signings
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

WestCountryWhite

Having watched it can't see anything wrong with it. In fact it's actually nice that we are being a little bit more transparent because after all they don't need to tell us.

I think if anyone wanted anymore proof that kits staying need look no further

colinwhite

Just to set the record straight I am no "nay sayer" and if any of My posts are over -worded then I apologise .
I want the best for the club , and I would love to see a successful Kit Symons . I have no prestige ( unlike the tone of Hatter dons post ) involved in any stand points I take and no desire to put  anyone down .
I thought the video was excellent and wrote as much on this thread and if you had taken the time to read it you would have understood my viewpoint .
What I find hard to  understand is the lack of willingness to debate the point, just writing off someones valid point of veiw as a " no - sayer" , and repeating the "just another kit out " phrase is ridiculous and insulting .
By the way , the idea of "true Fulham fans " only sharing the same point of view  as yourself is a bit worrying . I think you need to rethink that one .

Lighthouse

Quote from: colinwhite on May 28, 2015, 10:34:00 AM
Just to set the record straight I am no nay sayer and any of My posts are over -worded then I apologise .
I want the best for the club , and I would love to see a successful Kit Symons . I have no prestige ( unlike the tone of Hatter dons post ) involved in any stand points I take and no desire to put  anyone down .
I thought the video was excellent and wrote as much on this thread and if you had taken the time to read it you would have understood my viewpoint .
What I find hard to  understand is the lack of willingness to debate the point, just writing off someones valid point of veiw as a " no - sayer" , and repeating the "just another kit out " phrase is ridiculous and insulting .

Sadly the insults were started by those objecting to a minority view of support for Symons. So the days of debate have long gone from these pages which is sad. Too many trolls.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

FulhamStu

Good to see many positive responses to this video.  I had previously written to the club and asked to hear from Rigg and this was a good way to get to see his influence.

I thought the messages were clear.  Rigg is in charge of football and Mackintosh in charge of the 'business' ie need to keep the financials in order.   This makes perfect sense and allows the football people to concentrate on that within a realistic financial model.  There was good comment about not risking the football club but also that of investment and a goal (Promotion) that will clearly require significant money to be spent.  This does not mean you need to waste it on Ruiz or even worse Mitroglue type players.

The big debate remains Kit Symons.  Kits interview style is awkward, he is anything but a polished performer like Rigg or even Mackintosh, and does tend to waffle.  Rigg recognised Kit inherited a bad situation, did well enough results wise and turned the 'behind the scenes' atcmosphere around.  A good dressing room is important.  It was also clear to me however that Kit will need to do a lot better and if results are not consistantly decent, he will be gone quite quickly.  I totally accept that making lots of changes to managers does nothing for the long term success of most football teams.  I remain however anything other then convinced Kit has what it takes.  He will be given a bit more time by the club for reasons given and I understand why, I would personally have moved him on now, time will tell if this was a bad decision or not.

In the meantime, I have more confidence that things will improve, I have stated many time that the Rigg appointment was huge and this interview only confirms those views.   Keeping Kit on is the big issue, it may mean we have to wait longer for the team to get to the level needed for promotion.

Nick Bateman

Having now watched the interview one feels clearer about several issues surrounding the club and the direction the hierachy wishes to go.

I thought Alistair Mackintosh was a little evasive but diplomatic in his answers, for example, Khan and Al Fayed have similarities AND differences, he answered, hardly committing himself either way (as Khan is the only one who can sack him now).  But watching AM, he did look as though the pressure was on him and one felt a little sympathy for the chap.

Perhaps I've made my points on the fellow, and although he made major errors, I always believe he meant to do what he thought was best for the club. 

It seems clear that Mike "Rigsby" Rigg will choose the players, based upon input from Kit Symons.  The details of the contracts will be finalized by Mackintosh, as he said, was mainly a finance man/

One also sees why they chose to keep Symons - can one imagine "Big" Sam Allardyce being told he has to report to a committee to sign certain players!??  Symons accepts his role and Rigsby's experience in the FA is another bonus.

All means little until we see what transfer developments occur in the coming summer, but was an interesting insight.
Nick Bateman "knows his footie"

Domino 1879

Yes it was good to hear from the Club at long last. 
Although they tried hard to present a unified front it is clear to me that Rigg holds the aces.
I think both Kit and Ali Mac are on borrowed time and would be astonished if Rigg didnt already have replacement manager in mind.
Personally I just cant see players being convinced to join with Kit as manager.  We'll soon find out over the next few months.

ToodlesMcToot

Quote from: Woolly Mammoth on May 28, 2015, 02:10:22 PM
Why wasn't Sepp Blatter invited.

He was too busy trying to coax one last golden egg out of the FIFA goose.
"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man." — The Dude

snarks

Sepp was invited to present the trophy, but decided that the bidding process to hold the tournament hadn't been done correctly, so he was staying away as a sign of protest at the transparency of the decision.