watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

KNEE JERK REACTION ???

Started by garyclashcityrocker, May 27, 2015, 07:39:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garyclashcityrocker

I like so many Fulham fans like Kit. He's a nice bloke, he's been a great servant for the club both as a player and behind the scenes. When he was given the job I, like many of us was chuffed for him and hoped he would be the right man for the job. Sadly I would have taken anyone after McGath - so desperate was I for the change and give Kit his due, that initial burst when he took over was a much needed shot in the arm for the whole of the club, not just the team. In truth it was that period that probably saved us.

But then as we all know it went pear shaped. We could only play half decently for 45 minutes, we couldn't defend a corner for toffee (sorry Kit first or second phase? what is the difference?) we played 3 or even four defensively minded midfielders, dropped Burn (why?),
extended Smith's loan when he was scoring for fun and failed to give Roberts a run in the last 15 minutes off games.

I blew two games out, saying to my old woman - what's the point? I'm making more of an effort to get there, than they are playing.

The two 'must win' / six pointers showed all our failings, not least lack of heart, guile and tactical know how.

I know its the players that cross the white line, but where was the direction???

I hoped in vain that with survival, the club would re-evaluate the situation. Appoint a new manager with the required experience, tactical knowledge, and motivational skills.

Imagine my disappointment at todays message of unity.

The thing that keeps echoing around my head is that "not the time for a knee jerk reaction" mantra. Did they not see what we saw. How is it a knee jerk reaction to change a Manager who has neigh on a whole season, including a transfer window to prove he was the man to take the club forward. Something he resolutely failed to do.

Watford, Derby, Sheffield Utd - their knee jerk reactions to disappointment by teams that achieved.

To change managers after the dismal showing - of practically a whole season IS NOT!!!

I hope I'm wrong and there is some masterplan. But like many on the forum I'm not convinced and think Kit will be out at Xmas, when the current dearth of managers available right now, will be safely ensconced in their new clubs, resulting in us making a

K N E E  J E R K !!! R E A C T I O N

Taking on someone who has failed at his existing club at has been binned.......Ian Holloway come on down (Jeezus!!!)

fulhamben

i dont get it either, or the stability crap. its not stability we need, its improvement. but hey ho it is what it is. the club have said promotion is the goal (again) so lets see if they can deliver. we should have a good idea by the time the window shuts
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

dannydog

Can't believe we are retaining Kit what a joke, he will be sacked by October but by then it will be too  late for a promotion push. Even in the interview he looks clueless.

Wearethewhites

Quote from: garyclashcityrocker on May 27, 2015, 07:39:09 PM
I like so many Fulham fans like Kit. He's a nice bloke, he's been a great servant for the club both as a player and behind the scenes. When he was given the job I, like many of us was chuffed for him and hoped he would be the right man for the job. Sadly I would have taken anyone after McGath - so desperate was I for the change and give Kit his due, that initial burst when he took over was a much needed shot in the arm for the whole of the club, not just the team. In truth it was that period that probably saved us.

But then as we all know it went pear shaped. We could only play half decently for 45 minutes, we couldn't defend a corner for toffee (sorry Kit first or second phase? what is the difference?) we played 3 or even four defensively minded midfielders, dropped Burn (why?),
extended Smith's loan when he was scoring for fun and failed to give Roberts a run in the last 15 minutes off games.

I blew two games out, saying to my old woman - what's the point? I'm making more of an effort to get there, than they are playing.

The two 'must win' / six pointers showed all our failings, not least lack of heart, guile and tactical know how.

I know its the players that cross the white line, but where was the direction???

I hoped in vain that with survival, the club would re-evaluate the situation. Appoint a new manager with the required experience, tactical knowledge, and motivational skills.

The thing that keeps echoing around my head is that "not the time for a knee jerk reaction" mantra. Did they not see what we saw. How is it a knee jerk reaction to change a Manager who has neigh on a whole season, including a transfer window to prove he was the man to take the club forward. Something he resolutely failed to do.

Watford, Derby, Sheffield Utd - their knee jerk reactions to disappointment by teams that achieved.

To change managers after the dismal showing - of practically a whole season IS NOT!!!

I hope I'm wrong and there is some masterplan. But like many on the forum I'm not convinced and think Kit will be out at Xmas, when the current dearth of managers available right now, will be safely ensconced in their new clubs, resulting in us making a

Taking on someone who has failed at his existing club at has been binned.......Ian Holloway come on down (Jeezus!!!)

Careful now, Lighthouse and HatterDon will be along shortly proclaiming that this is Kit Out Thread No.762.

YankeeJim

Its not that I could and others couldn't.
Its that I did and others didn't.

garyclashcityrocker

Not so much a Kit Out thread, more a questioning of the reason behind the decision to retain his services in a managerial capacity.

How would a change be a knee jerk reaction?

I'm not so much Kit Out, I'm more justify your decision to stick with him - with something more than a soundbyte, that has no substance or real meaning and doesn't actually make sense given the situation.

mikestrand

Looking at the feelgood interview cynically, why do you think they needed to do the interview anyway? my guess would be to allay fears in order to encourage season ticket sales which must be alarmingly slow.

To them Fulham is a business and bums on seats a very important part of that business, and not buying a season ticket because you have no faith in the manager or their player buying capability a Knee Jerk Reaction.

fulhamben

Quote from: mikestrand on May 27, 2015, 08:21:57 PM

Looking at the feelgood interview cynically, why do you think they needed to do the interview anyway? my guess would be to allay fears in order to encourage season ticket sales which must be alarmingly slow.

To them Fulham is a business and bums on seats a very important part of that business, and not buying a season ticket because you have no faith in the manager or their player buying capability a Knee Jerk Reaction.
has it allayed fears? id say its reinforced mine.although the stadium news sounds very encouraging
CHRIS MARTIN IS SO BAD,  WE NOW PRAISE HIM FOR MAKING A RUN.

mikestrand

Quote from: fulhamben on May 27, 2015, 08:26:47 PM
Quote from: mikestrand on May 27, 2015, 08:21:57 PM

has it allayed fears? id say its reinforced mine.although the stadium news sounds very encouraging
same on both counts.

Lighthouse

Quote from: Wearethewhites on May 27, 2015, 07:56:48 PM

Careful now, Lighthouse and HatterDon will be along shortly proclaiming that this is Kit Out Thread No.762.

Well I must insist on..........MODERATORS HAVE BANNED LIGHTHOUSE FROM REPEATING HIS REPLIES. THE MODERATORS REALISE THE CONSTANT REPEATED KIT OUT THREADS ARE NEEDED TO MASSAGE THE CLEARLY DELUDED PACK OF .........MODERATORS HAVE BANNED THIS MODERATORS MESSAGE DUE TO ITS NEEDLESS ATTACK ON A LOAD OF SIMPLE MINDED.....THE MODERATORS WISH TO APOLOGISE FOR ANY MISUNDERSTANDING THE ABOVE MESSAGES MAY HAVE HAD ON THE PACK. YOU ARE ALL CORRECT AND NEED TO ALL GO TO SLEEP NOW IN THE KNOWLEDGE THAT IF YOU REPEAT THE SAME THING ENOUGH TIMES PEOPLE WILL SOMEHOW CHANGE THEIR MINDS. THAT GOES FOR YOU TOO LIGHTHOUSE NOW LEAVE IT.
The above IS NOT A LEGAL DOCUMENT. It is an opinion.

We may yet hear the horse talk.

I can stand my own despair but not others hope

Whitesideup

Have I missed something? Haven't we lost three of the first choice defenders? Plus Staff? So what exactly do we mean by stability?

We have a midfield that does not protect the back 4 effectively, has no width and no pace. Wouldn't want to upset that now, would we?

When we play Rotherham at home, I get the (obviously mistaken) impression that we are playing Real Madrid such at times was their dominance of play.

When they say stability, do they mean stand upright without falling over at the end of season party?

Woolly Mammoth

Stop shouting Lighthouse, it's bad for your piles and acute Flatulance. Calm down man, you are in the minority, because you are not up to date with the information, whereupon the majority are well informed by our Intelligence Unit. But once you get up to speed, then we will except you, after a full Vetting.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

H4usuallysitting

Rotherham have a horrible manager, but he organises his teams.....I remember watching Crawley when he was manager.....very organised team, I think they almost got a result against Man U in a cup game

HatterDon

Here's what I don't understand. The OP says that we blew two critical "six pointers." How is it, then, that we wound up 11 points clear of relegation? Were they six pointers in that, had we won them, we'd have been 17 points clear? Is there a new definition of "six pointer" I'm not aware of?

sorry if this is a knee-jerk reaction
"As long as there is light, I will sing." -- Juana, la Cubana

www.facebook/dphvocalease
www.facebook/sellersandhymel

RaySmith

I think Kit has been backed to continue as manager because of his achievement last season, in keeping up a squad that had been decimated before the start of the season, and had one point in  eight games when he took over.

I have high hopes of what Kit can achieve as a manager of Fulham, if he  gets the right backing to build the squad.

snarks

Well I think this is another Kit out thread, but hey.....

Anyway the reasons for sticking with him are clear (to me at least) and really if you don't see it, repeating what has been said on other threads ad nauseum will not change it. As an aside, whether he is the right man to take the club in the direction the fans want, I don't know, but I do think he deserves a proper chance with his squad.

As for those saying he's changing the squad how is that stability, fine then lets stick with the squad that did so well last season....... oh wait it didn't. The obvious holes (back 4, midfield) look like they are being addressed if you read the transfer rumours. Ok no signings yet but at least the club are investigating signings in the right areas.

Mince n Tatties

I had a Knee Jerk Reaction once, with my childhood sweetheart
In Woods near Herne Bay.
Iv'e never quite recovered... :022:

garyclashcityrocker

The point being made about the 'six pointer' games vs. Rotherham and Wigan, was not really about the subsequent point tally and how the losses had any effect, but more about knowing how important they seemed at the time (ie: make ourselves safer, early - fate in our own hands etc.) how dismally we performed. No fight, no belief, no guile....the list goes on.
Both Rotherham and Wigan looked like they were at least fighting to stay in the division, I was never convinced we were.
I renewed regardless. After 40 odd years why break the habit of a lifetime. I go and watch Fulham on Saturdays, it's what I do. But I will start to question my own blind faith and optimism at the start of every season if things don't take a turn.
I'm don't have unrealistic expectations about what we are.
I just want to see the same level of commitment from those on the pitch as those of us paying there wages. I also want those that make the decisions about how the club is run, to make those judgements and decisions based on facts.
Procrastination, avoiding making painful decisions- not making knee jerk reactions? all the same thing to me.
Regardless, Good Luck Kit! Let's hope you prove me and all the other doubters wrong.

Domino 1879

Sadly, I do not have high hopes for Kit as a manager of the first team. 
Yes you can argue that he kept us up but equally he was aided and abetted by some woeful teams below us.
Its the style and manner of our play that is so concerning.  I saw all but one of the home games and many of the away games and we were very lucky in some but shockingly dreadful in others - particularly against teams with pace and those that played a high 'pressing' game.
His inability to set the team up to counter these threats reveals a lack of preparation.  Ditto our inept defending at set pieces.

For all the support they tried to show in the video earlier this week, it was clear to me that Rigg is going to call the shots.  Ali Mac and Kit are both in 'last chance' saloon.  Riggs not going to put up with non-performers.

My take (and hope) is that Rigg will be sounding out an experienced manager now.  Someone with tactical and coaching ability who can organise and motivate the team.  You need a leader who can communicate his vision, and in whom the players believe in.  Sadly, Kit simply does not have what it takes.

Woolly Mammoth

Quote from: dannydog on May 27, 2015, 07:54:25 PM
Can't believe we are retaining Kit what a joke, he will be sacked by October but by then it will be too  late for a promotion push. Even in the interview he looks clueless.

It is a joke, the bloke looks completely vacant. It's incredible that far better managers are losing their jobs all around, and he is sitting there with a stupid expression on his face, with nothing sensible or reassuring or inspiring to say, looking like a spare part at a wedding.
Mike Rigg was the only one that makes me feel that all is not lost yet, but only just yet.
If any prospective players saw that interview, how many of them would honestly want too play for Symons,
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.