News:

Use a VPN to stream games Safely and Securely 🔒
A Virtual Private Network can also allow you to
watch games Not being broadcast in the UK For
more Information and how to Sign Up go to
https://go.nordvpn.net/SH4FE

Main Menu

Fulham FC XI friendly VMet Police FC on Wednesday 8th July 2015 (19:45 KO)

Started by LBNo11, June 02, 2015, 06:09:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LBNo11

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/metropolitanpolicefc/news/cottagers-to-visit-in-pre-season-game--1437992.html

...Great, I've been there and it's a nice ground plenty of room (and no trouble  :005: ) -I drive past there to go to and from work so I'll pop in to see players I've never heard of playing from Fulham - much the same as last season on reflection...

PS: See you there Burt, just a short walk for you..!
Twitter: @LBNo11FFC

Fernhurst

If they still play at Ember Court its a fabulous facility.
Great pitches and great baths to sooth those aching muscles.

The atmosphere's fresh and the debate lively.

Woolly Mammoth

I played in a Cup Final there once, just down the road from me, there is a nice bar there as well.
Its not the man in the fight, it's the fight in the man.  🐘

Never forget your Roots.

Scrumpy

Yep, I'll be at that one. Grew up nearby and it's been many years since I saw a game there.

Presumably, it will be mostly a 'reserve' Fulham team.
English by birth, Fulham by the grace of God.

Burt

Burt

Whilst the Met does have a bar on site, the nearest boozer is Marneys, about 10 minutes walk away. I go there every Sunday evening to see out the old week and welcome in the new one with some folk from around these here parts. Perhaps we could do a quick FOF get-together before the match  :dft011:

H4usuallysitting

The Albany, George and Dragon and Swan are all nice boozers nearby....I'll pop song to this one, nice facilities at Ember Court...I think they still have a restaurant in house

LBNo11

...I went to Ember/Imber Court in April and here are some photos I took of the ground:-

LBNo11

...and finally the programme of that day - you'll laugh at their number 4's name considering the team he plays for:-

Look out for ex Hampton FC player Joe Turner, ex Fulham youth (2002-8) Bradley Hudson Odoi, Charlie Collins and their grey haired defensive midfielder, - cannot remember his name - but the first two are good players...

LBNo11

...finally, finally, as Burt suggested, Marneys on a nice summer evening is lovely, but you will have difficulty in parking close by - but I hope nobody goes to the Greyhound on Weston Green - che£$ea pub and owner!

earlbeatty

I'm sure I'll be able to persuade Barney Travers out for a Pre-Season beer or two and an opportunity to hoist our Fulham flag at a new ground!!

EB

Burt

Come to they Greyhound this Friday evening though to see Endless Summer live... Got to get the plug in as one of my neighbours is the guitarist!

bunter

Oh wonderful. Missed the last X1 game there so delighted to get another chance to tick it off the list.

LBNo11

LBNo11

...another reminder to come along and see the U-21's on Wednesday night - COYW...

LBNo11

...last call - see the Fulham U21's tonight at the Met police's ground at Ember/Imber Court - anyone who recognises me can buy me a drink - cheers - Ed

PS: Coming straight from work so will be suited and booted

FPT

Fulham team by the way:

Jake Souttar in goal, then appears to be Shane Elworthy at right back with U16s' Jerome Opoku (natural centre back) at left back with a central defence pairing of Elijah Adebayo and trialist Bruno Wilson (and 18 year old from Sporting, 6ft 3).

In midfield, Mesca on the right, with Tayo Edun on the left, and I presume Luca De La Torre in the middle with Mattias Kait. Up top should see Dean O'Halloran off of/with Aaron Redford.

Bench: Taye Ashby-Hammond, Ryheem Sheckleford, Aron Davies, Tiago Casasola, Jordan Evans, Josh Smile, Stephen Humphrys, Harrison Paton, Joshua Walker and Ravin Shamsi.

God The Mechanic

The guy on trial is apparently pretty highly rated - pacey and with decent technique.  Likened to Ilori at Liverpool.

LBNo11

...I thought Met Police bossed us (a lot) in the first half and played the better football, finding space and attacking with confidence, I was quite impressed with their left back Mick / Mikael, good moves, wanting the ball and read the game well.  We played better in the second half and were growing in confidence - their Welsh goalie (who may have had mild tourettes) made a couple of good saves to keep us out...