watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

QPR Release 6

Started by Toby Ward-Smith, May 27, 2015, 03:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toby Ward-Smith

QPR have just announced that they have released Zamora, Barton, Wright-Phillips, Murphy, Ferdinand and Dunne.
Would you take any of those? Zamora back? I would take Barton and Wright-Phillips. Barton is a no nonsense midfielder who can pick a pass and Wright-Phillips isn't scared to run at players which is one of the key things we have been missing this season.

Craven Mad

Barton would be a great signing for the Championship and has calmed down a lot in recent years. I've said it before, but we're lacking a leading CM that knows how to pass - Barton would offer us that in spades.

The others might be a slight improvement on what we have, but would be very short-term options on probably quite high wages. Probably best to ignore the rest, methinks..

Lighthouse

No to Barton. Wright Phillips not overly convinced would help us. Although we do need pace from somewhere. But I would hope for better.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

H4usuallysitting

The Joey Barton show - no thanks.....get David Cotterill in

beijing ben

Apart from Murphy, i think wages would be a problem for all of them. I doubt Bobby would ever consider coming back and Ferdinand will probably retire..

dannyboi-ffc

In my opinion players like Barton Wright Phillips Zamora Ferdinand are the reason why both Fulham and Qpr were relegated in embarrassing circumstances.

Their careers are basically over and would be of no benefit to us after 1 season. Thats all well and good if we go up first time but say we dont. All of a sudden we are lumbered with even more amorebieta's,  hugo's and parkers instead of having a team stronger for the following campaign.

I am all for signing players in their late 20's but it has to be the right fit for what we are trying to achieve. We need to rebuild the team again and bringing in the players that relegated qpr is not the way to do that.
Give us a follow @dannyboi_ffc   @fulham_focus

Email- [email protected]
Email- [email protected]

Supporting Fulham isn't about winning, it's about belonging

@jolslover

Would not take any of them
STH H3

Ordar

Barton without question would be a good signing

grandad

Would not touch any of them with a barge pole. All well past it or useless.
Where there's a will there's a wife

leonffc

Wright Phillips has had plenty of offers to move on for first team football but sat tight on his contract taking the wages. His right to do so obviously but I personally think it says a lot about his (footballing) character. That said, apparently he turned up and worked hard every day and wasn't a 'bad egg'. Personally I'd have taken a pay cut for first team footy bit...

Ferdinand was a mystery. Out of form, dropped, seemingly uninterested. But then we found out that he had tragic personal circumstances. I wouldn't touch him unless he took a huge pay cut, maybe pay as you play, but I guess he'll walk away now and concentrate on his children / media work.

Wouldn't bother with the rest either tbh

CincyFulham1

Quote from: grandad on May 27, 2015, 04:31:41 PM

+1

Chesh

Quote from: Ordar on May 27, 2015, 04:30:16 PM
Barton without question would be a good signing
Don't know about the 'without question' bit, as there are more questions than answers where Barton is concerned.

He can be a right liability sometimes, and wouldn't trust him to put the team before his own huge ego.
Made in Hammersmith (1968)

J.Perkins

Quote from: CincyFulham1 on May 27, 2015, 05:15:50 PM
Quote from: grandad on May 27, 2015, 04:31:41 PM

+1

+1596115841615489651147879878943213219

MJG

I'd touch them with a barge pole.

Bash them over the head if they step anywhere near joining us.

MasterHaynes

Quote from: H4usuallysitting on May 27, 2015, 04:03:26 PM
The Joey Barton show - no thanks.....get David Cotterill in
:plus one:he took over the game at our place for Birmingham, great crosser and although looks like a pensioner he posed problems with his pace all game

btings

Barton needs to embrace his destiny and come to MLS.

filham

The first question that requires a good response is why are Rangers prepared to release them

The obvious answer ,of course, is that they do not think these players would be good enough for a championship promotion chasing side.

God The Mechanic

Quote from: filham on May 27, 2015, 05:44:40 PM
The first question that requires a good response is why are Rangers prepared to release them

The obvious answer ,of course, is that they do not think these players would be good enough for a championship promotion chasing side.

I'd wager their wages also comes into play.  Barton is apparently on £80k a week, Rio won't have gone there cheap and SWP will also be on similar wages to Barton.  That'd be about £13million a year saved between three players...

EJL

Wright-Phillips is the poster boy of QPR's 'bad egg era'. Overpaid, lazy, and would rather sit on his contract than look for first team football elsewhere. Can't imagine how frustrating it must've been for their fans to see him get a standing ovation from the home fans at the Etihad. Swanned about for a bit whilst his team trailed by six goals, then walked straight down the tunnel at the end.

EJL

And Ferdinand is retiring, I believe.